News and Notes Thread IX: Paper Bags and LaRose Colored Glasses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Time to fix the rulebook.

Not sure I agree with that. Where do you draw the line?

It could deflect off the goalie and go straight in.
It could leak through the goalie and slowly trickle over the line.
It could hit the goalie, pop up into the air a few feet, drop behind him and roll into the net.
It could do the same, then hit the cross bar and go in.
etc...

As long as the puck hasn't stopped moving or hit the boards, the shooting player again, a ref., etc....the play should remain. Whether it takes 0.5s, 1s, or 5s for it to eventually cross the line is irrelevant IMO. Rule seems fine to me.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
No, he knocked the puck into the air using his blocker, went off to celebrate, then the puck bounced down and rolled into the net.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
At some point, are we going to talk about how this team might not be anywhere near as bad as it looked with half the lineup out and several players having really horrible starts?

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Also, this is hilarious. Possession numbers, plotted. Buffalo is off the charts, and not in a good way.

B1nFYYMCcAAHQsz.png

We're right in the thick of things, despite the horrid start. If we're hoping to win hockey games (I still am), that's a really good sign.

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Yeah, Buffalo is historically bad this year. Like, one has to make a concentrated effort to be that bad.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
At some point, are we going to talk about how this team might not be anywhere near as bad as it looked with half the lineup out and several players having really horrible starts?

Depends on if what we're seeing now is sustainable. The metrics on that are saying "it could be".

And we're still missing our best possession player.

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
It's silly to think about, but 3 more wins in a row and we'll be back to a .500 team.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
It's silly to think about, but 3 more wins in a row and we'll be back to a .500 team.

Maybe go something like 6-3-1 over the next 10 to accomplish the same? Then go from there and hope the rest of the division continues to suck something fierce.

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
So our schedule for the next 5 is:

CBJ
Capitals
Flames
Jets
Bruins

I'd love to say 4-1 there, but the pessimist in me says 2-3.

Francis10

Jan 28, 2012
Canada
Depends on if what we're seeing now is sustainable. The metrics on that are saying "it could be".

And we're still missing our best possession player.

Its tough, cause obviously we are all Canes fans and want to see the team win. But then again, the only way we get a sure fire top notch pick is to bottom out........

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I've been afraid to venture in there. Any particularly good ones?

Here's the latest:

E Staal + Skinner to T.O
Lots of speculation about Eric Staal floating around but with Skinner reportedly playing on the 4th line maybe a blockbuster deal is possible

Toronto

Kadri
Lupul
Franson
Finn
Conditional 1st (Toronto chooses 2015 or 2016)

Carolina

E Staal (1 mil retained or whatever number is needed to make the cap)
Skinner

rocky7

DAT 13
Feb 9, 2013
God's country
"IF" the TEA line can get going again and be as dominant as they were a couple of seasons ago, who knows...it may happen or not but again, to say anything definitive after 10 or so games is a bit premature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->