Pre-Game Talk: New York Rangers vs. Pittsburgh Penguins 4/23 3pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

pac522

May 25, 2014
New Orleans
this is such a dumb post.
Punish a team to throw their timing off, wear them down physically and start taking back momentum and control.

In a game down 4-0 with 2 periods left you can at least fly around and dominate physically for these reasons. This is what the other guy was saying.

No one is talking about fighting and hitting for no reason.

Well first things first, here's Pittsburgh's front office phone number, 412.642.1800. The Rangers need to call and ask for their nut sacks back. Some where after the first minute of play in the third game the Rangers lost all testicular fortitude.

Why am I posting this? Well, just in case there was any question that I was calling out their manhood in the last thread I posted in.

You don't go from game 2, playing a version of a 1-3-1 neutral zone trap, that was shut down effective, with more big hits then the rest of the games in the series combined, to a game 3 with some real nasty non calls, to a game 4 playing like they hung up their skates for the remainder of the season, without someone losing something.

They lost their minds, they lost their heart and they lost their sack. As someone said earlier, its a damn shame that I have to watch a team I despise in order to see how a team should respond after all but being dead and buried.

I sure hope the Rangers are watching the Flyers-Caps game.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
I hope the Rangers find their balls, they totally lost them last game.
They better come out looking like a team that knows how badly they soiled themselves last game.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Well first things first, here's Pittsburgh's front office phone number, 412.642.1800. The Rangers need to call and ask for their nut sacks back. Some where after the first minute of play in the third game the Rangers lost all testicular fortitude.

Why am I posting this? Well, just in case there was any question that I was calling out their manhood in the last thread I posted in.

You don't go from game 2, playing a version of a 1-3-1 neutral zone trap, that was shut down effective, with more big hits then the rest of the games in the series combined, to a game 3 with some real nasty non calls, to a game 4 playing like they hung up their skates for the remainder of the season, without someone losing something.

They lost their minds, they lost their heart and they lost their sack. As someone said earlier, its a damn shame that I have to watch a team I despise in order to see how a team should respond after all but being dead and buried.

I sure hope the Rangers are watching the Flyers-Caps game.

LOL preaching to the choir. I love the extra mile you went with the phone number

Ryan McDonut

Jan 18, 2009
New York
is there a reason AV doesn't give guys a lot of ice time?? correct me if i'm wrong but im looking at the average ice time for rangers players this series and its mind boggling. Nash and zucc with 18 minutes per game, step with 17:38, brassard averaging only 16:56. aren't you supposed to double shift your best guys when you're losing games?

It just doesn't make sense to me. When the pens are losing you can bet crosby and letang will be playing every other shift in the 3rd period. sid is averaging 21 minutes per game this series.

NYRKING30

Apr 29, 2011
NYC
Everything turned around after the disallowed goal. I knew that was going to be turning point when it happened.

Thinking back to it. It certainly was the series changer without a doubt. Now the Rangers will go out tomorrow playing a phenomenal game and get a W only to give us a false sense of hope.

wafflepadsave

May 28, 2011
Franklin, Tn
To me, all coaches are virtually identical at this level. They all know what's needed. The only way to truly judge them is by what the players think of them and we can't know that until after the fact, and usually not even then. Trottier was an exception. Everyone knew he was clueless, except for Sather.

The sad truth is that the roster isn't close to good enough.

McDonagh, their only excellent defenseman is hurt, again. Staal hasn't been the same since the eye injury. Girardi has broken down after tremendous abuse. Boyle is too old. McIlrath is a question mark, as is Skjei. Klein is decent. None of them are a threat offensively except McDonagh, sometimes.

On offense, they have some good players, but no great ones. Not even close. There are no youngsters who took a big step forward this year, except Miller, who showed flashes of becoming a force. Nash has gone from offensive force to one of the best defensive forwards in the game. No idea what happened to him.

Kreider and Hayes are their two biggest disappointments, because both have shown glimpses of real talent. Kreider remains the biggest under-performer for the skills he possesses in all the years I have been watching. Hayes looked like a lazy idiot this year.

Kreider is the only player on the roster who might bring a haul in return. I know we're all scared he'll bloom elsewhere, but I think it's worth seeing what he could bring in return.

Hank remained the best player on the roster by far this season, but a certain segment of posters have lit into him. To be fair, they have been blaming him for years, even though he has been the best goaltender in the league for a decade.

All blame belongs squarely on the shoulders of Sather, who was the most overrated GM I have ever seen. He didn't let me down in N.Y.

Now we are left with a lot of second and lower line talent and an apparently near bare pipeline.

This group's window has closed. I don't think it can be re-tooled. I think it needs to be blown up. I doubt management will do that so we better hope guys like Kreider, Miller and Hayes blossom. If they don't and if management doesn't blow it up, get prepared for some very lean years.
NYR probably need to be sold to real hockey people. Only then can things be done the right way for the right reasons.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Thinking back to it. It certainly was the series changer without a doubt. Now the Rangers will go out tomorrow playing a phenomenal game and get a W only to give us a false sense of hope.

We were flying physically and dominating. As soon as that goal was called back, it deflated the team completely. Myself as well.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ

Mandar

The Real Maven
Sep 27, 2013
The Tarheel State
Couldn't agree more. LA Kings have the perfect balance of hitting and possession.

Are you talking about golf? Cause that's what the precious Kings are gonna be doing with the rest of their spring/summer. Maybe we both go out in 5.....and maybe a team that goes out in 5 in the FIRST round doesn't have the PERFECT balance of hitting and possession.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
is there a reason AV doesn't give guys a lot of ice time?? correct me if i'm wrong but im looking at the average ice time for rangers players this series and its mind boggling. Nash and zucc with 18 minutes per game, step with 17:38, brassard averaging only 16:56. aren't you supposed to double shift your best guys when you're losing games?

It just doesn't make sense to me. When the pens are losing you can bet crosby and letang will be playing every other shift in the 3rd period. sid is averaging 21 minutes per game this series.

I've been *****ing about this since game one of this season. There's no answer for it. AV has weird ideas regarding ice time and fatigue. We also practice less then a lot of teams.

The best part is that he doesn't even use the one advantage that comes with spreading the forwards' ice time that evenly - icing a 7th D. So we end up with just the negatives and none of the positives from that strategy.

Petey Pucks

Feb 10, 2009
Jersey City, NJ
Everything turned around after the disallowed goal. I knew that was going to be turning point when it happened.

Sadly I knew that too because of the intestinal fortitude they show so often....just didn't think it would totally deflate them in the next game ....but hey what the hell do I know?

this team is weak....so is management

I wish we had management that , as someone else put it , cares about hockey and success.....and not so much about the dollars and cents of NYC

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Why does AV fully trust Brady Skjei, but bear an apparent dislike of McIlrath?

He is a person though - he likes skjei skillset in some area of play is more valuble in AV`s view in comparison to McIrath.

Petey Pucks

Feb 10, 2009
Jersey City, NJ
AV's influence on team philosophy " it's infectious ! " = vernon fiddler hilarious

maybe AV is also getting a secret kick out of using Tanner Glass the way he does

truebluegoalie

Nov 28, 2008
Virginia

DUH. If he double shifts those guys he can't have glass out there down by a goal.

Deleted member 23124

Sadly I knew that too because of the intestinal fortitude they show so often....just didn't think it would totally deflate them in the next game ....but hey what the hell do I know?

this team is weak....so is management

I wish we had management that , as someone else put it , cares about hockey and success.....and not so much about the dollars and cents of NYC

Rangers have the most fragile psyche of any team in the history of sports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad