Pre-Game Talk: New York Rangers vs. Pittsburgh Penguins 4/23 3pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarbaraAlphanse

Boyle gets benched. Diaz steps in and fixes the power play. Rangers win the series. HFNYR melts down.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
What would that do? That would contribute nothing but probably a penalty against the Rangers.

Hitting or Fighting senselessly does not indicate "showing life" to me

Ok I guess we agree to disagree then. Lets get embarrassed on home ice and go out with our tails between our legs.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
WOW why is this coach experimenting in the playoffs?

First Skjei, who didn't play badly but didn't leap frog McIlrath.

Now Diaz? A guy who hasn't played all season and is making his season debut in a season ending game?

Why is he trying to beat the Pens at their own game?

This coach needs to be fired. He's the closest thing to Chip Kelly in the NHL.

Leetch66

Jan 8, 2007
PEI Canada
Soft team...nobody has the other guys back....we avoid crease confrontations and the Penguins relish it in our end .Basically that is the biggest difference between these teams. We have nobody like Kunitz and Hornqvist & Letang that can play that style.....too soft all year....this is not a new thing for us....been ongoing for a few years now.....always come up short and banged around a lot by smaller but feistier teams and players . Vanilla.....YUCCCCCCKKKKKKKKK .:nopity:

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Soft team...nobody has the other guys back....we avoid crease confrontations and the Penguins relish it in our end .Basically that is the biggest difference between these teams. We have nobody like Kunitz and Hornqvist & Letang that can play that style.....too soft all year....this is not a new thing for us....been ongoing for a few years now.....always come up short and banged around a lot by smaller but feistier teams and players . Vanilla.....YUCCCCCCKKKKKKKKK .:nopity:

So ***** vanilla. There was one point I believe it was 4-0 or 5-0 with hornqvist standing I'm front of raanta after raanta covered the puck. He smiles and gives a patronizing tap on I believe brassards shoulder pretty much saying hey this is fun isn't it?! With a huge grin on his face . Brassard pretty much said don't ****ing touch me and slapped at hornqvists stick. I mean how can you tolerate such stuff on home ice? Ugh

vladmyir111

Mar 27, 2007
So ***** vanilla. There was one point I believe it was 4-0 or 5-0 with hornqvist standing I'm front of raanta after raanta covered the puck. He smiles and gives a patronizing tap on I believe brassards shoulder pretty much saying hey this is fun isn't it?! With a huge grin on his face . Brassard pretty much said don't ****ing touch me and slapped at hornqvists stick. I mean how can you tolerate such stuff on home ice? Ugh

Kind of like that time earlier in the season when we were playing the flyers the next game after they injured someone on a dirty hit and we were up like 5-1 in the third and no one even attempted to do anything.

Sure we win with skills, but when the other team is more skilled most teams get chippy to put a stick in their spoke. We just skate around like pansies taking the loss.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Kind of like that time earlier in the season when we were playing the flyers the next game after they injured someone on a dirty hit and we were up like 5-1 in the third and no one even attempted to do anything.

Sure we win with skills, but when the other team is more skilled most teams get chippy to put a stick in their spoke. We just skate around like pansies taking the loss.

Even Jeremy Roenick who was on with lagreca and Kay said there is no way you should go out like that on home ice. They skated with their heads down and were waiting for the final buzzard.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
When your top 2 lines are centered by Crosby and Malkin, you can have Sheary and Rust in your top 6.

When your best offensive players are Brassard and Zuccarello you need depth which costs $.

That is not what the problem is

Taking Glass, E Staal, Boyle, 3rd pair Yandle
over
Hagelin, Stralman, Duclair.

has nothing to do with depth and everything to do with pure GM idiocy. Those three moves are what led to this piece of **** team. I also think we should've done everything in our power to turn Callahan+ picks into a young player, preferably a RD.

Last edited:

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Still trying to wrap my head around the fact that they can't score on a rookie goalie that has stepped in cold. A scrawny 22 year old ROOKIE that was called up mid-season. :baghead:

I thought the 2008 post-season matchup was bad, but this is way worse. Atleast those old farts tried.

Neuvirth, Varlamov, Tokarski

This team is a piece of **** historically against rookie goalies.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
What would that do? That would contribute nothing but probably a penalty against the Rangers.

Hitting or Fighting senselessly does not indicate "showing life" to me

this is such a dumb post.
Punish a team to throw their timing off, wear them down physically and start taking back momentum and control.

In a game down 4-0 with 2 periods left you can at least fly around and dominate physically for these reasons. This is what the other guy was saying.

No one is talking about fighting and hitting for no reason.

Unpredictable1

Jan 27, 2008
Alberta
Punish a team to throw their timing off, wear them down physically and start taking back momentum and control.

In a game down 4-0 with 2 periods left you can at least fly around and dominate physically for these reasons. This is what the other guy was saying.

Totally agree, but for some it's a hard concept to grasp on here.

Come out flying tomorrow boys, renew my faith. I'm so sick of Kunitz's face. Man, did he ever clench and hug for dear life when Klein got a hold of him. He wanted no part of that scuffle.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
The answer to our woes is quite obviously, move Glass to the third line. **** AV. I hope we get laughed out of the building tomorrow and this scum is canned the next day.

I agree AVs coaching is highly concerning, at best. But he is not 'scum'. Come on.

Jun 25, 2013
www.tannerglassisthebest.com

Couldn't agree more. LA Kings have the perfect balance of hitting and possession.

Leetch66

Jan 8, 2007
PEI Canada

Actually there was also another play much like that when Hornqvist and Stalberg patted each other and hugged in front of Murray .

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Actually there was also another play much like that when Hornqvist and Stalberg patted each other and hugged in front of Murray .

Yup i saw that as well. I've never seen a team like the pens. They don't like to be hit or touched. We failed miserably in every facet last night. When game was 4-0 there was no reason not to go out there and take the body. Face wash. Bump the goalie even if it meant taking a penalty. I'm not saying be dirty but don't let them have a field day either.

Leetch66

Jan 8, 2007
PEI Canada
Yup i saw that as well. I've never seen a team like the pens. They don't like to be hit or touched. We failed miserably in every facet last night. When game was 4-0 there was no reason not to go out there and take the body. Face wash. Bump the goalie even if it meant taking a penalty. I'm not saying be dirty but don't let them have a field day either.

Kreider should have kept on going on the opening draw....but decided instead to fake dropping the mitts....too funny . EVERYBODY associated with the business of hockey that knows him knew he was bluffing . I'm sure if he had even face palmed Hornqvist badly they would have still been 4 on 4 .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad