Post-Game Talk: New York Rangers vs Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Hilarious. Ovi could of shot 3 pucks into that space. Check the :39 sec mark. Hope someone can post a screenie of this and tag him. Also, you can see 3 refs in the video all close to the play. WTH did they see? This is why I don't trust eye witness testimony.

Ovie's WTF face is hilarious.

Reactions: IafrateOvie34

searle

Jan 24, 2014
England
With teams regularly playing back to back playing endless OT until a winner is decided is just stupid IMO - the risk of injury instantly goes up.

Alternative could be 3 points for a regular win, if it goes to OT the its 2 for the win, 1 for the loss, so the game becomes less valuable for everyone involved.

I feel like in the past people have looked at the standings with different point variants and it usually doesn't change things too much.

As everyone has said, you got 60 minutes to beat the other team, then 5 in a higher risk situation with loads of odd man rushes, after that you just need to put the game out its misery and get the f*** home so you can rest up for the next day. With 82 games in the regular season they're just not valuable enough to do anything more than that IMO.

Reactions: Silky mitts

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I may be the only one that grew accustomed to the tie. "There, now we can all be friends" endings.

You'd think in the hyper sensitive era, we'd be fearful of losses causing meltdowns. Relax, here is your participation trophy!!

I am cool with no ties, but then why again are we awarding the loser, anything? It's a participation point.

NFL games end in ties and they only have 16 games. Soccer of course. Some sports, it's just not practical to rule it out as a reasonable ending to a game.

EDIT: Short of significantly changing the game

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad