Post-Game Talk: New York Rangers vs Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
I think we are about to go on a roll, similar to last year

Our play has been night and day different over the past few games IMO
We played well against the Islanders. Before that we played an AHL team and the game before that we beat the Rangers but didnt play well. We have had too many of those types of games this year.

notDkristich

Jan 27, 2013
It's Sunday confession time...I was against the Hagelin trade, but he has impressed thus far. What is DSP's status? Did he report to Hershey?

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
DSP is in Hershey. He can be recalled when the salary cap is eliminated in the playoffs. My guess is that he is on a fitness program. Which is easier to do in Hershey than the NHL

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I would not be shocked if the Caps didn't find a way to keep Hagelin. He has value as long as he has the wheels. It doesn't look as strange to see him in Red as I thought. I thought maybe it was a flashback to Chimera but Hagelin has hair

philip

dismember
Jun 27, 2014
DSP is in Hershey. He can be recalled when the salary cap is eliminated in the playoffs. My guess is that he is on a fitness program. Which is easier to do in Hershey than the NHL
What's this, there's no salary cap come playoff time?

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
What's this, there's no salary cap come playoff time?

No salary cap. The roster limits are eliminated at the trade deadline and the salary cap limits are eliminated at the end of the regular season. Players don't get paid in the playoffs. Note that the Caps have always called up a group of "black aces". Cant do that if there is a salary cap.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Hopefully the Rangers come out hitting and wake us up, since clearly the smelling salts don't do the trick.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
I would not be shocked if the Caps didn't find a way to keep Hagelin. He has value as long as he has the wheels. It doesn't look as strange to see him in Red as I thought. I thought maybe it was a flashback to Chimera but Hagelin has hair

Hagelin cam play up the lineup as high as 2LW with Nicky so basically being W depth for the team. Another question, what will be his ask? 2,5M?

If it's 2M - I'd take it and run

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Pretty sure Hagelin is a pure rental. Caps have guys coming who can do what he does and probably have a bit more offensive potential as well.

Reactions: maacoshark

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Pretty sure Hagelin is a pure rental. Caps have guys coming who can do what he does and probably have a bit more offensive potential as well.
Was Hagelin a piece that we really needed? I think what this team really needed was a solid faceoff man that could also kill penalties.
So basically we needed a guy like Beagle.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Hagelin signed for 4M after 3 seasons where he had about 0.5ppg

Now he has 8 points in 42 games. I would not expect him to sign rich contract this summer. Nothing close to 4M.

PS: Barber is RW, Pinho is C/RW, right? Only Gersich is LW... and he's small winger who could maybe challenge Bura but... worse than Bura actually.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC

Pretty sure he is too. Not shocked isn't the same as I expect. He looks at home. If they resign him, my reaction wouldn't be OMG

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Was Hagelin a piece that we really needed? I think what this team really needed was a solid faceoff man that could also kill penalties.
So basically we needed a guy like Beagle.

Yea, I think they needed him. The PK has sucked. Both Hagelin and Jensen were for the PK. I don't disagree that they need a better Beagle replacement than Dowd but I think that kind of player is way harder to find. I expect there wasn't a good option there.

Meanwhile, Reirden is giddy to have Hagelin on his side.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Yea, I think they needed him. The PK has sucked. Both Hagelin and Jensen were for the PK. I don't disagree that they need a better Beagle replacement than Dowd but I think that kind of player is way harder to find. I expect there wasn't a good option there.

Meanwhile, Reirden is giddy to have Hagelin on his side.

I was luke warm on Hagelin but I have been pleased. He and Jensen really have improved this team’s ability to play fast and move the puck quickly from D to O. It really is something though how awful Hagelin is at finishing.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
He has to be. He's paid avg 4M a year, and the only reason the caps have him is because of the salary retained by the Kings and a bit by the Pens

That's what he is getting now. You think he gets that in his next gig? His base salary is $2.3m for this season. He has 18 goals combined the last 3 seasons.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I was luke warm on Hagelin but I have been pleased. He and Jensen really have improved this team’s ability to play fast and move the puck quickly from D to O. It really is something though how awful Hagelin is at finishing.

I think the finishing thing is what is going to keep his next contract number down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad