Post-Game Talk: New York Rangers @ Columbus Blue Jackets - Oct 13, 2017

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
This year has reminded me why I hate AV so much.

Fire this clown before it's too late (i.e. after tomorrow's game). My #1 choice would be Darryl Sutter, but I'm open to anyone but AV, including Lindy Ruff. Adam Oates, Paul MacLean, Bob Hartley...OK, maybe not the last one, but Hartley at least would light a fire under the players.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Not much good to take away from tonight other than the play of Henrik. I've been very critical of him, but he's been very good two games in a row.

AV needs to go. He should have been fired immediately after the playoffs last year. The team is either not listening to him, or his system is terrible. Either way, it's time to move on.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
If I had to guess, I would say 1-7 would be the magic number for Gorton to fire Vigneault and try to salvage this season.

Reactions: Doctor King Schultz

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
Nash is done, he is such a non factor out there, at this point just try and get a warm body for him if a team is stupid enough to take his contract .

He's done as a scorer. He can still protect the puck, make an ok pass and go to the net.
He's a 3rd liner making 1st line money. Assuming no injuries, there will be a market for him asa rental at the deadline with a team looking for cup run depth

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
All of you saying that you're going to go watch Dahlin and Svechnikov highlights are out to lunch. The Rangers start was worse the year they went to the Cup final.

AV's objective in practice in the coming days should be driving home tight defensive coverage in the first 10 minutes of the game. Survive the first 10 minutes and play your game from there. The Rangers haven't led at all outside of the Montreal game. How crazy is that?

That being said, I'm almost expecting Gorton to make a panic trade for Matt Duchene to shake things up a bit.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Move Nash & Vesey for assets and start to plan next season, and by the love of god - draft a sniper Gorton in 2018 summer draft! :)

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Well, if having Holden play with McDonagh was the teams way of showcasing, he didn't do a great job

At this point I kinda just shrug my shoulders and say it is what it is

Nothing will get better till AV is gone so

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
And recall Chytil start to use him - I don`t care if we lose games. At least he have a high skillset like #1 21st overall pick.
And pls. put David D. back on 4th line.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Team lost because they didn't show up in the third period until the final two minutes.

40 minutes of hockey doesn't cut it. 60 minutes.

Hank was great tonight. Nash looked good too. Vesey giving everyone blue balls.

I think Panarin breaks everyone's ankles on that goal. Shattenkirk or not.

Loff

Lafdaddy
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro
All the lines are just dull and lifeless. Good job AV.

AV needs to just disappear.

"NO."

avsheeteatinggrin.jpg

Reactions: Nickmo82 and Ori

Holocene

Mar 10, 2011
Toms River, NJ
All of you saying that you're going to go watch Dahlin and Svechnikov highlights are out to lunch. The Rangers start was worse the year they went to the Cup final.

AV's objective in practice in the coming days should be driving home tight defensive coverage in the first 10 minutes of the game. Survive the first 10 minutes and play your game from there. The Rangers haven't led at all outside of the Montreal game. How crazy is that?

That being said, I'm almost expecting Gorton to make a panic trade for Matt Duchene to shake things up a bit.
We led in this game.

Sayba

Dark Schneider
Jul 7, 2009
AV needs to go, it's time. This team isn't great but still, need someone to come in without any loyalty AV continues to ridiculously show.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC

The only thing we have to trade for Duchene is Skjei and that obviously would be a huge mistake.

And we would probably have to add to Skjei based on Sakics rumored demands.

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY

I'm sorry, but there's an enormous difference between his first year as coach, where he should be given a long leash to implement his system and his 5th.

He has been coach of this team for a long time now. Many of these players have been his for years. There was not much turnover on the roster this off-season. He is failing miserably to start the season with a team that he already knows well.

This is inexcusable. His decisions, year in, year out, are inexcusable. He needs to go.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
I know that the rules of the site state that we should only criticize certain individuals, but while he may become one, Buch is far from a 1st line player, at present.

Reactions: NCRanger

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
The only thing we have to trade for Duchene is Skjei and that obviously would be a huge mistake.

And we would probably have to add to Skjei based on Sakics rumored demands.

Agree. Skjei shouldn't at all be available.

No Duchene. He is not the answer.

Again, agree.

I'm sorry, but there's an enormous difference between his first year as coach, where he should be given a long leash to implement his system and his 5th.

He has been coach of this team for a long time now. Many of these players have been his for years. There was not much turnover on the roster this off-season. He is failing miserably to start the season with a team that he already knows well.

This is inexcusable. His decisions, year in, year out, are inexcusable. He needs to go.

I'm not disagreeing. Not having his team ready to play games is on him.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
RangersTown
Team lost because they didn't show up in the third period until the final two minutes.

40 minutes of hockey doesn't cut it. 60 minutes.

Hank was great tonight. Nash looked good too. Vesey giving everyone blue balls.

I think Panarin breaks everyone's ankles on that goal. Shattenkirk or not.
Shattenkirk looked really bad on that one (yes, such a revelation I know). If that was Staal, the howls would still be heard.
The real answer is for them to practice basic defending principles in practice, I firmly believe. They gave, and the Bluejackets took and took. Hank was great.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Tomorrow is a must win

Period

It's not easy to make up points in this league

Not easy

Must
Win

1-4. We are bad luck or bad play away from 2-9

Reactions: Tob