Post-Game Talk: New York Rangers @ Columbus Blue Jackets - Oct 13, 2017

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Accountability is the facade. The lack of checks and balances is the real issue.

Gorton is the GM, I like that. Good direction, good negotiator, good signings, good trades, and good sense of timing. We could use a new AGM that isn't a rookie AGM that can bring experience and a convincing voice of opinion or difference that carries weight.

Then there are the coaches. Vigneault and Arniel are best friends, tied to the hip. Ruff is Arniel's friend and alike Samuelson and Jeff Buekeboom, they're the outsider to AV/Arniel. Where is the constructive critical dynamic?

Vigneault's decisions about personnel ice time (Skjei, Smith, Yandle, Stempniak), personnel selection (Staal, Girardi, Holden, Kampfer), free agent signings and call ups (Glass), waiver pick ups (Ruff-Cracknell) are all unchecked. The flaws of the coach(es) are magnified to the point of fault. The GM isn't stopping the bad choices of the coaches and the assistant coaches aren't using their strengths to offset the head coach's weaknesses.

A team is suppose to benefit from the strengths of each member but in this management and coaching staff merely sings the same off tune song in a closed chamber.

1-4 to start the season and the only win of the season is a very off toned 2-0 win against Montreal that had two goals waived off and Henrik had to be our best player.

There are important decisions to be made and hopefully, we don't decide to stand pat and do nothing.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
The difference this year is all the home games in October. If the Rangers keep playing this way, it'll turn from a long month into a long season.

I wouldn't say that. The Rangers are a good road team under AV for the most part.

That being said, if the Rangers have a poor homestand, I think AV's seat is going to start to get hot. It was already warm before the season started.

vladmyir111

Mar 27, 2007
Time to trade for Duschene the lines looks like complete horse shit and there has been zero offense 5 on 5. What'd Sakic want a first rounder and some stuff?

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Brb gonna go watch some Dahlin highlights

Very excited about this now. It's been blue balling to see so much elite young talent go to other teams and a lot because of winning the lottery against other teams' better odds.

It's time we get in on that.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Torts with a thunder speech between 2nd & 3 rd, and we were one step behind the entire 3rd period - it`s a shame.

tlallstar6

Jan 24, 2008
Hayes and Miller continue to make mistakes and lazy plays. In-game maturity and decision making needs to be better. Don't care that Hayes scored, it doesn't make up for the other issues.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Brb gonna go watch some Dahlin highlights
I'm with you now. I was probably wrong in wanting smith signed (haven't seen and enjoyed a Ranger dman playing like he did in the playoffs against montreal with his snarl and effective play). Was neutral on shatty signing but obviously we would be better off having guys like Pionk and TD play. Maybe getting something for a grabner and Nash before the trade deadline. never wanted garbage DD. he wasn't even wanted in montreal.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

vladmyir111

Mar 27, 2007
2 lines on this team are basically scrubs forcing the 3rd line to be the second. So basically 3 lines suck due to lack of a real #2 center

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Time to trade for Duschene the lines looks like complete horse **** and there has been zero offense 5 on 5. What'd Sakic want a first rounder and some stuff?

Sorry but no thanks. I don't think this team wins a cup with Duschene and im not willing to give up what they want. no way im giving up a first rounder in this years draft or someone like Skjei or Buch

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Very excited about this now. It's been blue balling to see so much elite young talent go to other teams and a lot because of winning the lottery against other teams' better odds.

It's time we get in on that.

First step is trading McDonagh. Extending him while he approaches 30 would be a huge mistake.

Give me Colin White.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
and the KZB line is really a fun line to watch but are they really a legit top line especially with inability to score 5-5 and kreider not scoring goals?

vladmyir111

Mar 27, 2007
Nash is done, he is such a non factor out there, at this point just try and get a warm body for him if a team is stupid enough to take his contract .

Which Nash are you watching he's probably the only one that's had consistent control of the puck and the ability to do something in the O zone, regardless if his shots are creampuff soft

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
Nash is done, he is such a non factor out there, at this point just try and get a warm body for him if a team is stupid enough to take his contract .
I've wished for a season now that some creative trade could be made with $$ coming back. Not sure if there is nobody at all out there to dance with but I really thought we would have seen a trade by this time. I have nothing against Nash personally, but it has been ultimately clear that there is no reason to keep him....unless you cannot get a decent return.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad