Post-Game Talk: New York Rangers at San Jose Sharks - January 25/26

Three stars vs. San Jose

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Yeah I should probably give that Skjei vote to Hayes - a even better game by him in comparison.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Once again, this proves the equation:
Overly focusing on offense + elite goaltending = AV "system"

I guess, I"m not even a huge fan of their "focus on offense". This game was pretty good but too often they seemed to be coached to be passive and try to play areas of the ice instead of forechecking aggressively, trying to force turnovers, etc. It happens to much for me to believe it's not some kind of systems thing

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Did i read in that thread that someone thinks we have a great broadcast team?

LOLZZZZ

Sam’s time has come and gone.

Joe forgets he is doing the Rangers broadcast, not the National broadcast. His commentating would make you think its the radio broadcast

Reactions: klingsor

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Can we focus on some of the positives for once unlike after every PGT?!?!
Hayes was terrific and is having a terrific season. Miller responded. With Hayes some pressure eased off of Mika (who i feel can't handle all the pressure alone of being a number 1 center).
Skjei with a decent game making couple goals happen.
Oh and ADA some terrific simple plays this game. Showing his abilities on the ice.

mrjiggyfly

Jun 1, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
Zuccarello had a decision if I remember correctly.
A. He could have dumped it in and gone for a change and let the next line continue to turtle and let the Sharks gain easy zone entry.
B. He could decide that maybe the best defense is a good offense

He chose wisely

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
With the healthy Shattenkirk we saw for the first month who was a PPG player, healthy Kreider & Hayes I still think this team can contend ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Too experienced and this year is so wide open & bizarre.
I agree except if the pens keep playing like they have been in last little while no one is beating them (maybe the Lightning if they are hot)

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I`m so happy that our defenders had a good offesnsive game. :)

Hopefully we see Lias after the break if he is good enough he should play NHL, and that`s one of the reason that Jeff Gorton drafted him. ;)

Reactions: mrjiggyfly

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
Let me ask you all a question. What is more mediocre than going 1-4 on this road trip with your only win being a 6-5 nail biter against their backup? Not to mention we’re sill 4-7 in our last 11.

Mediocrity has been the the Rangers identity for a long time. Mediocrity... and possibly the best goalie of the past 15 years. For example, Carolina is a team that people recently like to beat up on. I see a lot of “wasn’t Carolina supposed to be good?” and “so much for Carolina building on youth” posts. However, has anyone SEEN Scott Darling as a starter?! They’re barely behind us in the standings. Imagine this team with Darling in net. Last in the conference. No bullshit.

It just feels like every time this team is on the verge of a legitimate losing streak worthy of firing AV we pull out a win that takes him off of the hot seat for some reason, even though an ugly, ugly 6-5 win is nothing to be happy about. But he will be secure now, especially with the all star break, for a couple more weeks. His need to be relieved is almost undeniable at this point. I don’t give a f*** that we won one game on this trip. Dude needs to go.

We really need to face reality, sell and see where the cards fall for us. Right now, I’m not making the “tear it down and trade everyone” argument. I’m not talking about reading McD or Zucc. I’m just saying, at a minimum, get picks for Nash and Grabner, see where we finish once we’ve moved them, draft 2-3 times in the first round and come back fiercer next year. Please. At this point I can’t pretend to watch each game as a fan who thinks we’re SCF bound and doesn’t care about the future. This is THE perfect year to admit we need to restock.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Hope Mcdonagh takes Hayes out for steak dinner after putting that pass on a silver platter for him to get his first

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
With the healthy Shattenkirk we saw for the first month who was a PPG player, healthy Kreider & Hayes I still think this team can contend ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Too experienced and this year is so wide open & bizarre.

We have no real shot with AV

Even if we dominate a playoff series he'll find a way to gift wrap it to them like he did against Ottawa

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
Did i read in that thread that someone thinks we have a great broadcast team?

LOLZZZZ

Sam’s time has come and gone.

Joe forgets he is doing the Rangers broadcast, not the National broadcast. His commentating would make you think its the radio broadcast

No, what you just "read" if you want to call what you do reading, is that most of the NHL's announcing teams stink and the Rangers aren't at the bottom end of that list.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
****.. We Won...

Boooooooo!!!(yay?)Boooo!

giphy.gif

Reactions: ReggieDunlop68

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks