GDT: New York Rangers at Ottawa Senators - 7PM - SN1 - The 3rd Period Starts Now

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
Chabot and Chychrun -3 each. Can't pay both 8m.

Stuetzle needs to man the f*** up. If he wants to play princess no touch hockey, well, he needs to go back to Europe. We don't have any real hope for playoff success when our best player is constantly sent flying everytime he's touched
I remember when Brady was constantly falling down. Hopefully this is something Timmy “grows out of”. Although part of it is his speed and always being on the outer limit of what skates can do.

Reactions: Emrasie

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Chabot and Chychrun -3 each. Can't pay both 8m.

Stuetzle needs to man the f*** up. If he wants to play princess no touch hockey, well, he needs to go back to Europe. We don't have any real hope for playoff success when our best player is constantly sent flying everytime he's touched
At 8MM$ you should dominate
They both look like pedestrian

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
I really do believe that we're starting to see evidence of the first homegrown Sens fans attending on their own dime and there's a lot of them which is great.

Look at attendance. It's really responded under Andlauer

Look at anyone born +/- 5 years of the Sens joining the league. They're now about 26-36. And then look around on a sell out Saturday night. Saw a lot of young couples last night on date night I guess. Saw all kinds of guys in small groups. Even saw some small groups of just young ladies. All wearing Sens merchandise. All having a great time on a Saturday night.
I have noticed this more recently as well. During the Karlsson and even further back the Alfredsson era there were plenty of the older generations attending games. A lot less jerseys in the stands as well. As time went buy I started to see like you have mentioned a more younger crowd that is more engaged in the game. Louder, more boisterous and flaunting more merchandise than the crowds of yester years.

It's unfortunate that fans of certain teams will have a large presence at CTC but winning and time will help mitigate that as younger kids are able to poach tickets from their parents or purchase them themselves.

Having said that the CTC is one of the best playoff atmospheres in the NHL and I'm looking forward to finally getting back there. I think this young team will be shocked at how loud this barn can get. The longer the wait the sweeter it'll be.

Reactions: Duncstar and JD1

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Does it look like the substitute teacher is getting positive results, when he has a worse record than his predecessor?

Why not grab the best available teacher now, and give him a head start on “next year”?

Management can still assess and make the required moves in the off-season, and knowing now who will be the teacher is going to be in training camp and the system he employs ( for the rest of this season ) perhaps management can moves that fit into his system, by already knowing who he is and his system is now, and for the remainder of the season.

I’d say everyone is playing better under Martin and rolls are more defined for sure. Even korpisalo had 2 games were he looked decent.

Are you made because Staois didn’t hire Tochett?

Reactions: Relapsing

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Once again, if you wanted to watch last nights Sens Rangers game, on your basic or even mid tier package from Bell, you could not, unless you coughed up more scratch and subscribe to SN1.

Sure, in the Ottawa region I had the choice to watch the Habs game, or the Leafs game….. so Sportsnet still sees this market as unworthy to allow the Sens game on one of the multiple channels that were broadcasting the Habs or leafs games.

was able to find a streaming outlet to watch the game, and mirror to the big screen….

I’d say everyone is playing better under Martin and rolls are more defined for sure. Even korpisalo had 2 games were he looked decent.

Are you made because Staois didn’t hire Tochett?

When Tochett was hired, by the Canucks, in Jan. of 2023, PD was the GM of the Sens, and Staios only became GM a few weeks back?

But, there were, and still are, head coaching candidates that Staios could choose from, and get a jump start on next season, and the coaches system he will implement

Last edited:

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
So, watching the post game presser, Jacques was asked about the embellishment call, he kind of brushed it off, but suggested they probably deserved more calls, that's about as critical I can remember Jacques being of officials.

Idk how you can embellishment on Joseph there. Game felt like we were trying to beat the Rangers, the Refs and Korpisalo.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I have noticed this more recently as well. During the Karlsson and even further back the Alfredsson era there were plenty of the older generations attending games. A lot less jerseys in the stands as well. As time went buy I started to see like you have mentioned a more younger crowd that is more engaged in the game. Louder, more boisterous and flaunting more merchandise than the crowds of yester years.

It's unfortunate that fans of certain teams will have a large presence at CTC but winning and time will help mitigate that as younger kids are able to poach tickets from their parents or purchase them themselves.

Having said that the CTC is one of the best playoff atmospheres in the NHL and I'm looking forward to finally getting back there. I think this young team will be shocked at how loud this barn can get. The longer the wait the sweeter it'll be.
I think it's distinctly different from the 2017 run. That same age band was 19-29 then and probably a lot still living at home and unable to afford to go.

Really nice to see.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Having good sticks is important... No way Fox is getting that puck to Zub
1706456318866.png

Reactions: Alex1234

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
So, watching the post game presser, Jacques was asked about the embellishment call, he kind of brushed it off, but suggested they probably deserved more calls, that's about as critical I can remember Jacques being of officials.

Idk how you can embellishment on Joseph there. Game felt like we were trying to beat the Rangers, the Refs and Korpisalo.
I was at the game so no replays to benefit from.

The first nyr goal. Icing. Faceoff in our end. Rangers have possession for about a minute and score. It sure looked to me like that puck was touched over the centre line and never should have been called icing initially? Am I mistaken there?

I remember when Brady was constantly falling down. Hopefully this is something Timmy “grows out of”. Although part of it is his speed and always being on the outer limit of what skates can do.
Brady fell down a lot when he was 18. Stuetzle at 22 often seems not strong enough to play

Emrasie

Mar 13, 2019
I love Giroux but man hit the freaking net from the slot. How many one timers did he have there and Quick didn’t even need to make a save.
I would say that for Norris, shooting is supposed to be his strength and he can't shoot on goal. It's worrying.

Reactions: Duncstar

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Yeah so just revised to goals against... Sens were in a very good position, leading 2-0 but Korpisalo really gave 2 back-breaking goals to let them tie the game and then the team was back to its old habits, couldn't regroup and play like they have the last 8 games... It was bound to happen, can't expect them to play flawless hockey after 5 years of playing pond hockey

Korpi was great at the beginning of the season where the defense were leaving him out to dry but he has been bad in December/January

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Does it look like the substitute teacher is getting positive results, when he has a worse record than his predecessor?

Why not grab the best available teacher now, and give him a head start on “next year”?

Management can still assess and make the required moves in the off-season, and knowing now who will be the teacher is going to be in training camp and the system he employs ( for the rest of this season ) perhaps management can moves that fit into his system, by already knowing who he is and his system is now, and for the remainder of the season.
You keep repeating this. The guy they want may not even be available and you just want them to get "the best available"?!?! You could just be insisting they settle on an option they don't actually want. No guarantee the one they want is available before the summer and they may also want to get a look at if any guys like Cooper or Sullivan are made available.

They seemed to indicate they had some interest in Roy, but obviously want a thorough process. It's great they aren't rushing this, or just accepting their lower tier options from availability. There's no guarantee putting the coach in place this year pays any dividends next year.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Hot take - you trade Chychrun for Tanev right now (provided Tanev comes with a reasonable extension) and we are a much better team right away. Chychrun is a freaking disaster in his own end and always will be with his lack of hockey sense, while Tanev is everything we need - tough, gritty, absolutely great defensively, right shot, and a leader on and off the ice. Yes, we are giving away some years, and Chychrun looks good getting off the bus, but this young core needs a veteran presence exactly like Tanev. My seats are in the corner in our end for two periods, so every second home game I get to watch Chychrun for two periods blindly giving the puck away in our end. It's so painful...

Reactions: Duncstar and DrEasy

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
They're been playing better. Playing right.

They got crushed this game. That happens, even to the best teams from time to time.

It will be interesting to see how they respond in the next game. Will they shake it off and get back to basics? Or will they be shaken and play like dogshit again?

Should be telling.

Starting to get quite concerned about the mental toughness of key pieces of this core.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
There's no guarantee putting the coach in place this year pays any dividends next year.

There is no guarantee that putting in an interim, and then a new coach next training camp, with a new system/culture/approach than the interim … pays any dividends next year.

We’ve seen the benefits of having a new head coach put in place last season, in Vancouver.

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
When was the last time a goalie outright stole a game for us? Hasek?

Anderson, Condon, Hamburglar, hell even guys like Sogaard, Daccord stole a game or two.
You don't need a goalie to steal you games as much as you need a team who plays consistently well.
We don't have that...yet.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
There is no guarantee that putting in an interim, and then a new coach next training camp, with a new system/culture/approach than the interim … pays any dividends next year.

We’ve seen the benefits of having a new head coach put in place last season, in Vancouver.
Of course. But no gaurantee it doesnt either. This is a very normal course of action for NHL teams.

And really, just like the one situation in Vancouver that can be used as an example for the route you suggest, it may have gone just as well for them had they hired him in the summer. The results arent necessarily proof it was even a factor.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad