GDT: New York Rangers at Ottawa Senators - 7PM - SN1 - The 3rd Period Starts Now

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
1706370598272.png

On the second night of a back-to-back after falling to the Vegas Golden Knights last night at Madison Square Garden, the Rangers look to get back in the win column tonight. The Metropolitan division leaders have taken a step back of late with only seven points in their last ten games. That being said, it's no accident that this team finds itself in the top-ten in the league and top-three in the Eastern Conference.

Led by Artemi Panarin who paces the team in goals (29), assists (34) and points (63) this Rangers team can surely put up points. However, their real strength has been their defensive efforts, anchored by Igor Shesterkin and Jonathan Quick allowing just 2.88 goals per game, 10th best in the NHL. With Shesterkin getting the start last night against Vegas, presumably it will be Quick minding net tonight who boasts a line of 2.46 goals against with a 0.913% save percentage on the season. No small task for the Senators that's for sure.

By the numbers

Last 10​

Senators 4-4-2
Rangers 3-6-1

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Hey, no excuses tonight:

- Rangers played last night at home. They would have finally been in their hotel rooms about 4 am

- We will get Jonathan Quick tonight, not Shesterkin

- Trouba is having a hearing today for an elbow he threw last night, meaning he is almost certain to be suspended for tonight

Might we actually be (gasp) a slight favourite tonight?

I'll be lining up early for my Brady bobble head. Go Sens Go!

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Hey, no excuses tonight:

- Rangers played last night at home. They would have finally been in their hotel rooms about 4 am

- We will get Jonathan Quick tonight, not Shesterkin

- Trouba is having a hearing today for an elbow he threw last night, meaning he is almost certain to be suspended for tonight

Might we actually be (gasp) a slight favourite tonight?

I'll be lining up early for my Brady bobble head. Go Sens Go!

Ottawa traditionally has played well vs the Rangers, , so thinking this could be competitive

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Looking to be close to a sellout from seats left on Ticketmaster.

Will be there early to make sure we get a bobblehead too.

GST line back together and that Greig Pinto Bath line could be interesting.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Korpi starter end
No Chychrun for morning skate
Chabot with Alfie lol

Line this morning
7-18-28
21-9-91
71-57-19
27-48-12
I like it. Especially that 3rd line. The 2nd line is looking a lot like the 3rd line earlier when they were running 21-71-91

Hoping for a big game out of Greig-Pinto-Bath.

18 instead of 9 with T7 and G we saw a bit of last game and there was an uptick.

Lots of juggling.

No Chychrun at gds.. But we finally have that coveted top 4 RD.

#FakeNews

Last edited:

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Please settle this for me (debating with the gf/wife): is leaving home (downtown) at 6pm cutting it too close to make it to the game on time?

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
Please settle this for me (debating with the gf/wife): is leaving home (downtown) at 6pm cutting it too close to make it to the game on time?
I normally leave Westboro an hour before scheduled game time and almost always parked and in seats before puck drop. Actually, always. Sometimes time to get snacks, sometimes not.

It’s date night, I’ll be there with my wife in section 115. GSG!

Reactions: DrEasy

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Saturday games are easier as you don't have the usual rush hour.

That said, it is sold out so lots of people going, but you should be fine.

Reactions: DrEasy

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
I normally leave Westboro an hour before scheduled game time and almost always parked and in seats before puck drop. Actually, always. Sometimes time to get snacks, sometimes not.

It’s date night, I’ll be there with my wife in section 115. GSG!

Possibly

But why stress about it? Leave at 5:30, get there a bit early, find an easy to exit from parking spot, and enjoy a beer before the game. Stress free.

Saturday games are easier as you don't have the usual rush hour.

That said, it is sold out so lots of people going, but you should be fine.
Thanks, everyone! In the spirit of compromise I shall be leaving at 5:45pm. :D

Relapsing

Jul 3, 2018
Every game is a test for this group moving forward, and I'm excited to see how they rise to the ocassion!

Ottawa traditionally has played well vs the Rangers, , so thinking this could be competitive
Oh so you're gonna watch games now? It's because JM has them winning, admit it

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Debating with the girlfriend and the wife at the same time could be dangerous. Just saying. 😆

Short answer is yes, that might be cutting it too close. Traffic is going to be heavy because it is a sellout, and every minute past 6:30 pm the traffic gets heavier. Earlier the better for leaving...

Senovision

May 23, 2011
Brady 16 points in his last 16 games. Pretty good production.
Last 2 games 0 points....that happens from time to time.
He is not going to get nor was he expected to be an 80 point player every year. I would say last year his 83 points was a super season for points for him.
Most hockey experts/scouts etc.....think he is a 60 to 80 point player.
Too bad I am not in Ottawa I would love a Brady bobblehead!
Go Sens!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad