Status
Not open for further replies.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
I'm sorry, how long have you been on these boards? :sarcasm:

LoL.

I've seen it more lately among non-beatified† players. I certainly recall less defense and revisionism for bottom 6 and short term Rangers.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I sincerely doubt there were threads that needed to reach part V reimagining the role of Sergei Nemchinov during his prime.

†beatified players being Leetch, Richter, Messier, Lundqvist

Kaapo di tutti capi

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
LoL.

I've seen it more lately among non-beatified† players. I certainly recall less defense and revisionism for bottom 6 and short term Rangers.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I sincerely doubt there were threads that needed to reach part V reimagining the role of Sergei Nemchinov during his prime.

†beatified players being Leetch, Richter, Messier, Lundqvist

I wasn't on these boards during the '94 cup run, but I have no doubt about the veracity of your statement. Personally, I'm here for entertainment and pretty much every post I make should have the little sarcasm/irony emoji after it. I don't take any of it all that seriously. I'm a die hard Rangers fan, but ultimately it's entertainment - the games, the posts on these boards - it's all entertainment and when it's not all that entertaining, I don't let it ruin my day. Not saying AT ALL that you let it ruin yours - just saying that I take most postings with a healthy dose of humor (unless I've had too much to drink - then I get combative and defensive - but that's booze for 'ya).

Reactions: ReggieDunlop68

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
I wasn't on these boards during the '94 cup run, but I have no doubt about the veracity of your statement. Personally, I'm here for entertainment and pretty much every post I make should have the little sarcasm/irony emoji after it. I don't take any of it all that seriously. I'm a die hard Rangers fan, but ultimately it's entertainment - the games, the posts on these boards - it's all entertainment and when it's not all that entertaining, I don't let it ruin my day. Not saying AT ALL that you let it ruin yours - just saying that I take most postings with a healthy dose of humor (unless I've had too much to drink - then I get combative and defensive - but that's booze for 'ya).

I get you.

I follow up posts sometimes trying to explain that although I quoted a particular poster [in this case you, @NYR1967 ], it doesn't necessarily mean I fully objected their point. Rather, I felt their point was a good discussion lead.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I will take the posts telling me it's a bad hot take, just as I did the last time I wrote it, ADA is a more involved defensive player than Shattenkirk.

That is not to say ADA is a good defensive player, or will not make just as many errors, but he actively tries to play defense with a purpose although his reads, both the play in question and game situation, are often very questionable.
But that doesn't coincide with AV's defensive system. Oh wait, does he have one?

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
No. I'm not saying he won't, or that I'm even angry at him.

I am pulling for him.

I'm saying that there is a consensus that he's had interpersonal issues with team mates that have kept him out of lineups.

But there is this new thing on these boards where people cant accept fact, and then still root for the person.

Like pretending he didn't have these issues is going to make him stick in the lineup?

Look at the day and age we live in. Plenty of high performing people in "real jobs" get fired all the time because of comments which were commonplace less than 20 years ago.

Who knows what ADA said. I don't really care. I'm not PC. If the kid can play, he's on my team. Too many people in all facets of life these days walk around on eggshells, afraid of offending a shadow, including people in sports.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Staal has been good compared to last year. Compared to other measurables, idk. He still shouldn’t be allowed into the offensive zone. Just kills plays. The juice ain’t worth the squeeze for him to try offense

Yes, in fact, there may not be a more offensively inept blueliner in the entire league at this stage. It's truly amazing to look back at some years where Staal-Girardi was the blue line of the second powerplay unit.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I honestly haven't met many 22 year olds (myself included) that weren't complete ****ing morons. Maybe he'll pan out, maybe he won't. He clearly has skills and I'm pulling for him - we'll just have to wait and see.
You've just met . I wasn't a moron..I've never done drugs alcohol or cigs...I've never said anything racist or what not and the only fight I've ever been in was when I was jumped for being a brown guy in the tri state area after 9/11.

Nice to meet you.

Reactions: NYR1967

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Look at the day and age we live in. Plenty of high performing people in "real jobs" get fired all the time because of comments which were commonplace less than 20 years ago.

Who knows what ADA said. I don't really care. I'm not PC. If the kid can play, he's on my team. Too many people in all facets of life these days walk around on eggshells, afraid of offending a shadow, including people in sports.

Your attitude reminds me of something manager Billy Martin once said. He was asked about a player in his lineup who was of questionable character. He responded with something like "If Adolph Hitler could play 2nd base, I'd put him in".

I always thought Martin was a total asshole. That comment was merely more confirmation.

People who long for the "good old days" when you could more easily be an asshole are not worth having around, no matter what skills they might have.

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017

Please don’t say this. It’s common sense. We don’t work that way any more you’re triggering me.

Just messing with you man. Your post came straight from my head it seems like

Reactions: NCRanger

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
Your attitude reminds me of something manager Billy Martin once said. He was asked about a player in his lineup who was of questionable character. He responded with something like "If Adolph Hitler could play 2nd base, I'd put him in".

I always thought Martin was a total *******. That comment was merely more confirmation.

People who long for the "good old days" when you could more easily be an ******* are not worth having around, no matter what skills they might have.

And because of this attitude we have the vanilla soft team and coach we are currently watching. You’re out of your mind

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.

I'm saying he was let go more to do with being abrasive with team mates, and it had less to do with people being too politically correct.

Note: I'm not denying that über PC isn't a huge issue in society

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
And because of this attitude we have the vanilla soft team and coach we are currently watching. You’re out of your mind

Your attempt to connect your social and political views into how a hockey team is performing paints you as the one who is out of his mind.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Thank you so much for posting these Beacon. No idea who Crack is supposed to be, but other than that, it sounds like Pionk was great (Chytil too)

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Can we not pretend that every non-PC statement/joke or even purposefully offensive comment you make in the middle of a fight is the same as the Holocaust/Hitler? I'm pretty sure Eli Wiesel did not write books complaining, "they kept making Jewish jokes, so many Jewish jokes, all day I had to listen to Jewish jokes as I unsuccessfully tried to relax on the beach."

The comparison of ADA's comment to Hitler is totally out of place. Stick and stones (and gas chambers) may break bones, but words do not actually hurt.

Reactions: NCRanger

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Can we not pretend that every non-PC statement/joke or even purposefully offensive comment you make in the middle of a fight is the same as the Holocaust/Hitler? I'm pretty sure Eli Wiesel did not write books complaining, "they kept making Jewish jokes, so many Jewish jokes, all day I had to listen to Jewish jokes as I unsuccessfully tried to relax on the beach."

The comparison of ADA's comment to Hitler is totally out of place. Stick and stones (and gas chambers) may break bones, but words do not actually hurt.

Once outside issues are brought into a discussion, they become fair game for responses.

The reference to the Billy Martin quote wasn't to inject Hitler, it was to point out that some people are aholes and always will be aholes. To say that some of us are too sensitive because others are unhappy that it is less appropriate to now be an ahole, misses the point of there is never a good time to be an ahole.

Most importantly, the notion that the Rangers are not good because of what someone perceives as PC behavior is without rational thought. To say it is anything but moronic, would be lying, and it's always a good thing to push back against idiocy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad