Post-Game Talk: New York Rangers at Anaheim Ducks - January 23/24

Status
Not open for further replies.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
It's amazing watching ADA's puck handling and skating ability. Something this team has sorely lacked is a defenseman who can escape forecheck pressure, make tape to tape passes coming out of his end, and in the offensive zone, keep plays alive with his feet instead of feeling some pressure and either throwing the puck away. Nice to watch him get better and better.
What I've also been noticing is not only how quick he makes decisions, but how he fully commits to those decisions. If he sees an open man or a shooting lane, the puck is gone.

I'm tempted to find a replay of this game and put together a quick highlight reel for him, but I don't know how to edit video or anything.

Reactions: will1066

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
What I've also been noticing is not only how quick he makes decisions, but how he fully commits to those decisions. If he sees an open man or a shooting lane, the puck is gone.

I'm tempted to find a replay of this game and put together a quick highlight reel for him, but I don't know how to edit video or anything.

He has been extremely quick moving the puck. And usually making the right decision too. Right decisions + tremendous speed = gold.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
He and a healthy shattenkirk should be a really good 1 2 punch on the right side if we let them do their thing

Amen to this.

McDonagh-Shattenkirk
Skjei-DeAngelo
Staal-Smith

That's actually a nice top 4 and good defensive depth for PK and injuries.

Thinking about it, I think this is why Gorton bought out Girardi. Girardi was strictly a bottom pairing defenseman. He's having a good year on one of the best teams in the league, but that doesn't say much about his play altogether. he's not a good injury fill in for the top 4. He's a #5 Defenseman at best.

ANyways back to the matters at hand. A Healthy Shattenkirk, developing DeAngelo, and a out-of-the-sophomore-slump Skjei make for a really nice top 4 next season.

Would love to see Gorton sell at the deadline. Nash is scoring again which is huge. Like @RangerBoy said--Fatten the goose and then sell it at the deadline.

Nash is going to be worth a 1st round pick just on pedigree alone. If he continues to score at a .6PPG pace AND NYR retains his salary 50%, he'll be worth a 1st, near-ready prospect, and a replacement top 9 roster player.

Grabner has scored 20 goals. He should be worth a 1st rounder. I would like to resign him in the offseason

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Moving Stepan, while remains to be seen how LA and ADA pan out, has been severely detrimental to this team. Terrible leadership in the lockerroom. Terrible center depth. Just all around bad.
I totally agree. The move of Stepan and Girardi has killed this team. These guys were both vocal leaders on this team. Remember I don’t believe either player ever missed the playoffs. Jeff Gordon should be on the hook for these two awful moves.
This same stuff has been going on for a season or three and Stepan was frequently persona non grata. Giardi was a cone and a detriment more often than not. Stepan's current team is one of the worst in the league. I don't think this has anything to do with Stepan or Girardi.

The top players are older, the chemistry is shot and the coach is a bag of shit.

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I didn't question why the Rangers wanted him. The question is why two NHL franchises have moved him before he was 22.

I think people are reading too much into it. A good young, offensive minded defenseman is a very good trading chip since they are always in demand. Especially a right handed shot. Team's wants and needs change.

Reijo29

Feb 8, 2015
ADA has always been a talented player.

AV banished him to hartford as he does with many young players.

ask Nucks fan about that.

no room here for a kid like ADA. must play holden and staal at all cost.
Why do people mention Staal? He’s played great. Do some of you watch the games or just have a preconceived opinion?

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
Why do people mention Staal? He’s played great. Do some of you watch the games or just have a preconceived opinion?
Staal has been good compared to last year. Compared to other measurables, idk. He still shouldn’t be allowed into the offensive zone. Just kills plays. The juice ain’t worth the squeeze for him to try offense

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
I read that, too. I think that happened with Arizona. Any incidents with TB?
A lot of young kids, especially from tough areas like Philly say stupid things when they are teenagers. Shoot look what some people (me included) say on here. ADA has a chip on his shoulder, attitude, cockiness and skill to back it up. He’s only 22. We’re gonna love this kid

Reactions: Vinny DeAngelo

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
A lot of young kids, especially from tough areas like Philly say stupid things when they are teenagers. Shoot look what some people (me included) say on here. ADA has a chip on his shoulder, attitude, cockiness and skill to back it up. He’s only 22. We’re gonna love this kid

We hope he can back it up. Whether he can remains a maybe, so far.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
I didn't question why the Rangers wanted him. The question is why two NHL franchises have moved him before he was 22.

Red flags, but people will keep debating reality.

Now that doesn't mean he won't pan out. In fact, I hope he will because it would be huge steal that would greatly help the team.

Kaapo di tutti capi

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
Red flags, but people will keep debating reality.

Now that doesn't mean he won't pan out. In fact, I hope he will because it would be huge steal that would greatly help the team.

I honestly haven't met many 22 year olds (myself included) that weren't complete ****ing morons. Maybe he'll pan out, maybe he won't. He clearly has skills and I'm pulling for him - we'll just have to wait and see.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
I honestly haven't met many 22 year olds (myself included) that weren't complete ****ing morons. Maybe he'll pan out, maybe he won't. He clearly has skills and I'm pulling for him - we'll just have to wait and see.

No. I'm not saying he won't, or that I'm even angry at him.

I am pulling for him.

I'm saying that there is a consensus that he's had interpersonal issues with team mates that have kept him out of lineups.

But there is this new thing on these boards where people cant accept fact, and then still root for the person.

Like pretending he didn't have these issues is going to make him stick in the lineup?

Reactions: NYR1967

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
This wasn't at you or anyone specific, but I see it a lot now.

A player could be playing like shit / not scored in a long time /look injured/ yet still done good things in the past or will in the future.

But if you say X player isn't scoring, people start defending or reimagining the non scoring

Player Y was literally traded with high upside because of interpersonal issue red flags, well maybe it was blah blah blah...

Kaapo di tutti capi

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
No. I'm not saying he won't, or that I'm even angry at him.

I am pulling for him.

I'm saying that there is a consensus that he's had interpersonal issues with team mates that have kept him out of lineups.

But there is this new thing on these boards where people cant accept fact, and then still root for the person.

Like pretending he didn't have these issues is going to make him stick in the lineup?

I'm sorry, how long have you been on these boards? :sarcasm:

Reactions: ReggieDunlop68
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad