"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
giphy.gif

Everyone right now.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
What'd I say after the LA game?

Once Hank goes back to a .92% goalie, we'll start letting in 4 goals a game. I also said we could feasible lose every game on this road trip.

Multiple top 6 and top 4 players out with injuries, 2 of those guys long term injuries.

This team is cooked. Sell, sell, sell, fire AV, then let Ruff finish out the year. If they sneak into the playoffs then cool, but it should not be expected

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
This team sucks right now.

Doesn’t help that the coach doesn’t put their best foot forward. Sure JT had some bad giveaways, but does that mean you sit him all game? Peter Holland our there down 2 late with goalie pulled? Come on.

Team down 2 the whole third period and barely any push. A few random chances but no push.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Since January 1st the rangers are 4-7, and two of those wins are in a shootout, and the regulation wins are against buffalo (who blows) and Philly (who has awful goaltending and this system feasts on that).

This team is finished. Pile on the loses, every ufa needs to be sold

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I know JT had a bad game 4:55 TOI, but what is the point to bench one of the few players who can play physical on this team, because of the one mistake on their second pp unit in end of 1st period. And AV keep benching young players for mistakes like they are going to learn anything. It`s much as AV loss as the whole team loss.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
AV refusing to bench a player.

OMG how much of a leash can one player get? Fire AV.

AV benches a player for playing like crap.

OMG what is wrong with AV. Fire AV.

Never change HF.

Miller needed to be benched, it took him 5 months to do it.

Vesey needed to be benched for the first 3-4 months of the season, AV never benched him

There is no accountability here. It's a modified version of accountability that favors bottom 6 utility players that have intangibles... Because that's exactly what AV thinks of himself

Reactions: Rangers_23

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
This team sucks right now.

Doesn’t help that the coach doesn’t put their best foot forward. Sure JT had some bad giveaways, but does that mean you sit him all game? Peter Holland our there down 2 late with goalie pulled? Come on.

Team down 2 the whole third period and barely any push. A few random chances but no push.

This has always intrigued me with the whole benching and accountability thing; at what point has the lesson been learned and prolonging it just hurts the team?
I didn't see the game, but obviously Miller was somewhere between terrible and an abomination; but was sitting him for the whole game the right choice? What about if he missed a few shifts (or even the rest of the 1st) so that the message of 'not good enough' sunk in, and then you tear strips off him during intermission. Wouldn't it be better to give him a few shifts in the 2nd to see if he wants to atone for his mistakes? If he's still crap you can bench him again, but sitting on your arse for 40+ minutes just seems like some weird overkill, and it takes away a player so you are playing short.
Either that or scratch him for the next game so the lesson is still received but you can still play with 12 forwards. Benching anyone for a whole game just seems like a really poor strategy overall

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
My point this coach just hurt the team chance to tied the game in the 3rd since JT has 29 pts on this team, but he is garbage as center.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Also the shot in goal count is a prime example of the garbage perimeter shots that this team takes.

This team doesn't usually do that though, so I want to believe that AV doesn't know what to do at this point

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Miller needed to be benched, it took him 5 months to do it.

Vesey needed to be benched for the first 3-4 months of the season, AV never benched him

There is no accountability here. It's a modified version of accountability that favors bottom 6 utility players that have intangibles... Because that's exactly what AV thinks of himself

What's funny is that after finally benching Miller that people are calling him out in it.

Reactions: bl02
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad