Post-Game Talk: New York Rangers at Anaheim Ducks - January 23/24

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
Living in CA, having grown up with seats at MSG, now following the Ducks, I consider myself a fan of both.

I can't believe what I saw in the Rangers tonight, especially how they laid down late in third

Reactions: TheTakedown

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Moving Stepan, while remains to be seen how LA and ADA pan out, has been severely detrimental to this team. Terrible leadership in the lockerroom. Terrible center depth. Just all around bad.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
And benching players will help the opposition team, Anaheim said thank you easy 2 pts - they should play through their mistakes which is my point. JT at wing in two periods instead could be the different to tie the game, but we will never know.

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
And benching players will help the opposition team, Anaheim said thank you easy 2 pts - they should play through their mistakes which is my point. JT at wing in two periods instead could be the different to tie the game, but we will never know.
Miller's been making the same mistakes for over 40 games now.He deserved this benching.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
Moving Stepan, while remains to be seen how LA and ADA pan out, has been severely detrimental to this team. Terrible leadership in the lockerroom. Terrible center depth. Just all around bad.

This all day..Err...Night long

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Miller's been making the same mistakes for over 40 games now.He deserved this benching.
Yup in the long term can only help. In the short term (tonights game) we weren't winning with JT playing the entire game in fact the way he was playing i would say addition by subtraction

Reactions: mrmovies779

culex

Oct 23, 2016
I don't feel too badly about that win - not too sure why. I think the breaking point for me was that Kings game and that a part of me has accepted this team won't be too great (whether because of coaching, injuries, lack of depth, whatever). At this point, I only hope that management can strategically move forward. I don't know what the plan is but I would hope the first "baby step" in this process is look to move the UFA at the very least.

Two things I wonder about thought:

- I wonder why we seemingly shit the bed after the first period every single time. Since the bye week, we've done reasonably well (or alright) in the first period; this was the case for the Isles, Penguins, Avs, Kings, Ducks. But every single time we come out for the second, shit just completely hits the fan. Is this because of teams adjusting THAT quickly? We've faced a mix of teams hear (Metro, Central, Pacific) and...yeah, I just find it very strange.

- Any thoughts on benching J.T. Miller and maybe even Vesey? I know J.T. had that egregious turnover that led to the penalty, however, it's not like he cost us the game either. I think it was on that PK we let Perry waltz in after a poor line change. I dunno. At the same time, with how the games have been going, maybe it doesn't even matter, sadly.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Benching Miller and Vesey doesn't solve much. It would have been bitter medicine some months ago but even then you'd hope for some turn around as a team or as players but there's just not enough of that this season. Not enough hope and belief and positive vibes.

The Avs ran on positivity after the Duchene trade and the whole team got a big lift. We're the opposite of that.

hella rights

Oct 9, 2006
Agreed that AV needed to send Miller (and Vesey) a message, but at the same time the benchings were also like cutting off your nose to spite your face. Wonder if the benchings were for more than just dumb lazy plays, maybe attitude problems?

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
There's no consistency in AV's benching's. Miller gets it, Buchnevich gets it, but AV's vets never seem to get benched.

Ice time distribution was a problem in this game.

Bad hockey team, and very unlikeable, in my opinion.
He made Smith a healthy scratch numerous games.That shoots down your conspiracy theory.He's also benched him mid game too.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Zucc bleeding for this team...literally

It also really sucks to see McD disappointed. He really tries his best and he carries the Captaincy with a lot of pride and sense of responsibility.

Reactions: bl02

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Anyway, we know if the pens make the playoffs whos winning the cup again .
This next month may go a long way in determining the direction and health of this franchise. If Gorton is able to sell for full value or more on DD, Nash, Grabs, Holden and even Mcdonagh it could be a decent future to look forward to. It won't be easy to get full value and if this team is close to a playoff spot who knows if he will be allowed to make such drastic moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad