Rumor: New Third Jersey

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
These are similar to Darkhorse’s mockups.Either of these would be fine with me for the 3rd jerseys. Love the NY. View attachment 133449 View attachment 133451
1. Don't like it
2. I'm sort of baffled bc this is definitely what we've expected for the third jersey but they have a kids team using them before they've been officially announced?
3. Not a fan of the sanitized logo at all, wish they would go in a different direction

Donnico1

Jul 23, 2006
I learned something today :)

Yes, and as New York City and Long Island were originally a dutch colony, blue orange and white are in the colors of both New York City and Nassau County. Suffolk fell under English possession (New England) much earlier than western Long Island or NYC, and the border between the two competing colonies ran right down what is today the Nassau- Suffolk border. Oddly, Nassau as an entity didn't exist until the end of the 19th century. All of Nassau was initially part of Queens County. When they split apart and Queens became incorporated into greater New York City, Nassau was given its name as a tribute to the original dutch colonization of this part of the world.

Soooo... Thats why The Knicks, Mets, and Isles wear Orange, Blue and White.

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
IMO, just do the current jerseys but orange as the base. Keep it simple. No alternate logo, no extra striping or piping. No incorporating colors that don't belong (BLACK). Worked for the Oilers.

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
It's not just a logo, it's branding - and it's bad.

I happen to work in the field, so while I wouldn't say I'm "worked up" I do see it as an unfortunate mistake that shouldn't be repeated.
it exists, it will always be associated with the islanders, better to embrace it

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Blue and orange is one of the best color combinations since they're complimentary colors. Same with purple and yellow (if done correctly like LSU)
I probably overstated things, although I did qualify it by saying the bright orange was the issue and should only be used as a trim color. Maybe a predominantly orange jersey would work, but they'd have to really get it right re: the overall design, trim colors, etc.. I've just never seen it with the Isles other than their current/traditional home and away jerseys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad