Rumor: New Third Jersey

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Seems as good a time as any to start talking about our new third jersey for next season. I believe every team will be getting them and this is our insight so far. Orange jersey, blue shoulders, NY logo from the black jerseys in Brooklyn.

What do you guys think of that idea?

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
Seems as good a time as any to start talking about our new third jersey for next season. I believe every team will be getting them and this is our insight so far. Orange jersey, blue shoulders, NY logo from the black jerseys in Brooklyn.

What do you guys think of that idea?

Make the NY a little smaller than the blacks, put a minimalist circle; Or maybe, an oval around it similar to the TB lightning? Overall it should be similar in size to the traditional Isles logo.

Either way, LL will try to get rid of the thirds. It’s part of Lou rules.

Last edited:

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Make the NY a little smaller than the blacks, put a minimalist circle; Or maybe, an oval around it similar to the TB lightning? Overal it should be similar in size to the traditional Isles logo.

Either way, LL will try to get rid of the thirds. It’s part of Lou rules.

The NHL is mandating all teams have them, I think.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Blue shoulders sound weird. I like the orange main color idea and the NY from the black jersey doesn't bother me. Just really can't picture the blue shoulders.

Guess it would be similar to what the Oilers already did?
thumb.aspx

Guess we'll see.

Instant

Feb 20, 2018

I liked that logo. Clean, minimalistic, modern. Though I'm with @LeapOnOver, this sounds to me like an Oilers jersey.

NC 1972

Dec 8, 2017
Who gives a rat's a-- about a third jersey get Heckle & Jeckle out of here higher a GM and lets get this thing turned around!

Reactions: Darth Bangkok

IslandersFan17

Jun 8, 2011
Long Island
I just want one thats not going to be mocked religiously. Pretty much all of our third jerseys have been nightmares.

Apparently only a third of the teams are confirmed to be having a third jersey at this point.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
As long as it’s not the fisherman making a comeback I’m okay with whatever they roll out.

buud

Ping Pong Predator
Oct 3, 2017
43N -79
i like the orange idea, and we will have to see about the crest. i would like just the NY lettering (no circle like the Oilers, or any other additions), but wouldn't mind some kinda funky lettering. something a bit different. maybe like a weathered brick?

Last edited:

DarkHorse2

Feb 27, 2002
I like it - bottom sleeves should be blue with smaller/less bands at the elbow.

I based it on the current Adidas system, which has this format. I figured they weren't going to change that too dramatically in year two. Also they will likely have blue gloves.

buud

Ping Pong Predator
Oct 3, 2017
43N -79
i wonder what it would look like if the stripes (rings) were thinner, maybe even have them representing the number of cups we've won. two on each sleeve, and when we win more cups, we add stripes (rings). maybe make the stripes black?

SI

Feb 16, 2013
I based it on the current Adidas system, which has this format. I figured they weren't going to change that too dramatically in year two. Also they will likely have blue gloves.
True.

I do like it.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Since they're doing away with the 3rd jersey with the official colors of Brooklyn, I assume these will only be worn for the LI games?

:sarcasm:

Reactions: SI

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad