Rumor: New Third Jersey

LAIslanderFan

Nov 18, 2010
Los Angeles, CA & Surprise, AZ
Would anyone else be cool with this jersey? I think for special occasions I'd like this: I actually likes the white version of these jerseys.
The color scheme was different then anyone else. Although I hated the fisherman logo when it was first introduced, it's kind of grown on my over the years and I even purchased an Islanders hat with the fisherman logo on it. Wouldn't mind seeing the fisherman logo as a shoulder patch.

f13c3ee591237ed1.jpg

BarzyClub

Jan 17, 2018
These are similar to Darkhorse’s mockups.Either of these would be fine with me for the 3rd jerseys. Love the NY.
D4988A9D-D4E0-401D-8EEC-69C0A430BA82.jpeg
EDD7EE13-B4B8-433A-BDAA-7984FCEEE012.jpeg

BarzyClub

Jan 17, 2018

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014

I don't know why but i'm pretty sure i've seen this in the kids section in Marshalls on the clearance rack with a different logo. Honestly, orange looks way too bright. Someone designed this on reddit and i'm a huge fan actually.

Attachments

• 95blk1jaelb11.jpg
    95blk1jaelb11.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 1,028

Surfrat

Feb 16, 2013
NJ
I don't know why but i'm pretty sure i've seen this in the kids section in Marshalls on the clearance rack with a different logo. Honestly, orange looks way too bright. Someone designed this on reddit and i'm a huge fan actually.

That fisherman jersey is cool. I would buy it.

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
I dont like the wavy lines

I would love our regular jerseys and logo with teal instead of royal blue

LordNeverLose

Jul 2, 2015
Picking a fight
Dirty little secret no one ever seems to mention: the Isles' Royal/White/Bright Orange color scheme is kind of an ugly combo. We're fortunate that their home and away jerseys are actually nice, but all the other jerseys have been pretty hideous except for maybe this one (probably just because the orange was minimized - the orange is the problem and should not be emphasized, although even on this jersey they just HAD to go overboard with the silver around the NY):

Islanders-Stadium-Series-Jersey-2014.png

If they HAVE to do a 3rd jersey, I'd like to see them use their colors but alter the hues a bit. Maybe something like a softer, muted light orange stripe at the bottom to represent sand, with the main body of the jersey being a softer blue (water) and white-ish at the top (sky/whitecaps). You know, like the beach. Maybe on the sleeves have a band of thin white/orange/blue/white stripes. And call it a day. Just not busy for Pete's sake.
Blue and orange is one of the best color combinations since they're complimentary colors. Same with purple and yellow (if done correctly like LSU)

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
Royal blue and orange are the colors of the House of Orange-Nassau (the royal family of Holland), the Netherlands, and the Dutch East India Company.

Reactions: Thrasymachus

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2