OT: New OT Bread

DuckDuckGetz

Nov 20, 2017
Winter's gonna be wild. The ocean stored ~5C more heat than most other years (up until now anyway). We'll either have absolutely no snow whatsoever anywhere or we'll get ENORMOUS amounts of it once temperatures drop below freezing and the air decides it doesn't want to hold all the moisture anymore.
Bring on the rain! Spread out in moderate amounts over many days!

TesseracT

Go Ducks! Go Huskies!
May 29, 2011
Knoxville, TN
Anybody know if ESPN+ allows you to replay games? My work schedule doesn't allow me to watch games live. I drive a truck OTR so even just a replay of the radio broadcast would work since I can't actually *watch* games while driving, obviously.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
Anybody know if ESPN+ allows you to replay games? My work schedule doesn't allow me to watch games live. I drive a truck OTR so even just a replay of the radio broadcast would work since I can't actually *watch* games while driving, obviously.

I believe that you can, but for only a certain amount of time. There’s a section called like “event replays” where the game should be.

Reactions: TesseracT

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Duck Duck Go is your friend
Wow, you're a game changer. Looks good. It was either a solution or quitting HFB, it's unusable on Chrome in EU. I hope they still fox it tho, it's not a privacy issue, same popups are clickable elsewhere

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
In the hospital at UCI recovering from kidney cancer surgery. At least I have had a lot to read about the Ducks playing a good game. That is a great way to pass the time. Much better than last year. Thanks to all the comments to help me pass the time.
Sorry to hear. Hoping you have a speedy recovery and the Ducks continue to win to aid in the healing!

Reactions: la patineuse

la patineuse

Aug 21, 2010
In the hospital at UCI recovering from kidney cancer surgery. At least I have had a lot to read about the Ducks playing a good game. That is a great way to pass the time. Much better than last year. Thanks to all the comments to help me pass the time.

All the best to you for a strong recovery.

Reactions: duckaroosky

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Duck Duck Go is your friend
Now HF asks to take them off the adblockers. I'd have no problem doing it normally but I cannot as I'm sure it would return the annoying popup again. The issue is that privacy popup is dysfunctional, you cannot click it away.

Bender66

Send in the clowns
Oct 4, 2008
SoCal
Seems like after every page load you have to click the prompt asking you to disable any adblocker with this. At least clicking on it let's you go ahead though.
I use duck duck go on my pixel6a and don't get any prompts ...

On pc i use chrome but with:
  1. Adblock plus disabled - this gets rid of the prompt that comes up on every thread (seems like hfboards specifically checks for adblock plus type blockers)
  2. I keep ublock origin on (avgs between 7 and 10 blocked per thread)
  3. I keep scriptsafe on, and trust just the hfboards.com and mandatory.com scripts only
I don't get any prompts or popups this way

Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
I use duck duck go on my pixel6a and don't get any prompts ...

On pc i use chrome but with:
  1. Adblock plus disabled - this gets rid of the prompt that comes up on every thread (seems like hfboards specifically checks for adblock plus type blockers)
  2. I keep ublock origin on (avgs between 7 and 10 blocked per thread)
  3. I keep scriptsafe on, and trust just the hfboards.com and mandatory.com scripts only
I don't get any prompts or popups this way
Interesting, I've got the same phone as you. On desktop I'm golden but on mobile with the DuckDuckGo browser it detected that I was using adblocker and complained about it after every page load. Maybe there's a setting somewhere that could help

Bender66

Send in the clowns
Oct 4, 2008
SoCal
Interesting, I've got the same phone as you. On desktop I'm golden but on mobile with the DuckDuckGo browser it detected that I was using adblocker and complained about it after every page load. Maybe there's a setting somewhere that could help
Weird. i haven't updated it in a while ... duckduckgo app version is pretty old i think, says version 5.159.1
Manage cookie popups is disabled in duckduckgo settings
and i'm not using "desktop site" mode.

GreatBear

Feb 18, 2009
Newport Beach
Amazing. In the hospital for kidney removal surgery on day one, out on day 2 and sent home to recover. I was so tired that I fell asleep in my chair t the end of the first period of the Dallas/Vegas. After I woke up I took some pain medication and gimped my way to bed.

I would remind everyone to get regular check ups and to take care of any medical issues as quickly as possible. If you are concerned about the diagnosis and projected treatment get a second opinion to settle your mind. The disease and treatment may be scary, and it certainly is not fun, but being alive and well is better than the alternative.

Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
Amazing. In the hospital for kidney removal surgery on day one, out on day 2 and sent home to recover. I was so tired that I fell asleep in my chair t the end of the first period of the Dallas/Vegas. After I woke up I took some pain medication and gimped my way to bed.

I would remind everyone to get regular check ups and to take care of any medical issues as quickly as possible. If you are concerned about the diagnosis and projected treatment get a second opinion to settle your mind. The disease and treatment may be scary, and it certainly is not fun, but being alive and well is better than the alternative.
Wish you a speedy recovery Duck brother! I can only imagine what you have gone through with that.

Reactions: duckaroosky

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad