New KHL Webcast Subscriptions

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
For most people in NA who work, can only watch games on the weekends. In this case, Laola usually plays 2-3 good games on the weekends with no announcers (good if you dont want to listen to the Russian) on HD broadcasts. This is how I get my KHL fix - the odd game that I would like to see I pay the whole $1.50 USD to watch.

I have an older PC, streams anything on Youtube or NHL.com fine, for some reason KHLTV stream was choppy. I dont know if they upgraded this year, hopefully someone can provide insight on the steam quality. IMO KHL should just use youtube as a streaming portal, save everyone the hassle. Like in most cases I can watch a VHL game in better quality stream for free on YT than I can watch a paid stream from the KHL website :dunno:

habsturies

May 27, 2012
Baja California Sur
I subscribe last season,but not any more.
Not,until they made a professional work.

In compare,for example ,with hockey-streams ,KHL are a million miles away.

-only 20-30% of the games are in HD
-watching the taped-games is painfull,tons of spoilers to let you know the score.
-even the highlights on his youtube chanel got spoilers !
-not commentors in english option.

There's tons os free streams even with better quality...so...
-

mrgbg

Aug 30, 2014
I live in Sweden and when I tried to buy the Season subscription it said that its not available in my region.

Can somebody help me?

Worked fine last year.

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
I live in Sweden and when I tried to buy the Season subscription it said that its not available in my region.

Can somebody help me?

Worked fine last year.

What on Earth, I bought mine this week and now it says that I am not available watching anything on the website?!

Did some Swedish broadcaster buy the KHL rights secretly?

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
Good luck with getting a refund, if that's the case. :( I thought there was a Finnish (?) broadcaster with exclusive rights like that (or was that for the NHL?), but this is the first time I'm hearing about a thing like that in terms of Sweden and the KHL.

Looks like I spoke too soon when I praised the KHL for no webcast blackouts, as opposed to the NHL! :help: Even so, no Swedish broadcaster can possibly be carrying, or be interested in carrying, all KHL games, so this makes no sense. However, nothing makes sense in ex-Communist countries, so don't be surprised...

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
Swedish company Viasat has the rights in Finland for KHL/Jokerit games. It shouldnt affect Sweden. That has to be mistake from KHL.

(Viasat has the rights for NHL in whole Nordic Region.)

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
A guy living in the Netherlands said he had the same problem, it is not available. The weird part is that I can click on the list of games below the video player, but the ones in the sidebar is not available..

Another Swede got these mails from the Webcaster:

"Hello, unfortunately, purchase matches and their view is not available for your country. We apologize for the inconvenience."

And in the next mail:
"The company Viasat has exclusive rights to video of CHL (KHL) on all platforms."

mrgbg

Aug 30, 2014
A guy living in the Netherlands said he had the same problem, it is not available. The weird part is that I can click on the list of games below the video player, but the ones in the sidebar is not available..

Another Swede got these mails from the Webcaster:

"Hello, unfortunately, purchase matches and their view is not available for your country. We apologize for the inconvenience."

And in the next mail:
"The company Viasat has exclusive rights to video of CHL (KHL) on all platforms."

And now when I called Viasats customer support they said that they do not own the rights for broadcasting KHL.

This is so weird and unprofessionally to do with just hours before the league begins.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Really strange from KHL side:laugh: It must be a mistake, if Viasat had them, they'd have told by now..

Or, maybe Viasat bought the whole Nordic region rights but decided not to show it outside Finland. :laugh:

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
No blackout here in Slovakia, fortunately. (Knock on wood.)

And, of course, KHL.ru launched a brand-new web design, which on the webcast pages even includes a "SPOILER" slider! So, you can now easily hide the game results if you wish to watch a game later on "as if live". That's a big improvement. :handclap:

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
The new website works perfectly, I'm no longer geo blocked! Wouldn't surprise me if it would come back later today :shakehead

And, of course, KHL.ru launched a brand-new web design, which on the webcast pages even includes a "SPOILER" slider! So, you can now easily hide the game results if you wish to watch a game later on "as if live". That's a big improvement. :handclap:

Finally!

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
Yeah, Viasat Hockey Sweden has bought the broadcasting rights for the KHL. First game will be broadcasted tomorrow (Jokerit vs CSKA). They plan on showing two games per week during the regular season, more games during the playoffs!

Jonimaus

Jul 15, 2011
Lund
Yeah, Viasat Hockey Sweden has bought the broadcasting rights for the KHL. First game will be broadcasted tomorrow (Jokerit vs CSKA). They plan on showing two games per week during the regular season, more games during the playoffs!

Damn they became desperate after losing Allsvenskan. :laugh: Oh well, it was basically KHL or nothing since they've lost all other leagues except NHL.

ult

Sep 21, 2009
Yeah, apparently it's not being broadcasted to any tv channel, as it's just a signal that is being shown on the scoreboard.

rafkon

Mar 27, 2014
Helsinki
Thanks for sharing the link!

So far I am impressed with Kuznya. They can score more points than I predicted a few weeks ago.

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
Those horrible people failed to show the webcast of Slovan vs. Kuznya yesterday, although the game was shown (in HD, no less) on local TV, Sport 2, the KHL's official partner. :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

They do this every single year... The Russian business model: you pay for something, and they fail to deliver it. :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
Another awful experience today in the Slovan vs. Sibir game, not just on the ice but in terms of the webcast, too.

I was watching the game in "delayed live" mode, and the picture, while razor-sharp on my 46-inch TV screen, kept skipping throughout the game. It sometimes felt like watching the game in digest mode. :( Skipping 30 or 45 seconds was happening regularly. The audio was a mess, too. While it was possible to switch between the Russian and Slovak commentary (the latter labeled as "English"), both audio tracks were ahead of the picture by some 3 to 5 seconds, so the commentators (and audience reactions, and referee whistles) kept acting like spoilers throughout the game. It was basically impossible to enjoy the game like this, regardless of what was happening on the ice. :( Plus, the volume of the Russian commentator was so low that you could barely hear his voice amid the crowd noise.

I sent a message to KHL.ru technical support to alert them to these severe issues.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Also it's kinda funny when KHL webcast service is asking for such prices meanwhile Dynamo Moscow are showing their game on their official youtube channel absolutely for free for those who feel dirty about watching laola/sopcast streams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad