New KHL Webcast Subscriptions

ult

Sep 21, 2009
I have noticed that Sibir - Avangard game on 13.09 is on KHL TV HD schedule, so it looks like they've fixed their issues. There is also Lada-SKA game later that night.

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
The game from Togliatti is not on the webcast schedule for now. We'll see.

Nor is Amur vs. Salavat Yulayev on Saturday. :rant:

Podolsk is probably an inaccessible village on the Moon, because again neither of the upcoming 2 games from Podolsk is webcast. :shakehead I haven't seen a single webcast from Podolsk ever since Podolsk joined the KHL. At least the goons from Chekhov were shown in moving picture, but Podolsk as if existed in a black hole that modern technology cannot reach. :facepalm:

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
Important and potentially very useful innovation just announced: just like in NHL GameCenter, you can now select your preferred audio feed for any KHL game. :handclap:

http://en.khl.ru/news/2014/09/17/228566.html

However, I don't know why they only talk about Russian- or English-language feeds. :( It would be logical for them to offer a Latvian feed for Dinamo Riga games, Slovak feed for Slovan games, etc. All the more because KHL.ru is actually webcasting the (Czecho-)Slovak cable TV broadcast. They sometimes show a pair of Slovan announcers talking to the camera, but they are like mute fish -- their voices are currently cut off in KHL.ru webcasts, with the Russian KHL.ru announcer talking over them.

Something extra the KHL offers compared to the NHL: you can select "no language" to get no announcer at all, just stadium noise. :nod:

The new switch is currently in test mode, and I'm sad to report that it does not work for now, at least not on the iPad. You can bring up the pop-up window with the audio feeds and you can select your preferred audio feed, but then your preference apparently cannot be saved and the pop-up window cannot be regularly closed. I'm submitting a bug report to KHL.ru on this.

Domenica

Podolsk is probably an inaccessible village on the Moon, because again neither of the upcoming 2 games from Podolsk is webcast. :shakehead I haven't seen a single webcast from Podolsk ever since Podolsk joined the KHL. At least the goons from Chekhov were shown in moving picture, but Podolsk as if existed in a black hole that modern technology cannot reach. :facepalm:

:laugh:

I do like that the live scores on the KHL website now contain the video links to highlights, goals and penalties. I know that the Russian live scores were like that last season but it's a new feature for the English ones. *baby steps*

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
Site navigation is still messy and illogical. For example, there is no way to access the "game protocol", "preview", etc. subpages once you find yourself on the "video highlights" or "text broadcast" subpages. The latter two subpages are orphans, in terms of site navigation, so you need to launch a search for details about the game from KHL.ru homepage once again.

habsturies

May 27, 2012
Baja California Sur
any other subscriptor got problems to watch the archives games?

Cause everytime i try,it's just buffering every 10-15 seconds.
I sent a mail to the KHL-tv service.and they answerd me that i need at last 5 megas speed.

well,i got 10 megas !
but i not only can watch the HD games,even the regular stream is buffering all the time.

I try with both browsers,Chrome and MOzilla,update my adobe,put the 60 seconds in the setting option...nothing.

The question is that I'm subscriptor to hockey-streams as well,and i can watch all the games in HD with no problem.

I can't understand this.
If somebody can help,i apreciate so,so much,cause i already pay for the all long year..:shakehead

eal

Sep 5, 2014
Laola1 have really been showing a lot of games lately, including ones from Vladivostock and Khabarovsk. No commentary but I don't speak Russian anyway. All games available on-demand too which is nice.

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
Speaking of commentary, does someone know if they are planning on getting English commentators on at least a few selected games?

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
I paid for 1st stream yesterday to test the quality. The stream wasnt the greatest but my pc is a few years old. Having said that Laola and NHL streams HD perfectly on my PC. Wish KHL would use a better platform, cant complain about the price though ;).

Does KHL get good money from the Laola deal? Must be hurting KHL subscriptions if people can just use Loala? How does Loala make money if they offer so many streams for free?

BTW no announcer is great idea. Turn up surround sound and it is like you are in the arena, especially with HD. This is actually IMO futuristic option that even NHL should look at. It makes sense... When your at the game you don't have someone talking in your ear the whole night, its fun just to watch and hear sounds of game and arena, or talk to your friends. Anyways, Laola is awesome

eyetest is useless

Oct 25, 2014
Does KHL get good money from the Laola deal? Must be hurting KHL subscriptions if people can just use Loala? How does Loala make money if they offer so many streams for free?

I can't imagine broadcasting the khl into central Europe is too expensive. Most of their stuff is random table tennis or volleyball streams. The most premium product of theirs is la Liga and even there I can't imagine the fees being too high for online rights outside of Spain. No commentators in most cases means little staff costs... They can probably recoup by ads and a bunch of premium subscriptions.

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
Well, KHL.ru is finally offering webcast subscriptions for the following 2015/2016 season, although I received no email notification about this, and it's unclear whether this is an "early-bird" offer or not. (There was a similar lack of information a year ago.)

There are, as of right now, only 2 subscription options at:
http://video.khl.ru/page/subscription_page

1. all games by all teams (including play-offs): the pricing is advertized at around €63
  2. all games by 1 selected team (including play-offs) – costs around €28
There is no monthly subscription option for now, and no "archives-only" option, either. However, the price of both of the all-season subscriptions is pretty low. :handclap:

The subscription/purchase webpage seems to be extremely buggy, almost dysfunctional. (Again, that's not surprising, unfortunately...) As soon as I log in to my KHL.ru account, both subscription options disappear from the subscription webpage. (How do they expect people to buy the subscriptions, then?) :amazed: I tried this in many browsers, both on a regular PC and on tablets – no help. The purchase buttons disappear as soon as you log in... talk about absurd! :shakehead

The only way I was finally able to make a purchase was to log out of my KHL.ru account first, and then press the purchase button – after several tries, a small window popped up, asking for the login information, and then another small popup window listing payment options, PayPal among them. I went ahead and purchased the "all season, all games" subscription for €66.78 overall. (PayPal added a small transaction fee of 271.94 roubles, which amounts to around €3.78.)

That's far less than I paid for the same subscription a year ago, when it cost me €87.69 (including the PayPal fee). However, last year I didn't catch the "early bird" offer (because it was never advertized, and it was terminated without a warning on Day 1 of the new season), and the rouble was stronger back then, I guess.

I suppose the current prices (€63 and €28) are "early-bird" offers, too (although they aren't advertized as such), and they will likely go up next Monday (August 24), so if you're interested in these webcast subscriptions, you should probably go ahead and purchase them right now (despite the technical struggles), no later than next Sunday.

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine
Well, KHL.ru is finally offering webcast subscriptions for the following 2015/2016 season, although I received no email notification about this, and it's unclear whether this is an "early-bird" offer or not. (There was a similar lack of information a year ago.)

There are, as of right now, only 2 subscription options at:
http://video.khl.ru/page/subscription_page

1. all games by all teams (including play-offs): the pricing is advertized at around €63
  2. all games by 1 selected team (including play-offs) – costs around €28
There is no monthly subscription option for now, and no "archives-only" option, either. However, the price of both of the all-season subscriptions is pretty low. :handclap:

The subscription/purchase webpage seems to be extremely buggy, almost dysfunctional. (Again, that's not surprising, unfortunately...) As soon as I log in to my KHL.ru account, both subscription options disappear from the subscription webpage. (How do they expect people to buy the subscriptions, then?) :amazed: I tried this in many browsers, both on a regular PC and on tablets – no help. The purchase buttons disappear as soon as you log in... talk about absurd! :shakehead

The only way I was finally able to make a purchase was to log out of my KHL.ru account first, and then press the purchase button – after several tries, a small window popped up, asking for the login information, and then another small popup window listing payment options, PayPal among them. I went ahead and purchased the "all season, all games" subscription for €66.78 overall. (PayPal added a small transaction fee of 271.94 roubles, which amounts to around €3.78.)

That's far less than I paid for the same subscription a year ago, when it cost me €87.69 (including the PayPal fee). However, last year I didn't catch the "early bird" offer (because it was never advertized, and it was terminated without a warning on Day 1 of the new season), and the rouble was stronger back then, I guess.

I suppose the current prices (€63 and €28) are "early-bird" offers, too (although they aren't advertized as such), and they will likely go up next Monday (August 24), so if you're interested in these webcast subscriptions, you should probably go ahead and purchase them right now (despite the technical struggles), no later than next Sunday.

I would love to get a KHL subscription, but sadly I live on the west coast of Canada, and all the games are either being played when I'm asleep or during the week when I am at work. I will have to be satisfied with the nightly recap on Youtube and with onhockey to catch games on the weekend.

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
I would love to get a KHL subscription, but sadly I live on the west coast of Canada, and all the games are either being played when I'm asleep or during the week when I am at work.
Remember you can watch any and all games in "delayed live" or "recorded live" mode, too. :nod: I don't have the time to watch all games live, either. (When Slovan plays in the Russian Far East, this is around noon or even in the morning here.) But you can start watching any game at KHL.ru while it's still in progress: you just skip to the beginning of the broadcast while the game is still being played, so that's the "delayed live" mode. Or, you can watch a game hours (even days) after it's completed; you just need to isolate yourself from sports news sites, cellphone notifications, etc., in the meantime. :) The KHL must be credited (unlike NHL GameCenter) for (well, at least typically!) making completed games available in the Archive section instantly, as soon as the game is over in real time.

A big drawback, discussed in earlier seasons in this thread, is that not all games are actually webcast for you, even after you purchase the "all games by all teams" subscription. :( That cannot happen in the NHL – then again, the NHL employs lots of confusing and infuriating blackouts, and the NHL even got successfully sued over them by the fans recently, while the KHL does not black out any games online. I'd estimate that around 8 games of my team, Slovan, from among 54 regular-season games last year, were not webcast – some were skipped online even when they were shown on local sports TV channels, so the traditional lame excuse, "The TV signal for this game just isn't available!" isn't really true at all. Let's hope that the ratio of games not webcast this season will go down. :amazed:

Wow, that's cheap as soap.

Please remember that not everyone lives in Finland or Scandinavia, one of the wealthiest regions on this planet. Many people in ex-Communist countries earn only a few hundred euros per month, so for them, even €63/€28 for the 2 season-long subscriptions is a significant outlay.

But yes, relatively speaking, those are excellent prices. The weak rouble helps, I guess, and the prices will likely go up (by 10% or 20%) next Monday. In contrast, the monthly subscription was always awfully overpriced by the KHL – maybe they cancelled it for 2015/2016, because no one was purchasing it anyway? :amazed: It was something like €29 per month, which is absurd and around 3 times as much as NHL GameCenter, which I believe costs you around 10 € per month, which is OK, although I always buy season-long KHL and NHL webcast packages.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $325.00