Post-Game Talk: Avs 6 - Jets 3, Avs win Series 4-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tasteless Beaver

Here for the hot takes
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
I mean this with the utmost sincerity:

Good series, don’t hate the Jets like I do StL or Vegas.

Lowry is a goddamned beast and a hell of a shutdown C. Morrissey is so f***ing smooth.

I’ll leave you now in peace.
We appreciate the thought, but it's not a good look to go to the opposing team's GDT after their team shit the bed and ended their season.

Also, Jack Roslovic outscored almost our whole f***ing team in the 4 games it took to stomp Washington.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
We have 2 UFA's on D, Dilly probably moves on, DeMelo might want to come back but he is not a top D man. Schmidt needs to be bought out, I don't know what Chevy will do with Stanley, but I'm pretty sure Pionk will be back. We need help back there but guys with size and talent are hard to find.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
We have 2 UFA's on D, Dilly probably moves on, DeMelo might want to come back but he is not a top D man. Schmidt needs to be bought out, I don't know what Chevy will do with Stanley, but I'm pretty sure Pionk will be back. We need help back there but guys with size and talent are hard to find.
Pionk next in line for 1RD if demelo walks.

Aries56

Jan 10, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
The Trouba trade is looking pretty bad right now too. He's the captain of the President's Trophy winning team that swept the Caps. We got a guy who scored on his own net, and another guy who isn't on the main roster.
Moot point considering he demanded a trade to New York, our hands were tied.

I don't dislike Bowness, I think the players bailed on his system. I do wonder if he was Chevy's guy after Trotz or if he struck out over and over until he was the only experienced coach that was left.

I would really like to see a change though, his coaching style is limiting our offensive players and it's not the most versatile or entertaining to watch.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
need to get rid of pionk over schmidt imo and need salo to hit big time

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

We really need get Morrissey some legitimate help. DeMelo is he's back should be helping groom Heinola on the third pairing.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Reactions: surixon

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
We appreciate the thought, but it's not a good look to go to the opposing team's GDT after their team shit the bed and ended their season.

Also, Jack Roslovic outscored almost our whole f***ing team in the 4 games it took to stomp Washington.
It’s not a good look to come in and extend a hand and say “Good series”? I get this or the other guy telling me to f*** off?

I mean…okay, but holy hell. I didn’t come in and spout nonsense, I came to genuinely speak nothing but respectful words.

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
Well, it's all over. At least the Jets tried this game, but still came up short. Congratulations to the Colorado Avalanche, they outplayed us and deserved to go to the next round. I give this game two Cartman's out of five...

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I have tabulated the points from the Prediction Contest and we have a winner, @Bigfish! Congratulations! I have posted the results, so check them out!

I just want to take this opportunity to thank each and every one of you for making this year very successful on HFJets. While the result on the ice wasn't what we wanted, at least we had some fun on the message board! Enjoy the summer and I will see you all at the Draft. Good night...

giphy.gif

WpgSteve

Nov 5, 2018
The Trouba trade is looking pretty bad right now too. He's the captain of the President's Trophy winning team that swept the Caps. We got a guy who scored on his own net, and another guy who isn't on the main roster.
We would have signed Trouba if he was willing. The trade was a salvage. Anyone who suggested we won it was on crack.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Blue Shakehead

because lol Jets
Mar 18, 2011
www.becauseloljets.com
Stop being so negative... am I doing it right? :sarcasm:;)

On a serious note now that this is over, I have to say that the post ASB period of the season has been worst time I've had watching the Jets. Worse than the usual shitty seasons because it was like watching an opportunity be slowly squandered by those in power not acting on a series of obvious things unlike the last season where the players just didn't have it.

I pretty much stopped posting here and giving a f*** about this team after the last Nashville game (game 77?) as the coaches made every wrong decision during/after that- scratching Perfetti, reuniting 81-55-13, promoting f***ing Pionk to the top pairing, making Stanley a regular on the 3rd pairing. It was not just because of those decisions in of themselves but it leaving with very little confidence in them making the right decisions when every little decision matters.

Never felt this way with all the exits under Maurice... I long for the simpler days when the biggest complain about deployment was him scratching Toby for Joe Morrow as a desperation move in an elimination game.

I hope they did not burn the relationship with 91 too.

I agree with everything except the Maurice bit. I’m old enough to remember eventual 30g rookie Connor cut out of training camp, Buff getting permanently moved to forward - and it was only several injuries that forced him to change course on both. Matt Hendricks above Perresult in the playoffs Blake Wheeler playing out his 34 and 35 year old seasons getting 23 mins a game while the locker room burns and Laine playing the right point on PP2 and then trying to turn him into a power forward.

On balance, there is a zero percent chance Paul Maurice coaches this roster to 50 plus wins. Bones was completely outcoached and his blind spots were a huge factor in losing the series. His stubbornness on Perfetti, Pionk getting top 4 mins and sticking with 81-55-13 is all-world stupid.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
It’s not a good look to come in and extend a hand and say “Good series”? I get this or the other guy telling me to f*** off?

I mean…okay, but holy hell. I didn’t come in and spout nonsense, I came to genuinely speak nothing but respectful words.

The last thing we want is kind felicitations when we're busy being angry about the state of our hockey franchise. Go celebrate your win.

Reactions: ello
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad