New Jersey to overhaul uniforms for 2017-2018 season, Part 4: and Gnashing of Teeth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
So considering getting a jersey (or completing the black reebok i have) but Im have trouble deciding on a player.

Considering Bratt (likely my number 1 choice) but im worried he will change his number. Hischer but its going to be so common and i like to be different. Hall see Hischer. The outside the box and different one is Santini. Thoughts?

Last time i bought a Jersey was 3 months into Travis Zajacs rookie season and that has worked out very well for me.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
So considering getting a jersey (or completing the black reebok i have) but Im have trouble deciding on a player.

Considering Bratt (likely my number 1 choice) but im worried he will change his number. Hischer but its going to be so common and i like to be different. Hall see Hischer. The outside the box and different one is Santini. Thoughts?

Last time i bought a Jersey was 3 months into Travis Zajacs rookie season and that has worked out very well for me.
Wood’s 44 is a cool jersey that isn’t so common (though I’ve seen a few at the Rock).

Reactions: Devil X

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
So it has been a while and I am still not a fan of the home jerseys, but I like the away jerseys for the most part. I would not mind a Nico away jersey.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County

Could always go Palmieri

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ

Considering Bratt (likely my number 1 choice) but im worried he will change his number. Hischer but its going to be so common and i like to be different. Hall see Hischer.

Yeah, I havent seen that many Adidas jerseys at the games yet, but dang near every one I have seen is a Hischier jersey.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
I saw a Lyle Odelein at the Panthers game the other night. Now THAT was some outside-the-box jersey thinking.

That sure it.

Wood’s 44 is a cool jersey that isn’t so common (though I’ve seen a few at the Rock).

Wood isnt bad, but i like to keep jerseys a while and i normally dont wear jerseys of a past player. So while its nothing against Wood i worry about his longevity overall.

Could always go Palmieri

I know to many that have Palmieri so I choose to stay away.

Yeah, I havent seen that many Adidas jerseys at the games yet, but dang near every one I have seen is a Hischier jersey.

I have seen some blanks but yes a lot of Hischer is popping up, but thats to be expected.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey

Go with your favorite, even if it's common. I'm a jersey hoarder, so that's difficult for me. :laugh: But the only reason I committed to a new Adidas jersey was because of Nico. I already bought a Palmieri and got a Hall for a Christmas gift last year, so I'm covered for a while!

Even if Bratt changes his number, there's always the unique story behind his rookie number of #63. The same way people go out of their way to get a Brodeur #29 Christmas jersey.

I say go with Bratt or Santini because either would be cool. But don't be ashamed to go with the Nico/Hall crowd!

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Wood isnt bad, but i like to keep jerseys a while and i normally dont wear jerseys of a past player. So while its nothing against Wood i worry about his longevity overall.
Wood is on the upswing, get in on it now while it's still rare.

Any good player is going to have a lot of fan jerseys. Any outside the box choice you are going to wonder about the long term prospects.

But you can get a year or two of Wood as an uncommon jersey, but after that I figure there will be a ton. Get it now and enjoy it while you can.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I absolutely despised these jerseys when I first saw the change, but they've kinda grown on me lately. I like the sleek design.

Obviously there are huge issues still, but they're not nearly as awful as I thought at first glance.

Reactions: tonniar .rm

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I absolutely despised these jerseys when I first saw the change, but they've kinda grown on me lately. I like the sleek design.

Obviously there are huge issues still, but they're not nearly as awful as I thought at first glance.
But they absolutely need to have some #'s on them. Without #'s, the lack of stripes around the waist leaves for a very barren field down the back. At least in the red's, I thought they looked pretty bad.

Reactions: NJDevils7

devsman84

Jul 13, 2016
Wood is on the upswing, get in on it now while it's still rare.

Any good player is going to have a lot of fan jerseys. Any outside the box choice you are going to wonder about the long term prospects.

But you can get a year or two of Wood as an uncommon jersey, but after that I figure there will be a ton. Get it now and enjoy it while you can.

This is the kind of advice I would always shy away from. Getting the jersey of the next "flavor of the week" players always lead to the duct taped nameplates and complaints I see from people who dropped $100+ on a player who left soon after they got the jersey.

I would stick with forever Devils or those here for the long haul. Only exception to this in the last 10+ years was Kovalchuk, but you will be far happier in the end and save $.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
This is the kind of advice I would always shy away from. Getting the jersey of the next "flavor of the week" players always lead to the duct taped nameplates and complaints I see from people who dropped $100+ on a player who left soon after they got the jersey.

I would stick with forever Devils or those here for the long haul. Only exception to this in the last 10+ years was Kovalchuk, but you will be far happier in the end and save $.

Absolutely agree. The only jersey I purchased of a new Devil was Palmieri about a month into his first season here. Otherwise, it's Elias, Brodeur, Henrique (raffle win), Zajac, Lemieux, and Jagr (doesn't matter to me his short stay here). I just sent out for a customized Niedermayer. Thinking Greene is next - so yeah, basically forever Devils. I'll wait on the young guns.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010

I can see the argument of the forever Devil but...

1)He wants a more uncommon jersey.

2)Wood is not flavor of the month. Last year I could maybe see someone saying that. But his game is showing real stability in addition to his electric speed. He has been really good this year and I expect his game to continue to grow, quite possibly in big ways. And his uptempo game is also exactly how this team wants to play. I think he is a pretty safe bet.

devsman84

Jul 13, 2016
I can see the argument of the forever Devil but...

1)He wants a more uncommon jersey.

2)Wood is not flavor of the month. Last year I could maybe see someone saying that. But his game is showing real stability in addition to his electric speed. He has been really good this year and I expect his game to continue to grow, quite possibly in big ways. And his uptempo game is also exactly how this team wants to play. I think he is a pretty safe bet.

I disagree. He had a few moments last year and then sunk a bit for the remainder of last year. So far this year he has played well, but there is still not enough history there to assume he is here for the long haul.

It is his jersey so he can get what he wants. However, like I stated there are risks to going with the "out of the box" choices. I am reminded of this when I see the Tootoo, Farnham and Smith-Pelly jerseys in the stands to this day.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
You guys are all amazing. Out of the box and also longevity are both high on my lists of reasons. I got Zajac and that worked out very well. Got a Kovy for the Christmas right before he left and its sat in my closet ever since.

Thank you all for you comments on the matter and I'll make sure to come back when I decide and let everyone know who i went with.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I disagree. He had a few moments last year and then sunk a bit for the remainder of last year. So far this year he has played well, but there is still not enough history there to assume he is here for the long haul.

It is his jersey so he can get what he wants. However, like I stated there are risks to going with the "out of the box" choices. I am reminded of this when I see the Tootoo, Farnham and Smith-Pelly jerseys in the stands to this day.
I don't know if this is the place for it. But I've been itching to take on the Wood skeptics.

Currently Wood leads the team in individual Corsi/60, sog/60, is third in individual scoring chances/60, and is 2nd on the team in goals. This while playing in the bottom 6 the entire season.

He also might be the fastest player in the league.

So yeah, I'm saying safe bet on a Wood jersey.

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
I think after a Nico jersey I might get a Santini jersey. I have always been a fan of the kid, and if he keeps up his play over the next year that I will be sold. I'm sure there might not be many people with his jersey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad