New Jersey to overhaul uniforms for 2017-2018 season, Part 4: and Gnashing of Teeth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
I think after a Nico jersey I might get a Santini jersey. I have always been a fan of the kid, and if he keeps up his play over the next year that I will be sold. I'm sure there might not be many people with his jersey.

Now ... do you go Reebok #34 or Adidas #16. :dunno::joker:

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
Mainly my jerseys are 'forever' Devils like Elias, Stevens, etc but I had a Hischier made up recently on a Reebok 2.0 authentic.

I figure at least he donned the Reeboks in the last days of the contract during preseason and when Shero held up his jersey to confirm Nico selecting his #13 as expected.

For our 1st ever #1OA I felt compelled to splurge on a jersey but I still can't get into the new ones.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Mainly my jerseys are 'forever' Devils like Elias, Stevens, etc but I had a Hischier made up recently on a Reebok 2.0 authentic.

I figure at least he donned the Reeboks in the last days of the contract during preseason and when Shero held up his jersey to confirm Nico selecting his #13 as expected.

Not to burst your bubble, but they already went to the ugly Adidas jerseys for the draft, and it was actually #17 for the draft year.

1297967255791_ORIGINAL.jpg

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
Not talking about the one at the draft where they'd all say 17 anyway.

f02bcd2ea586d9335d92ec577bf0b092.jpg

But yeah I got the supplier contract term wrong on the switchover timing though.

In the end I was destined to have it made up using the old style if I got one.

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
Not sure of the exact date but it was the press release pic for announcing that he signed his ELC and officially selected #13.

Never mind just looked it up, July 15th.

njdevsfn95

Help JJJ, Sprite.
Jul 30, 2006
The kids wore reebok during prospect camp so you can always look at those pics and choose the old style with their number.

Doesn't change the fact the current ones are still terrible. The only reason the level of bitching has changed is because of the play on the ice.

If this was last season...and these jerseys...ooooooof.

MachoDiablo

Mar 12, 2012
Jersey City
The more I've seen of these jerseys, the weirder the whole thing becomes.

On the ice, I just don't care that much; the way the jerseys are set up actually work alright when the guys are wearing pads under them, so I don't really end up noticing the differences too much. Still think the white looks a lot sharper than the red, though, but again the pads mean that the change to the shoulders don't strike me quite as hard.

Off the ice, different story: seeing fans walking toward the Rock in the new home reds, it just doesn't look very good as something to wear casually, and the shoulder changes stick out a lot. I saw the video recently where Bryan Danielson does the one chip challenge at the arena and the home red kind of looks good on him, but he's a really in-shape professional wrestler for one thing, and even then the jersey still looked like it should have a hood on it or something, that it would just work better as a regular sweatshirt and not as well as a jersey.

I might break at some point in the future and get an away one, but don't really see myself picking up a home one.

Reactions: JMadden11

The Wumpus

bottomless pit supervisor
May 9, 2011
Morristown, NJ
The collars illustrate the problem with changing manufacturers every few years. The collar changes are %100 driven by Adidas's need to put their stamp on the jerseys and 0% driven by any actual need for change.

Reactions: Oneiro

Saint Beaurivage

Jersey Shore
Nov 18, 2017
I actually love these new jerseys and just bought a red. Where is the best place to get them lettered like the pros? Thanks in advance.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Is anyone else frustrated with the availability of these jerseys? They haven't had the white authentic jerseys seemingly all season... AT ALL. Right now for the home jersey, they have ONLY size 46 and it can't be customized. They have a home authentic Hall jersey in all sized except for 60. If you don't want Taylor Hall, you pretty much can't get an authentic jersey online right now... it's been that way for weeks.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
Is anyone else frustrated with the availability of these jerseys? They haven't had the white authentic jerseys seemingly all season... AT ALL. Right now for the home jersey, they have ONLY size 46 and it can't be customized. They have a home authentic Hall jersey in all sized except for 60. If you don't want Taylor Hall, you pretty much can't get an authentic jersey online right now... it's been that way for weeks.

Have you checked the arena? The Devils Den had tons of authentics in almost every player, both home and away. I guess they could have sold out in the last few weeks, but they were stocked around late October/early November.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey

I would check all Devils Dens because I got mine on Opening Day and it looked as though they had plenty in the one next to the Ice Lounge at the Blues game.

It is annoying that they can't customize authentics and will only customize the home Fanatics replicas which look like garbage. But honestly, I would get it done somewhere else anyway because they'll do a better job than they do in house.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
I was trying to take advantage of the constant sales that Fanatics and NHL.com have... 20-25-30% every other day has been great. I'll end up getting it at the arena I'm sure. It's a gift for the fiance for her bday. She wants a Stafford jersey. I DON'T KNOW WHY. Also, I got a Fanatics branded Taylor Hall jersey from the Fanatics website. Looks so much better than what is at the Devils Den. Maybe they do the customization in house for the jerseys they have in stock because it is TERRIBLE.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
yea, Fanatics is having 30% off today plus I have a gift card to use on their site, and all they have in stock for the authentics is size 46 which is way too small for me.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
yea, Fanatics is having 30% off today plus I have a gift card to use on their site, and all they have in stock for the authentics is size 46 which is way too small for me.

The discounts don't work on jerseys because every single jersey is now magically "limited stock" which is excluded from the sale lol

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
I think ZBC was the one who originally recommended them to me before, but you can always subscribe with Cool Hockey and they'll notify on any discount deals they have.

Maybe they'll have something for Black Friday. I know they did last year but it could have also been a part of them getting rid of as many Reeboks as possible in their last year.

Give it a shot, though!

Customized NHL Jerseys from Coolhockey.com. Officially licensed by the NHL. - CoolHockey

Reactions: Zajacs Bowl Cut

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
ya, CoolHockey is very good, so is IceJerseys. It looks like Coolhockey has 20% off on jerseys right now

I would use one of those two sites, but I have a Fanatics gift card that I have to use up

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
The collars illustrate the problem with changing manufacturers every few years. The collar changes are %100 driven by Adidas's need to put their stamp on the jerseys and 0% driven by any actual need for change.

Yes, but it's even worse this time, because what most people don't realize is that Adidas & Reebok are actually the same company. So the guise of, "well, Adidas is making the jerseys now so they had to change a bit, I mean, it's a different company", thing is total nonsense. LOL

So the change is made by the same company solely to get that certain segment of society that has to have "what's new", to buy them.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
ya, CoolHockey is very good, so is IceJerseys. It looks like Coolhockey has 20% off on jerseys right now

I would use one of those two sites, but I have a Fanatics gift card that I have to use up

Thanks for the tip on Coolhockey. I can get her exactly the authentic Stafford jersey she wants and it comes to 196 with free shipping after discount... even including hand sewn letters and numbers. Awesome. Going to get myself a Palmieri jersey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad