New Jersey to overhaul uniforms for 2017-2018 season, Part 4: and Gnashing of Teeth

Status
Not open for further replies.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
If what O'Neill says is true and teams make "very little" off of jersey sales, then I have to think that a group of fans boycotting the new jersey buy not buying it is probably going to go unnoticed by them.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
If what O'Neill says is true and teams make "very little" off of jersey sales, then I have to think that a group of fans boycotting the new jersey buy not buying it is probably going to go unnoticed by them.

Forget about the $$ aspect, the less visibility around the arena of these that our fans and the organizations sees, the better :laugh:

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Unfortunately its the only thing we can do.

In addition to not buying the new jerseys if fans continue to be vocal to management about how awful these are, hopefully they will listen and do something about it as soon as next season.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
DJIwRXMXkAMB7bF

I'm not a fan of the change, but the uniform looks nice on Hall. The jerseys alone are a definite downgrade though.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
DJIwRXMXkAMB7bF

I'm not a fan of the change, but the uniform looks nice on Hall. The jerseys alone are a definite downgrade though.

Eek.... disagree. I think it looks even worse from that angle. Looks like he's wearing a black dickey on top of a hockey jersey.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
I was wondering if the team would wear a "35 year anniversary" patch, but it's definitely not on that jersey. Didn't they only wear the 30 year patches for one game? It definitely wasn't the whole season like for the 25 year, or like the Rangers love to do for their over-hyped milestones.

Feed Me A Stray Cat

Mar 27, 2005
Boston, MA
I was wondering if the team would wear a "35 year anniversary" patch, but it's definitely not on that jersey. Didn't they only wear the 30 year patches for one game? It definitely wasn't the whole season like for the 25 year, or like the Rangers love to do for their over-hyped milestones.

I wonder if the Rangers will do a "25 years since our last cup" patch for 2018-19.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
my god those black lines sure do stand out a ton

i wonder what the aways look like

DDCe15YXUAAdb_b.jpg

and now I do think they changed the glove design -- no white accents on the red part of the glove in either the warrior glove and not in the bauer glove Hall is wearing

devsman84

Jul 13, 2016

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County

devsman84

Jul 13, 2016
Yep. Sloppy looking.

And all because they think they'll make money because 'X' number of suckers will go out and "have to" buy a new hockey jersey.

I don't doubt there will be some of this. However most people are not quite as passionate about it either way and will just want a jersey. Thus they will buy what is on the racks either at the arena, in the stores or online instead of some drive to get the latest and greatest.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND

It could be on the other sleeve where the "100" patch is for the NHL on the sleeve we can see.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
DDCe15YXUAAdb_b.jpg

and now I do think they changed the glove design -- no white accents on the red part of the glove in either the warrior glove and not in the bauer glove Hall is wearing

Im actually curious how they'd look on a person, w the numbers and patches and all the equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad