Eklund Rumor: New Jersey interested in Gaudreau

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
I’d give up a solid package for Gaudreau.

10th overall (Arizona’s pick), Bratt and McLeod/Zacha for Gaudreau and a 2nd round pick.

The Flames would clear the space to sign Hall and add young cost controlled solid assets.

As for the Devils, they’d be getting a proven superstar to pair with Hischier or Hughes. This is how you take advantage of cap space. The Subban trade was alright and the pieces wouldn’t be as insignificant but Gaudreau is a legit superstar, which wasn’t the case with PK.

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
Does everyone forget that Kinkaid also had to go insane to get the Devils into the playoffs? Like, 11-2 with 10 games above a .91 sv% since the beginning of March good? Or 19-6 after Schneider goes down with a groin strain? Dude popped off when he needed to to get the Devils in the playoffs, saying it was all Hall is a disservice to Kinkaid and his play down the stretch

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
Ok, he carried his team to the playoffs....and the next year?

Let me tell you what, I think happened: He is always what I stated he is. Maybe its Edmonton (of that time) stink.
He was so happy to get out of EDM, he flourished. Then he gets traded and the Devs flourished, the Yotes sagged.

His Hart trophy is like when Kulemin and Clarkson scored 30-a one season wonder.
The difference is they are both complementary players Hall isn’t. Hall isn’t elite at using his teammates he’s elite at creating scoring chances individually.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Ok, he carried his team to the playoffs....and the next year?

Let me tell you what, I think happened: He is always what I stated he is. Maybe its Edmonton (of that time) stink.
He was so happy to get out of EDM, he flourished. Then he gets traded and the Devs flourished, the Yotes sagged.

His Hart trophy is like when Kulemin and Clarkson scored 30-a one season wonder.
So Hall was supposed to carry those horrid Oiler and Devil teams each year? Explain to me how it's on Hall that both Edmonton and Jersey sucked ass before and after he was traded? Arizona slipped a bit but by no means were they bottom feeding.

It's hardly his fault he's been one of the best LW's in the NHL for a good number of years on really bad teams.

Comparing Hall to Clarkson or Kulemin in any manner is ridiculous. You said he's brought down every team he's played for. He won a hart a dragged one to the playoffs. That's the exact opposite of what you said and you acknowledged it. Move the posts all you want.

ManByng

It's Me OilTastic
Aug 4, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta
I bet it's Philly or Buffalo, maybe NYR as a long shot.

Report: Eastern Conference Team Trying To Trade For Johnny Gaudreau.

If true, the Flames are a better team with Hall than Johnny.

it would depend on who offers the most and yes the Devils would certainly be interested simply not just because he's from Salem, NJ. but because they are likely wanting to replace Hall. there is definitely a problem with the mix in Calgary and maybe a trade like this could benefit both teams? o_O

Reactions: Flyer lurker

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
I don’t think Miller has that type of value, would probably take quite a bit more, Miller is going to be good but he had a down year
Miller is still a top 40-50 prospect. IF Flames goal is to get prospects/picks so they sign Hall and the Flames needing D Miller or Lundkvist would make sense.
Now could Flyers top by trading Frost? Absolutely.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
NJ:
Gaudreau

Calgary:
Damon Severson
Jesper Boqvist
Jeremy Groleau
2020 AZ First Round Pick (2020 Top 3 protected for AZ)

I’m really not a Severson fan but there’s no way we’re trading him for a forward. Do you know who else we’d have on defence if that deal went down?

We have to give up a cost controlled forward the other way and futures to make this work. Bratt would be a player I’d gladly sacrifice, as well futures to land Gaudreau in NJ.

Hally BlackWood

Jul 31, 2010
Thunder Bay
I don’t see the devils parting with the pieces it would take to land him based on these offers. I’d rather sit with the picks draft. Wait for a teams to get desperate with the upcoming lottery and use our financial muscle to score good players for dirt cheap. We have a opportunity to draft a high pick this year , which could be a forward then use the other two picks for defence which we desperately need to fill the pipeline with prospects.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Miller is still a top 40-50 prospect. IF Flames goal is to get prospects/picks so they sign Hall and the Flames needing D Miller or Lundkvist would make sense.

There are great prospect/pick packages from NJ, Philly, and NYR that can be made.

I'd love a 2020 1st (CAR) + Lundkvist + Buchnevich for Gaudreau from NYR.

NJ:
Gaudreau

Calgary:
Damon Severson
Jesper Boqvist
Jeremy Groleau
2020 AZ First Round Pick (2020 Top 3 protected for AZ)

That's way too much coming NJ. I'd accept this as a Flames fan and then run away with it.

An ideal offer would be AZ's 1st + Bratt or Gusev (whomever NJ wants to part with more) + Boqvist for Gaudreau + cond. 2023 2nd (given to NJ if Gaudreau doesn't re-sign there). If Gaudreau re-signs, then Calgary gets a 2023 2nd.

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
If Johnny does move to either NJ, Phi, NY it would be with a handshake deal in place for his next contract, no doubt about it. Of course, having said that there is still the risk that things don't work out and he doesn't want to remain there.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018

Lundkvist is a better prospect than Frost, so what else are the Flyers offering ?

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Lundkvist is a better prospect than Frost, so what else are the Flyers offering ?
I would disagree with Frost not better but close enough not to argue about. The difference between Lundkvist and Frost is not the deciding factor.

The suggestion(think flames fan) threw out was Frost, Myers and 1. And with the Flames potentially losing 2 D-men in free agency Myers makes so much sense.

The issue is the cap.

Its the same with Rangers offer on board. Miller, Buch,and 1 is very fair offer. But how do rangers have enough cash to add Johnny, trade for 2c/retain Strome, and add a stay at home d (maybe 2 depending on moving on from Smith and Staal). Buying out Staal or Hank helps but it doesn't solve all.

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019
Probably won't be the Flyers. We don't have the cap space to do it. Plus, Flyers and Flames fans have gotten about as close as the MLB negotiations to restart their season.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Per you or actual hockey people? I ask because in the Hockey Writers NHL's Top 100 prospect list (from midseason 2019-20) Frost is ranked higher than Lundkvist.

If I found the same article, an article written in January of this year, then there's a lot wrong with that article.

I would disagree with Frost not better but close enough not to argue about. The difference between Lundkvist and Frost is not the deciding factor.

The suggestion(think flames fan) threw out was Frost, Myers and 1. And with the Flames potentially losing 2 D-men in free agency Myers makes so much sense.

The issue is the cap.

Its the same with Rangers offer on board. Miller, Buch,and 1 is very fair offer. But how do rangers have enough cash to add Johnny, trade for 2c/retain Strome, and add a stay at home d (maybe 2 depending on moving on from Smith and Staal). Buying out Staal or Hank helps but it doesn't solve all.

Between these trades, I'd take the flyers one unless Lundkvist is involved.

Flyers would have an easier time to fit in Gaudreau money wise with Patrick and Lindblom to sign given their unfortunate seasons neither is likely to cost too much..

I saw it as the flyers offer Frost to top Lundkvist, Buchenvich and a 1st and I felt that couldn't be it. Frost is a solid prospect, but not good enough to trump that.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
They need an entire 2nd line, or you would rather see Reinhart and Olofsson on the 2nd line then they would need 2 top line wingers and a #2 center.

in either case you need at least 3 top 6 forwards, and injury happens so You're going to want 4 or 5 more capable top 6 forwards in case somebody gets hurt.

Yes that does mean you want at least 1 guy capable of being in the top 6 on the 3rd line

No, we don't. Skinner and Olofsson make for 2 scoring line LWs. Johansson and Kahun can go in that mix also. LW is the only forward position we're legitimately set at. We need a pair of middle 6 centers and another half-decent RW to slot behind Reinhart. Again, Gaudreau ain't it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad