Eklund Rumor: New Jersey interested in Gaudreau

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
I don’t think it’s NYR. Possibly the Islanders since they need some scoring. Your link says NJD but if I was NJ I’d try and add some size to that forward corps not bring in another small player [MOD]

Last edited by a moderator:

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Nice title, apparently it's New Jersey, lol.

And no, the Flames are not a better team with Hall over Gaudreau, they're pretty much the same value and put up roughly the same amount of points. It would be a lateral move, but that is fine because we are getting picks. A lot relies on Hall signing in Calgary though.

Reactions: Foo Fighter

RememberTheName

Conductor of the Schmid Bandwagon
Jan 5, 2016
On Earth
I feel like NJ does make sense, although that would make like 5 of our top 6 players 5'11" or below and one of our biggest concerns is size. We would have Bratt, Gusev, Hughes, Gaudreau, and Palmieri standing at 5'11" or below, and I am not sure that would be the way to build a winning team.

BB06

Jun 1, 2020
If Hall signs with Calgary I’d retool the shit out of them.

Move Gaudreau for assets

Assets acquired in Gaudeeau+Monahan for Eichel

Hall-Eichel
Tkachuck-Lindholm

would be a sick base for building a good top 6.

Reactions: Muffinalt

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario

Move Gaudreau for assets

Hall-Eichel
Tkachuck-Lindholm

What do you plan on getting for Gaudreau?

Acquiring Eichel would not be easy whatsoever.

Jerzey Devil

Jerzey-Duz-It
Jun 11, 2010
St. Augustine, FL
I feel like NJ does make sense, although that would make like 5 of our top 6 players 5'11" or below and one of our biggest concerns is size. We would have Bratt, Gusev, Hughes, Gaudreau, and Palmieri standing at 5'11" or below, and I am not sure that would be the way to build a winning team.

Could be that one of Bratt, Goose, or Palms would be going to Calgary so Gaudreau would just be replacing them.

Reactions: deflowd

BB06

Jun 1, 2020
What do you plan on getting for Gaudreau?

Acquiring Eichel would not be easy whatsoever.

Probably a 1st+Prospect+Roster player. You don't think

Monahan+1st+prospect+Roster winger for Eichel would get it done? This is ofc assuming Eichel gets traded which I doubt he does.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I see how Botterill trade Reinhart+ for Gaudreau, then doesn’t even look for 2C and signs some RW in free agency. He is in agony.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Could be that one of Bratt, Goose, or Palms would be going to Calgary so Gaudreau would just be replacing them.

Well, many NJ fans want to keep Palms, plus, I don't think he would waive to Calgary. The other two mentioned are smallish wingers, but they'd be a decent fit as a middle 6 winger in Calgary. I know Gusev received a lot of flack from NJ fans originally, but it seemed like he was starting to really light it up before the break. Same as Bratt. Which one would NJ be willing to part with more? I like both of them, but it depends on your view of Gusev I suppose. Would he re-sign in New Jersey? Would Bratt be the better long term option for the rebuilding team, even though he may be the lesser valued player in comparison to Gusev?

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018

Move Gaudreau for assets

Hall-Eichel
Tkachuck-Lindholm

Hall - Eichel - Tkatchuk would be a sick top line.

Just imagine the rivalry with Edmonton, Hall returning to Alberta, Eichel vs McDavid, Tkatchuk being Tkatchuk.

They gotta do this now and I don't accept anything else lol

Reactions: Rockmorton

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
The Islanders should be all over this. Move whoever you need to move to make it work.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
IF He ever became available Buffalo should be all over this, they have to give Eichel something to work with he wouldn't be enough but he'd be a start

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
If he lands in Buffalo, Eichel isn't the guy going the other way. You can build that out, but this would be the deal they make to figure that out. Man that Skinner deal hurts them. But Cozens, their first this year and some roster pieces for Johnny Hockey would be bold. It would be a big gamble by Buffalo, but Eichel couldn't be upset that they took that kind of crack, especially since they have been money together in the brief times they have lined up. Maybe Risto is the roster player and Calgary really does some makeovers by dealing a big d-man.

I don't know this has a lot of sliding pieces. But I don't think Buffalo deals Eichel yet, sorry I know that is all Flames fans will do here, but I just don't see that happening even with Johnny Hockey involved and trying to build more pieces. They are going to try something else and I believe he won't ask out just yet, this would be their last swing with him though so I would hope it works out with Sabres fans because if it falls flat in a couple years I do think he would be asking out.

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
Probably a 1st+Prospect+Roster player. You don't think

Monahan+1st+prospect+Roster winger for Eichel would get it done? This is ofc assuming Eichel gets traded which I doubt he does.
No, I dont think that gets it done.

Why doesnt that said team just throw in a Monahan type player and get Eichel themselves? Either way, insufficient value.

Jerzey Devil

Jerzey-Duz-It
Jun 11, 2010
St. Augustine, FL
Well, many NJ fans want to keep Palms, plus, I don't think he would waive to Calgary. The other two mentioned are smallish wingers, but they'd be a decent fit as a middle 6 winger in Calgary. I know Gusev received a lot of flack from NJ fans originally, but it seemed like he was starting to really light it up before the break. Same as Bratt. Which one would NJ be willing to part with more? I like both of them, but it depends on your view of Gusev I suppose. Would he re-sign in New Jersey? Would Bratt be the better long term option for the rebuilding team, even though he may be the lesser valued player in comparison to Gusev?

It would be hard to give up either one but Goose is probably more suited for a playoff team and Bratt for a rebuilding team. Bratt is still a little raw and Goose has been playing at a high level for a while now.

Pitaya

Prince of the Alps, Nico Hischier
Dec 14, 2019
I don’t think it’s NYR. Possibly the Islanders since they need some scoring. Your link says NJD but if I was NJ I’d try and add some size to that forward corps not bring in another twink.
I think Hall lands in NYI unless Gaudreau is moved

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad