GDT: New Jersey Devils v. New York Rangers 7PM MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devs4L

Mar 8, 2006
If our PK was anything better than horse ****, and Zidlicky doesn't have one of the worst giveaways of the season, we're not even talking about the fact that Zubrus and Clowe were on the ice together in the OT.

Goals 2 and 3 are the issue. They're the story. Not the 4th. The team simply needs to play better in those spots. Greene was a mess on that 3rd goal. Deboer can't go out there and make them play better in those situations.

Zelmo

Jun 18, 2012
Woodstock, GA
If you're looking for whats wrong with Patty, it's wearing #8. Zubs AND Sal need to sit for at least one game. I know it'll never happen...but it should. I'd rather have Tuomo or even Bernier in there (if PDB is hell bent on putting a 'banger' with him. Reid if they want a skilled player).

Also, JMO but I felt the team missed Gelinas tonight, especially in OT. PDB will play Eric on a regular shift and at least he plays him in OT whereas Larsson wasn't getting a sniff - if the game had gone the full 5mins.

UGH! What a craptacular loss

EnglishDevil

Nov 11, 2009
London, UK & Chicago, US
All in all, I dont mind 1 bit that we lost. The game itself isnt the issue. We outplayed the Rangers like we always do, and i think they downgraded from last year.

But we found a way to lose, thanks to mainly Pete and the D Pairing of Sal/Zid.

I'm just tired of losing the same way as we have the last two years. Blown leads, bad personnel decisions; there are more bright spots on this team than in years past absolutely, but at the end of the day our coach seems either unable to adapt or unwilling to make the necessary adjustments to make our team competitive again.

Are we going to win the cup? No. But we're better than this crap. Hold the veterans accountable, stop overplaying mediocre players who CLEARLY haven't gotten it done for the last two years. If the likes of Gionta, Salvador (and until Lou banished them Harrold and Bernier) are so god damn good then why haven't we been in the playoffs the last two years? Just accept that they aren't good enough and give the other players a fair chance, they aren't going to do any worse.

If he continues to try the same thing week in week out and it doesn't work, that's not on the players, that's just abysmal coaching.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Brunner might be a good fit on the top line. Too bad we have to keep a guy up there, who has 1 point in 6 games this season. But I thought Zubrus was injured last year? Stick a fork in him, he's finished.

He needs to produce more than 1 point every 6 games. This is the pace he produced at for the end of last season. That's why I complain about him so much.

He needs to be on the 4th line until there are injuries. He's not doing squat offensively.

Devilsfanatic0421

"You're next"
Feb 24, 2012
Been reading here for a while, first time posting.

Thoughts are as follows. Clearly the better team won. This team is old and slow and 5 on 5 didn't do much to stand out. 3 power play goals was definitely a positive. Ironically our best player was Brunner, a guy who's spent half the season in the press box so Jordan Tootoo can get ice time.

Larsson again gets glued to the bench so worthless vets can cough up leads late.

Many fans here seem guilty of the "Deboer syndrome" defined as extreme favoritism with no regard for reality. All the ungrateful Brodeur haters who cursed his name out of town seem to conveniently excuse Cory's awful play. Where are all you save % junkies now? Guy's giving up 3,4,5 goals a night, and yea, that save percentage is terrible, worse than Brodeur's and what's important is he isnt even winning anymore regularly than the washed up legend was.

Deboer needs to go. Told my season ticket rep he singlehandedly was the reason I almost did not renew my tickets. Can not support incompetence. Gave in because I can not do without hockey. Then they go sign this clown to an extension, he sits our 4th overall pick so Salvador can put on a display of uselessness. Carter doesnt get resigned so Gionta can get double shifts with Elias on the first line with a minute left during crunch time.. SO on and so forth

At the end of the day I am a die hard hockey fan, been a huge Devils fan for 15+ years, and at this point enjoy the entertainment of the game more than being one of those "win at all costs" fans. Game was entertaining, they got a point, all in all not bad. God forbid they stop letting the coach self sabotage they may actually be a little more competitive.

And one more note, clearly all of the "new managements" exciting and revolutionary tricks are paying dividends. Gouging us for our tickets, killing the secondary market, and seating 14k for the first of 2 games against the Rangers. Dont know what they had San Jose as, but as someone who was there, it clearly wasnt a sellout either...

2 goals on our awful PK, 1 goal after a ridiculous TO, partial break in OT. GTFOH.

Our D is a disaster.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ

Thoughts are as follows. Clearly the better team won. This team is old and slow and 5 on 5 didn't do much to stand out. 3 power play goals was definitely a positive. Ironically our best player was Brunner, a guy who's spent half the season in the press box so Jordan Tootoo can get ice time.

Larsson again gets glued to the bench so worthless vets can cough up leads late.

Many fans here seem guilty of the "Deboer syndrome" defined as extreme favoritism with no regard for reality. All the ungrateful Brodeur haters who cursed his name out of town seem to conveniently excuse Cory's awful play. Where are all you save % junkies now? Guy's giving up 3,4,5 goals a night, and yea, that save percentage is terrible, worse than Brodeur's and what's important is he isnt even winning anymore regularly than the washed up legend was.

Deboer needs to go. Told my season ticket rep he singlehandedly was the reason I almost did not renew my tickets. Can not support incompetence. Gave in because I can not do without hockey. Then they go sign this clown to an extension, he sits our 4th overall pick so Salvador can put on a display of uselessness. Carter doesnt get resigned so Gionta can get double shifts with Elias on the first line with a minute left during crunch time.. SO on and so forth

At the end of the day I am a die hard hockey fan, been a huge Devils fan for 15+ years, and at this point enjoy the entertainment of the game more than being one of those "win at all costs" fans. Game was entertaining, they got a point, all in all not bad. God forbid they stop letting the coach self sabotage they may actually be a little more competitive.

And one more note, clearly all of the "new managements" exciting and revolutionary tricks are paying dividends. Gouging us for our tickets, killing the secondary market, and seating 14k for the first of 2 games against the Rangers. Dont know what they had San Jose as, but as someone who was there, it clearly wasnt a sellout either...

Sample size.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I was mainly blaming the pairing.. I thought all day they were poor. Sal didnt have anything really stand out, Im just lumping them out together.

If we won on Saturday I would say eff it we played better and lost, but its aggravating when they did everything they needed to win this game in the 1st two periods, then found a way to lose it at the ned.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
I'm just tired of losing the same way as we have the last two years. Blown leads, bad personnel decisions; there are more bright spots on this team than in years past absolutely, but at the end of the day our coach seems either unable to adapt or unwilling to make the necessary adjustments to make our team competitive again.

Are we going to win the cup? No. But we're better than this crap. Hold the veterans accountable, stop overplaying mediocre players who CLEARLY haven't gotten it done for the last two years. If the likes of Gionta, Salvador (and until Lou banished them Harrold and Bernier) are so god damn good then why haven't we been in the playoffs the last two years? Just accept that they aren't good enough and give the other players a fair chance, they aren't going to do any worse.

If he continues to try the same thing week in week out and it doesn't work, that's not on the players, that's just abysmal coaching.

He will try the same thing week in and week out... We have seen it for 2 straight years

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
HE NEVER GETS A PROPER CHANCE TO DO ANYTHING!!!!!!!!

He is set up to fail 90 percent of the time and castigated when something doesn't go right when he's on the ice even if he's not directly responsible.

He gets no opportunity to let loose and flash his skills.

Listen, on some level I agree with you that the way Pete has jerked him around has led us to this fork in the road right now. But just watching the game, he has no confidence and he's just kind of "there". I've reached the point where I think the best thing for the team and for Adam is a new environment. There's too much baggage here with Pete. He needs a new slate and a new opportunity and at this point I don't think he'll get it here.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
Brunner might be a good fit on the top line. Too bad we have to keep a guy up there, who has 1 point in 6 games this season. But I thought Zubrus was injured last year? Stick a fork in him, he's finished.

He needs to produce more than 1 point every 6 games. This is the pace he produced at for the end of last season. That's why I complain about him so much.

He needs to be on the 4th line until there are injuries. He's not doing squat offensively.

Brunner did play one shift on the line I think.

GDDevils*

He was very good tonight...he goes behind the net and constantly wins the battle for the puck, he's always in good position and I can't recall a single instance of the typical rookie wandering and getting lost in his own zone...

Severson has been great. He has been and was tonight far better than Andy Greene. Think about that for a second.

I guess we'll have to disagree. I think this was his worst game yet. And I don't like that he couldn't learn from his mistakes with the passes in front of the net. Its only by luck he didn't cost us a goal or two.

On the opposite side Larsson played a solid game for his paultry 12 minutes but is getting critisised for his one and only turn over. These boards really have tunnel vision sometimes.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I actually though Salvador had a decent game by his standards. That's not exactly good, it's just not awful.

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
All in all, I dont mind 1 bit that we lost. The game itself isnt the issue. We outplayed the Rangers like we always do, and i think they downgraded from last year.

But we found a way to lose, thanks to mainly Pete and the D Pairing of Sal/Zid.

the bad news is these guys are gonna be here all season

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.

The Brunner part I liked.

Also the thing you said about Deboer.

EnglishDevil

Nov 11, 2009
London, UK & Chicago, US
He will try the same thing week in and week out... We have seen it for 2 straight years

That is why he needs to go. It's either stubbornness/unwillingness, both are which are inexcusable, or he simply isn't a good enough coach to make the necessary adjustments. Regardless of which it is, both are sufficient reasons for me to be certain he needs to be gone. He's a bottom 5 coach in the NHL at best, probably bottom 3.

RJK

Feb 25, 2010
NC
we all went "this is bad" when we saw the clowe zubie combo in OT...we were right and this bonehead coach was wrong. another L another multiple goal 3rd period lead gone. maybe Lou will wake up at some point this season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad