GDT: New Jersey Devils v. New York Rangers 7PM MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
He has been great, but not tonight. I'm tired of feeling like I have to root against any of our young guys so that they all get playing time. After the last few games I think zid should have a game or two off and let all the kids play. Wishful thinking I guess. Hopefully Larsson gets at least another game and a few more minutes to prove himself though.
He was very good tonight...he goes behind the net and constantly wins the battle for the puck, he's always in good position and I can't recall a single instance of the typical rookie wandering and getting lost in his own zone...

Severson has been great. He has been and was tonight far better than Andy Greene. Think about that for a second.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
But it is true... Larsson was benched multiple times for Zidlicky when Larsson was playing much better

Sorry, but how exactly are you quantifying this? Larsson did nothing all game. Zidlicky royally screwed us with that Pejorative Slured pass and if you ask me who I want out there to win a tie game it's still him.

Traitor Zach

Released from Glory
Jan 29, 2012
Northeast
I hope you saw more than Gio sucking because there was a bunch to see.

Andy Greene was terrible. Salvador was his usual bad self. Zidlicky was such a turnover machine, he could open up a bakery in the Pru next game.

Zubrus is close to being washed up. His wheels are going, if they havent gone already. Elias is MIA as others have said.

Schneider was okay, not great.

Devilsfanatic0421

"You're next"
Feb 24, 2012
How predictable is a Devils blown 2 goal lead, seriously.

So tired of this team under this coach. Time to move on already.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
He was very good tonight...he goes behind the net and constantly wins the battle for the puck, he's always in good position and I can't recall a single instance of the typical rookie wandering and getting lost in his own zone...

Severson has been great. He has been and was tonight far better than Andy Greene.

He's been better than Greene all season

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
All in all, I dont mind 1 bit that we lost. The game itself isnt the issue. We outplayed the Rangers like we always do, and i think they downgraded from last year.

But we found a way to lose, thanks to mainly Pete and the D Pairing of Sal/Zid.

vtdevils2k

"Lets Go Baby!"
Dec 16, 2013
Virginia

Severson has been great. He has been and was tonight far better than Andy Greene. Think about that for a second.

I don't think its a stretch to say he's played better than Greene this season.

wellonegm05*

Been reading here for a while, first time posting.

Thoughts are as follows. Clearly the better team won. This team is old and slow and 5 on 5 didn't do much to stand out. 3 power play goals was definitely a positive. Ironically our best player was Brunner, a guy who's spent half the season in the press box so Jordan Tootoo can get ice time.

Larsson again gets glued to the bench so worthless vets can cough up leads late.

Many fans here seem guilty of the "Deboer syndrome" defined as extreme favoritism with no regard for reality. All the ungrateful Brodeur haters who cursed his name out of town seem to conveniently excuse Cory's awful play. Where are all you save % junkies now? Guy's giving up 3,4,5 goals a night, and yea, that save percentage is terrible, worse than Brodeur's and what's important is he isnt even winning anymore regularly than the washed up legend was.

Deboer needs to go. Told my season ticket rep he singlehandedly was the reason I almost did not renew my tickets. Can not support incompetence. Gave in because I can not do without hockey. Then they go sign this clown to an extension, he sits our 4th overall pick so Salvador can put on a display of uselessness. Carter doesnt get resigned so Gionta can get double shifts with Elias on the first line with a minute left during crunch time.. SO on and so forth

At the end of the day I am a die hard hockey fan, been a huge Devils fan for 15+ years, and at this point enjoy the entertainment of the game more than being one of those "win at all costs" fans. Game was entertaining, they got a point, all in all not bad. God forbid they stop letting the coach self sabotage they may actually be a little more competitive.

And one more note, clearly all of the "new managements" exciting and revolutionary tricks are paying dividends. Gouging us for our tickets, killing the secondary market, and seating 14k for the first of 2 games against the Rangers. Dont know what they had San Jose as, but as someone who was there, it clearly wasnt a sellout either...

Last edited by a moderator:

Traitor Zach

Released from Glory
Jan 29, 2012
Northeast
Sorry, but how exactly are you quantifying this? Larsson did nothing all game. Zidlicky royally screwed us with that Pejorative Slured pass and if you ask me who I want out there to win a tie game it's still him.

HE NEVER GETS A PROPER CHANCE TO DO ANYTHING!!!!!!!!

He is set up to fail 90 percent of the time and castigated when something doesn't go right when he's on the ice even if he's not directly responsible.

He gets no opportunity to let loose and flash his skills.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
All in all, I dont mind 1 bit that we lost. The game itself isnt the issue. We outplayed the Rangers like we always do, and i think they downgraded from last year.

But we found a way to lose, thanks to mainly Pete and the D Pairing of Sal/Zid.

Sal did nothing wrong tonight, grinding the axe against him just looks biased.

Zids was irresponsible, especially in the third, but the biggest problem was the PK. They kill that delay of game, they win this game.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
This is system! This is even strength shots attempted. Notice how for the Devils it drops off dramatically after the 3-1 goal and then rises back up after it is tied. They play very passive when having a lead, and this is a big reason why they blow leads.

Twice in 6 games now they have blown multi-goal leads in a game.

Attachments

• devils-graph.jpg
    devils-graph.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 6

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey

Zids was irresponsible, especially in the third, but the biggest problem was the PK. They kill that delay of game, they win this game.

I was mainly blaming the pairing.. I thought all day they were poor. Sal didnt have anything really stand out, Im just lumping them out together.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA

which Salvador plays on the 1st pairing of.

theoptimist

Trade Siegenthaler
Apr 22, 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
Regardless of tonight's loss, I love watching Severson play. He'll probably be the only reason I continue watching Devils' games. Has the qualities to be an impact player in the coming years.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ

Larsson was being benched for Zidlicky throughout the whole game and Zidlicky was by far the worst player the whole time. Larsson only played 12:30

Traitor Zach

Released from Glory
Jan 29, 2012
Northeast

He was on ice flopping like a fish when Nash ran through and got a rebound on his goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad