GDT: New Jersey Devils v. New York Rangers 7PM MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

vtdevils2k

"Lets Go Baby!"
Dec 16, 2013
Virginia
Were Fayne and Volch THAT much difference makers on the PK? Is this a big reason why we're so terrible guys on the PK?

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Blah blah blah... Pete sucks... Blah blah blah.. Salvador is terrible... Blah blah blah gio sucks... Blah blah blah.. Pete hates Larsson.. Blah blah blah the sky is falling

I don't know man...

That whole Clowe out there on the 4v4 has shaken my confidence.

GDDevils*

Severson is incredible. I agree some of those passes make me squirm in my seat but he has been phenomenal.

He has been great, but not tonight. I'm tired of feeling like I have to root against any of our young guys so that they all get playing time. After the last few games I think zid should have a game or two off and let all the kids play. Wishful thinking I guess. Hopefully Larsson gets at least another game and a few more minutes to prove himself though.

EnglishDevil

Nov 11, 2009
London, UK & Chicago, US
Were Fayne and Volch THAT much difference makers on the PK? Is this a big reason why we're so terrible guys on the PK?

Volchenkov was better than Salvador; and Fayne was the reason neither of them had to play significant minutes on the PK.

We didn't replace Fayne with anyone at all; just more youngsters who PDB doesn't trust on the PK. All we did was give Salvador those minutes; and Salvador unsurprisingly sucks because he's slow, bad with the puck and isn't an NHL player anymore.

I'm convinced Larsson and Severson could both do a better PK job than Salvador has, i mean holy hell it can't get any worse can it? We're already conceding literally every PK.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
What in the world are you talking about? The devils were the better team most of the night.

They possessed the puck more, but I don't know how many more real quality chances they had than NY. In the end, speed and skill won the day, as is the norm in this NHL. Frankly, the better team won. Even if the rags weren't at their best, they are simply a better team than the Devils. The better team generally comes out on top, even if the other team outworks them for stretches.

These veteran forwards and veteran D are killing things right now. Half the guys seem uninspired, the other half are too slow to look inspired if they tried. Greene is kind of a mess, Zids IS a mess, Sal was OK tonight but has been mediocre as a whole, Elias has been MIA all season, Jagr looks old, Clowe is too slow to be a real threat, Zubrus is playing OK but is just not a top 6 player anymore... The best thing going right now are the kids on D, Brunner and Cami. Otherwise the team just is very underwhelming. Old and slow and that kills their ability to create anything offensively as well as destroys their ability to have an effective PK.

But again, that was to be expected. It's just frustrating to watch it happen. I mean, blame Deboer all you want for putting two slugs out there in OT, but when 3/4 of your forwards are slugs, odds are you are gonna have to throw two of them out there at some point.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
It's funny because the system Pete runs is really solid, so to be such a ****** coach at the end of the day everything else he does has to be so incredibly Pejorative Slured it's crazy.

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA
**** you you bald headed clown you will be saying the same **** mid season. Go the hell away

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
be better off with one of us behind the bench......sad but i honestly wouldnt doubt that some of us around here could do better things with that team.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Blah blah blah... Pete sucks... Blah blah blah.. Salvador is terrible... Blah blah blah gio sucks... Blah blah blah.. Pete hates Larsson.. Blah blah blah the sky is falling

But it is true... Larsson was benched multiple times for Zidlicky when Larsson was playing much better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad