GDT: New Jersey Devils @ Toronto Maple Leaves 04/15/2013 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devils86

Apr 8, 2008
But the casual fans? When we have average at best teams for a 3-5 year stint? They're gone.

It'll be an interesting time to say the least though.

I think it depends..If its a young team that people can identify with and a I think it will grow. henrique, larsson, Loki, Merrill, Gelinas,Urbom, Boucher, Matteau, New High Draft Guy, sprinkled in with some vets Elias, Clarkson, Kovy,Zajac and a few new players.Because we've always been competitive we rarely have those young players to follow they get lost in the mix , Looks like a team worth rooting for.

cj225

Work in Progress...
Dec 6, 2006
NJ
notorious troll with my 42 posts? come on now!

cj knows me and can vouch for me!

I may know who you are...but I will NEVER vouch for you. You troll on here, you trolled on the ESPN boards. Don't expect sympathy or me to agree with you at all on anything.

Don't drag me into your nonsense either.

NJ CUP*

lol how did i troll on espn?

because i dont drink the lou-aide?

spot on with that triangle park bet too!

how am i trolling anyway

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey
lol how did i troll on espn?

because i dont drink the lou-aide?

spot on with that triangle park bet too!

how am i trolling anyway

Get on topic. This goes for everyone. You can argue this elsewhere.

If you're off topic, you'll be removed from the discussion.

Nick0930

Mar 16, 2011
Quebec
thats fine....still should've made the save. sorry but we are talking about the "greatest" goalie of all time right? its not like mario beat him with that shot last night. heck it wasnt even sid. we are talking about phil kessel yes hes good but marty is the "greatest" should've made the save

Agreed. If Gretzky was really the ''greatest'', why was he a -23 with just 9 goals in 1998-99?

Nick0930

Mar 16, 2011
Quebec
What? Nevermind, you didn't understand my post and I won't explain it to a guy like you.

Anyways, even Hasek in his prime years (Considered the greatest prime of all-time for goalies) let in some weak goals (Which Kessel's wasn't).

NJ CUP*

i just didnt understand what wayne had to do with the post so your right please dont explain it to me

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
You guys deserved the win, or at least a point last night.

Unfortunately, losing streaks of this magnitude tend to take on a life their own, and it might take a couple of games like last night before the breaks start going your way again.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA

Unfortunately, losing streaks of this magnitude tend to take on a life their own, and it might take a couple of games like last night before the breaks start going your way again.

its been an entire season of games similar to last night, albeit not as extreme lol

we've come to terms that this just isn't our year.

NJ CUP*

its not about breaks or puck luck. its just comes down to skill...devils dont have any. its a bunch of 3rd line talent throwing weak shots at net. king slayer a prime example last night. alone in front he has to lift the puck. basic hockey 101. instead he throws it along the ice. sullivan getting that perfect cross crease pass in the first and he flubs it. but i'm not expecting a guy like sullivan to pot that...maybe 10 years ago but not now

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012

It's time to give up on the season anyway. We are proud of the consistent effort put in trying to win, but concerned with the lack of skills and talent out there.

Perfect timing to get a high draft pick.

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey
its not about breaks or puck luck. its just comes down to skill...devils dont have any. its a bunch of 3rd line talent throwing weak shots at net. king slayer a prime example last night. alone in front he has to lift the puck. basic hockey 101. instead he throws it along the ice. sullivan getting that perfect cross crease pass in the first and he flubs it. but i'm not expecting a guy like sullivan to pot that...maybe 10 years ago but not now

I thought you said that the loss was Marty's fault?

NJ CUP*

I thought you said that the loss was Marty's fault?

never once did. said he gave up a bad goal and that i blame him for. the loss? no it wasn't his fault the team lost. but it was a bad goal he gave up imo

blaming him for the loss and blaming him for a soft goal are 2 different things

Nick0930

Mar 16, 2011
Quebec
53 assists, 62 points in 70 games....

Which is really a down season for him if he's supposed to be the greatest. Besides, why are you defending the troll?
----
I remember Clarkson doing pretty well at deflecting shots earlier this season. What happened? Now it's just shots from the blue line.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
so if Marty played til hes 50 and is giving up 5 goals per game, he wouldnt be the greatest of all time anymore?

thats silly logic.

just because he isnt good at 40 doesn't mean he wasnt/isn't the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad