New head coach

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
konowalchuk was fired

considering he made the PP worse i'd say it was a good move. do we even have any assistant coaches?

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Good to see Konowalchuk gone. Not sure why they didn't just can him the same time as Yawney. Guess it doesn't matter. Obviously RC is the one we all want gone but Kono was a complete negative

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Good to see Konowalchuk gone. Not sure why they didn't just can him the same time as Yawney. Guess it doesn't matter. Obviously RC is the one we all want gone but Kono was a complete negative

I kinda wonder if the Yawney dismissal was more about letting him get a jump on another job than an actual firing. Like, they liked Wilford, didn't want to bring Yawney back, but got that out of the way quickly so he could go to Edmonton.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
I know Eakins is probably quite high in the list of candidates, but I wonder if Guy Boucher is at least considered for the job? Despite how things ended up in Tampa and Ottawa, he has had some success as a coach (two ECF appearances, both game 7 losses), plus people still seem to have a positive opinion of him...

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Given there's been criticisms of Boucher's handling of young players, I'd like to think Anaheim would stay far, far away from him.

So of course I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up in Anaheim next season :laugh:

Reactions: Exit Dose
Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
Best thing about Boucher is that it comes with a 4th line center in Tom Pyatt too. We need those. Anyway, wasn't there a fresher coaching thread somewhere around here too?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad