New Head Coach search

ndkjr70

Jan 30, 2023
lookin at pictures of andrew brunette behind the predators bench like im lookin at pictures of my ex who got a stellar boob job 3 weeks after we broke up.

baby come back

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
It would be the most tone deaf thing ever if they gave Brunette a ''Welcome back'' segment like they give any player who even sat in the locker room here.

Did they do one for Nas last year when he came back?

If there's enough people even there tonight (Western conference team typically aren't a huge draw and people are checked out) you might even get a ''WE WANT BRUNO!'' chant from a few people.

That would be one of the more embarrassing moments of the season.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
There are a lot of better options than Bylsma.
I’m not advocating for Bylsma (yet) and it would leave a bit of a bad taste with the Pittsburgh connection…but how many better options are actually ‘available’ atm? You can debate Berube and even Boudreau on overall record, what else that’s a known quantity who isn’t a psychopath?

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
It would be the most tone deaf thing ever if they gave Brunette a ''Welcome back'' segment like they give any player who even sat in the locker room here.

Did they do one for Nas last year when he came back?

If there's enough people even there tonight (Western conference team typically aren't a huge draw and people are checked out) you might even get a ''WE WANT BRUNO!'' chant from a few people.

That would be one of the more embarrassing moments of the season.
I hope they’d be smarter than that, especially after Brunette got cheered on Opening Night LAST year before the infamous Lindy boos

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I hope they’d be smarter than that, especially after Brunette got cheered on Opening Night LAST year before the infamous Lindy boos
I forgot all about the cheering for him last year, when he was announced right before Lindy who got booed.

That doesn't help the sting of letting him go.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Seeing how the playoff race it turning out...

I think there's a good chance Ruff would have been able to drag this team to the playoffs.
Team fell off quite a bit around new years, but they reallllyyyyyy bottomed out with Green.

Or we are bottomING out with him. Who knows if we've even hit rock bottom yet.

I have no clue what they're doing under Green, but the numbers of everything have gotten worse under Green. Ironically, the goaltending is the only thing that improved. Probably because we acquired a couple of guys that weren't here for most of the year. Guys Ruff had no opportunity to use. The one thing that was a consistent sore spot all year before we traded for the current goalies, just several days after Ruff got fired.

We had dreadful games at the end with Lindy, but we've been just woefully bad under Green. He's one of the worst head coaches in recent time, which we knew that before he became a head coach here or before he even worked here.

And that shot differential of -28 in the 3rd period over the last four 3rd periods combined, along with a -12 goal differential is enough to spook you.

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Team fell off quite a bit around new years, but they reallllyyyyyy bottomed out with Green.

Or we are bottomING out with him. Who knows if we've even hit rock bottom yet.

I have no clue what they're doing under Green, but the numbers of everything have gotten worse under Green. Ironically, the goaltending is the only thing that improved. Probably because we acquired a couple of guys that weren't here for most of the year. Guys Ruff had no opportunity to use. The one thing that was a consistent sore spot all year before we traded for the current goalies, just several days after Ruff got fired.

We had dreadful games at the end with Lindy, but we've been just woefully bad under Green. He's one of the worst head coaches in recent time, which we knew that before he became a head coach here or before he even worked here.

And that shot differential of -28 in the 3rd period over the last four 3rd periods combined, along with a -12 goal differential is enough to spook you.
Somehow they look to be losing differently. They looked lifeless to me under Ruff. They have more hop under Green but the results are worse despite the goaltending. They need a new voice and hopefully one that can balance the offense and defense

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'd rather see a rubber Dano mask slapped onto a Furby thats tied into Bing AI or Chat GPT (not even the good subscription ones, the free crap) behind the bench than half of these retreads mentioned, yuck.
I forgot some of these people even existed until today or a couple of days ago. I know it's not even been 7 years since Disco Dan last head coached a game in this league, but I don't think I've had one conversation about him in the last 4 or 5 years?

The only time he comes to mind or that I may have brought him up since then is talking teams that made a head coaching change late in the year to save their season, and that was one of them. And Pittsburgh won the cup after it. Which obviously makes him good?:sarcasm:

Anyway, since we're talking about all these long since forgotten names......Mike Keenan anybody? Cup winner in 1994!

Terry Crisp? Cup winner in 1989. I had to look up if he was even still living. Good news, he is! How about him?

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
I forgot some of these people even existed until today or a couple of days ago. I know it's not even been 7 years since Disco Dan last head coached a game in this league, but I don't think I've had one conversation about him in the last 4 or 5 years?

The only time he comes to mind or that I may have brought him up since then is talking teams that made a head coaching change late in the year to save their season, and that was one of them. And Pittsburgh won the cup after it. Which obviously makes him good?:sarcasm:

Anyway, since we're talking about all these long since forgotten names......Mike Keenan anybody? Cup winner in 1994!
Haha Keenan actually entered my mind after someone asked that random question about a cup winner coaching in Europe.

I don't really have anything against Bylsma, it's just the whole crony connection that bothers me. Recycling plagues every sport but I just can't stand it, so tiresome.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor

Terry Crisp? Cup winner in 1989. I had to look up if he was even still living. Good news, he is! How about him?
NJ needs a coach that can make the team hardworking. All the best teams are described as hardworking. There’s a reason that poster rebranded himself as my3CoyotesDoggo.

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
Seeing how the playoff race it turning out...

I think there's a good chance Ruff would have been able to drag this team to the playoffs.

0 chance

Somehow they look to be losing differently. They looked lifeless to me under Ruff. They have more hop under Green but the results are worse despite the goaltending. They need a new voice and hopefully one that can balance the offense and defense

Pretty spot on. Under Ruff, they looked like a team that gave up on him. Under Green, well...Green sucks and it's showing.

Reactions: ZYXWVUT and My3Sons

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Haha Keenan actually entered my mind after someone asked that random question about a cup winner coaching in Europe.

I don't really have anything against Bylsma, it's just the whole crony connection that bothers me. Recycling plagues every sport but I just can't stand it, so tiresome.

The funny thing about Bylsma is he might do ok in a NHL job, he’s only 53.

He’s coached the Seattle AHL team for two years. They’ve had the 2nd best record in the AHL both years and went to Finals last season.

Both Bruce Cassidy and Mike Sullivan had short early abortive stints as NHL head coaches and were AHL HCs when they worked their way back up.

Not sure Fitz goes with the guy people associate with the downfall of Shero though.

And he’s not the appealing candidate to put it mildly.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The funny thing about Bylsma is he might do ok in a NHL job, he’s only 53.

He’s coached the Seattle AHL team for two years. They’ve had the 2nd best record in the AHL both years and went to Finals last season.

Both Bruce Cassidy and Mike Sullivan had short early abortive stints as NHL head coaches and were AHL HCs when they worked their way back up.

Not sure Fitz goes with the guy people associate with the downfall of Shero though.

And he’s not the appealing candidate to put it mildly.
Mark my words by the time summer rolls around we'll seriously be debating Bylsma once Sullivan and Brindy re-up with their teams and Berube immediately goes somewhere else who'll offer him more autonomy and money.

Guttersniped

Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
I am once again asking for Craig Berube.

IMG_6066.jpeg

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
i'll add disco dan to my list of acceptable coaches, in place of sullivan who i'd give a .5% chance of not returning to pittsburgh. vellucci, berube, bylsma, boudreau, leach. dark and unlikely horse, savard.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Boudreau likely won’t get a head coaching job in the league again, if not just because of how old he is. He turns 70 in less than a year and hasn’t worked a full NHL season since 18-19, when you count that he was fired during the 19-20 season, didn’t work at all in the 20-21 season and was a midseason hiring in 21-22 and a midseason firing in 22-23.

I wonder if his age may have kept him out of work for period of time between Minnesota and Vancouver?

Rick Bowness is the same age, but the circumstances under which he’s found himself a head coach in the league again are very unique. He was a perma-assistant for the better part of 2.5 decades before finding himself as the assistant on a team in which his head coach was fired for reasons having nothing to do with performance. And they just so happened to make the finals the year he took over.

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
Why the hate for Berube?
If there’s one thing that needs to be changed right away, it is the defensive zone. The Blues are one of the worst teams in the NHL at defending the slot, allowing a higher percentage of chances from there than almost every team. Armstrong alluded to that when asked about his defencemen: “When our team game suffers, (our defence) and our goalie looks the worst. And our variance on a nightly basis is concerning.”

32 Thoughts: What’s next for the Blues after Craig Berube firing? – Sportsnet.ca

Outside of binnington catching fire has didn’t really do much

They were near the 15-20 range at 5 on 5 most of his time there too

Guttersniped

Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
If there’s one thing that needs to be changed right away, it is the defensive zone. The Blues are one of the worst teams in the NHL at defending the slot, allowing a higher percentage of chances from there than almost every team. Armstrong alluded to that when asked about his defencemen: “When our team game suffers, (our defence) and our goalie looks the worst. And our variance on a nightly basis is concerning.”

32 Thoughts: What’s next for the Blues after Craig Berube firing? – Sportsnet.ca

Outside of binnington catching fire has didn’t really do much

They were near the 15-20 range at 5 on 5 most of his time there too

Flyers assistant Brad Shaw is known as a great Defensive Assistant and he’s known for young defensemen.

Maybe Shaw as HC and Woodcroft as Associate Coach would cover both the defense and offense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad