New GM Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FEFAN

Oct 19, 2017
Micronesia
Roy for president, bergy stays for the next 2 years to clean up the mess with direct orders from Roy and either Roy names himself or chooses another guy like Brisebois

sergejean

Dec 11, 2007
Kyle Dubas and Julien Brisebois are the only guys (in hockey) that interest me and Dubas doesn't speak French so I guess it's Brisebois or bust for me.

But I'm wondering, what has Stephane Quintal done to make him a potential GM candidate? Is it just he has Brendan Shanahan's old job and Shanahan turned out to be a good executive? His name has been thrown around a fair bit

Because Quintal seems to be completely conventional to me, whereas Shanahan showed early on when he tried to ramp up the consistency, severity, and number of suspensions that he was a bit different then most hockey men. If Quintal's conventional and you're hiring him, you're just going to get conventional hockey man results.

Quintal is actually pretty smart and always came across as a non-traditional type of guy. He also was involved in different project and businesses. I think he is pretty legit as far as potential goes. Here is an article in Lapresse:

http://www.lapresse.ca/sports/hockey/201409/21/01-4802185-la-deuxieme-vie-de-stephane-quintal.php

Reactions: Roke

Pickles

Apr 25, 2017
In the jar'o
The fact is there are just no French speaking candidates aside from Brisebois with actual experience in management. I always thought Pierre Lacroix was fantastic GM but I think he's retired now.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

mtl_felix

Sep 10, 2006
Lavaltrie, Quebec
It blows my mind, how could we possibly know? I'd love to conduct interviews, but as it stands right now how can we know? MB came from a winning environment in Chicago and turns out he's a joke. Brisebois is working in what looks like a successful winning environment. Who knows how much weight he carries around in there? Obviously he seems much more the intellectual type than MB but really, all the names thrown around dont mean much. I'd like for whoever's in charge of finding a new GM to conduct as many interviews as possible and look beyond the first few options before making a decision.

Reactions: Pickles

sergejean

Dec 11, 2007
The fact is there are just no French speaking candidates aside from Brisebois with actual experience in management. I always thought Pierre Lacroix was fantastic GM but I think he's retired now.

No, please no. Lacroix is the epitome of old mentality and old boy's club.

OnceWasNot

Jul 28, 2009
You guys are delusional , seriously. A new GM will not be able to fabricate you an #1 center...

A new GM can embrace the tank, which is our best chance at getting a 1C.

Seriously starting to wonder if MB is your uncle or something...

Reactions: Pickles

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
You guys are delusional , seriously. A new GM will not be able to fabricate you an #1 center...
No, but a new GM might actually be proactive and try to get one rather than go to the media and say this isn't Playstation and constantly make excuses. A new GM can provide a more modern approach to the game and building the team. A new GM can bring in new, better staff to improve all areas of the organization, notably drafting and player development.

sergejean

Dec 11, 2007
Edmonton? Is this what you crave for?

Edmonton made a lot of bad moves during their rebuild and it was way too long. In the end though they got rewarded with the best player since Mario Lemieux. Make no mistake, Edmonton will win the cup with MacDavid.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
No, but a new GM might actually be proactive and try to get one rather than go to the media and say this isn't Playstation and constantly make excuses. A new GM can provide a more modern approach to the game and building the team. A new GM can bring in new, better staff to improve all areas of the organization, notably drafting and player development.
Typical Playstation GM response...

OnceWasNot

Jul 28, 2009
He's learning from one of the best GM of the league so that's a positive

Bergevin was also learning from one of the best GM's when we got him tho :whatever:

The difference is that BriseBois is actually intelligent. Whatever MB learned in Chicago had gone out the window by 2015.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Edmonton made a lot of bad moves during their rebuild and it was way too long. In the end though they got rewarded with the best player since Mario Lemieux. Make no mistake, Edmonton will win the cup with MacDavid.
My friend, they sucked for a decade! Are you really ready for this?

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013

No but he might keep more of our existing talent and draft picks. I'm honestly scared that if we do tank and get dahlin that berg might trade him for an aging #1 center.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
The difference is that BriseBois is actually intelligent. Whatever MB learned in Chicago had gone out the window by 2015.

I do not know much about Brisebois, but I've read a lot of posts so far saying he is intelligent and has a modern mind. On what exactly is that based on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad