New GM Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
"L’œuvre d’éradication des frogs entreprise par Bob Gainey et Pierre Gauthier avec Trevor Timmins comme homme de main a obtenu la solution finale."

JAPPO: "Really I don't see how any allusions to the Holocaust are being made here, at all."

Man, that's incredibly irresponsible and stupid of anyone to write what Tremblay vomited, above.

Hasn't stopped him from continuing to spread his dumb ramblings -- he still has a spot on 91.9FM during the drive show. I literally move the dial when he's on.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Man, that's incredibly irresponsible and stupid of anyone to write what Tremblay vomited, above.

Hasn't stopped him from continuing to spread his dumb ramblings -- he still has a spot on 91.9FM during the drive show. I literally move the dial when he's on.

To even try to equate it with the final solution is incredibly dumb. Acting as if it's solely because of the Habs there are less quebecers in the league.

Rejean Tremblay is a supremacist, pure and simple.

Reactions: Lshap

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
To even try to equate it with the final solution is incredibly dumb. Acting as if it's solely because of the Habs there are less quebecers in the league.

Rejean Tremblay is a supremacist, pure and simple.

Tremblay is a lefty that sort that they feel the need the defend the orphans and widows and justice causes and he is like that with everything and the french part of that was that too(défendre les petits Québecois). But I found that Tremblay has been far less obsessed with it in recent years than when say during the Saku era. I have been hearing him on CKAC and I think he is sick of losing like the rest of us.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Certain of his comments on l'Anticharme have conpletely turned me off from ever wanting him as GM. He's not the brightest bulb out there.

Oh God, no. I listen to him (or should I say, tolerate) him whenever he's on AC. Guy is a pure dinosaur. He'd be selling off some of the better prospects right now in order to try to get the team back on the rails. I know cause I've been hearing make similar "analyses" ever since he's been on AC.

Stay far away.

I never listen to AC, what I remember from him is his analysis during games. Oh well, it was just a thought. I'd prefer Big Bobby also.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I never listen to AC, what I remember from him is his analysis during games. Oh well, it was just a thought. I'd prefer Big Bobby also.

Agreed with you on Big Bobby, guy has actual experience, brains and higher education.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Eugenie is just good at hitting balls . I don't think that the players would appreciate her

The most qualified candidates are not Damphouse, Quintal, Brodeur or Roy. If those are the candidates for GM, then the Habs are not pursuing the best hockey resumes. They are placing marketing above hockey expertise. If so, then go all-in with that approach. Hire the best marketing choice. Eugenie Bouchard lacks hockey expertise, but she's a professional athlete and a smart lady. She can learn. Just like rookie candidates like Quintal can learn. She would be an off-the-map choice the media would love.

Reactions: Milhouse40

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
"L’œuvre d’éradication des frogs entreprise par Bob Gainey et Pierre Gauthier avec Trevor Timmins comme homme de main a obtenu la solution finale."

JAPPO: "Really I don't see how any allusions to the Holocaust are being made here, at all."
Wow. That's disgusting. Tremblay's made his living on being a professional victim. What a lowlife.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
The most qualified candidates are not Damphouse, Quintal, Brodeur or Roy. If those are the candidates for GM, then the Habs are not pursuing the best hockey resumes. They are placing marketing above hockey expertise. If so, then go all-in with that approach. Hire the best marketing choice. Eugenie Bouchard lacks hockey expertise, but she's a professional athlete and a smart lady. She can learn. Just like rookie candidates like Quintal can learn. She would be an off-the-map choice the media would love.
Here is a marketing idea. Hire me and give me a 7 digit salary. I can learn to, plus you guys can be my free source of advice.

Storyline could be the same as Leafs: Habs hire guy who has no clue what he is doing

Reactions: Lshap

Picaroon

Apr 6, 2008
New Brunswick
So did anyone in the organisation the past 8 years ever think of grooming a new gm from within for this exact situation? Seriously is there any viable candidate in our own pipeline? Another reason why a trust fund baby should not be president of hockey operations. Absolutely no long term vision within this management.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
What's his resume?

Here is some, but not all of Julien BrisBois hockey résumé. In spoiler tags due to length.

Montreal CanadiensEdit

A native of Greenfield Park, Quebec, BriseBois was employed by the Heenan Blaikie law firm before joining the Montreal Canadiens. During that time he worked in sports law, where he represented several NHL and Major League Baseball clubs in arbitration cases as well as acting as an advisor in contract negotiations. BriseBois also participated in the reform of the constitution and by-laws of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League.
BriseBois spent nine seasons with the Montreal Canadiens after joining the organization on September 1, 2001, as director of legal affairs. In July 2003, he added director of hockey operations to his duties before being named vice president of hockey operations on July 24, 2006. In this capacity, BriseBois oversaw the Canadiens' AHL affiliate, the Hamilton Bulldogs. The Bulldogs won the 2007 Calder Cup during the first season under BriseBois' direction.[2] BrisBois would later hire future National Hockey League head coach, Guy Boucher, to coach the Bulldogs on June 29, 2009.[3] Boucher won the Louis A. R. Pieri Memorial Award as the American Hockey League's most outstanding coach for the 2009–10 season.[4] Over three seasons the Bulldogs' amassed a record of 137–78–25 under BriseBois before he was hired by the Tampa Bay Lightning.[5]
Tampa Bay LightningEdit

On July 16, 2010, BriseBois was hired by Lightning general manager Steve Yzerman to serve as assistant general manager.[5] BriseBois duties included the managing of the Lightning's AHL affiliate, the Norfolk Admirals.[6] On August 9, 2010, BriseBois hired future Lightning head coach, Jon Cooper to be the Norfolk Admirals head coach.[7] During the 2011–12 season the Admrials went on a 28-game win streak to set the record for the longest win streak in professional hockey.[8] The Admirals would then go on and win the Calder Cup championship that season.[9] That same season also saw Cory Conacher win the Dudley "Red" Garrett Memorial Award, Willie Marshall Award and Les Cunningham Award. Admirals' head coach, Jon Cooper, also won the Louis A. R. Pieri Memorial Award.[10][11] BriseBois continued in his role as General Manager of the Lightning's AHL farm team when the team switched their affiliation to the Syracuse Crunch.[12] The Crunch saw a string of success under BriseBois guidance. The team reached the Calder Cup finals two times, however, the team lost to the Grand Rapids Griffins both times.[13][14]
On September 11, 2018, BriseBois was named as general manager of the Tampa Bay Lightning.[15] Prior to his promotion BriseBois had assisted in all aspects of player personnel decisions, analytics, player development, contract preparation and negotiation, as well as salary arbitration for the Lightning and the Syracuse Crunch of the American Hockey League. BriseBois also oversaw the interpretation of the NHL's collective bargaining agreement and the salary cap for Tampa Bay. Additionally, a number of players developed into NHL regulars under his management of the Lightning's AHL affiliates. Some of those players included J.T. Brown, Anthony Cirelli, Yanni Gourde, Radko Gudas, Tyler Johnson, Alex Killorn, Nikita Kucherov, Ondrej Palat, Cedric Paquette, Andrej Sustr, and Andrei Vasilevskiy.
In his first season as General Manager, the Lightning captured their first Presidents' Trophy in franchise history along with the franchise's 4th Atlantic Division title.[16] The team also tied the single season record for wins in NHL history (62).[17] BriseBois also signed Jon Cooper to a multi-year contract extension on March 26, 2019.[18]
EducationEdit

BriseBois is a graduate of the University of Montreal Faculty of Law and earned a master's degree in business administration from the John Molson School of Business at Concordia University. He is a member of the Quebec Bar, the American Bar Association and the Sports Lawyers Association. He has been a member of the AHL's Competition Committee, the AHL's Player Development Committee and the AHL's CBA Committee. In 2013, BriseBois won the John Molson School of Business "MBA Alumnus of the Year" award.[19] In 2016, BriseBois was awarded the Distinction Award by the Association des diplômés en droit de l'Université de Montréal (ADDUM).

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Gamimenos

Apr 28, 2009
I think MB will go to a silent retreat in Russia for several weeks and come back as the new GM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino