New GM Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
I don't think that you're right when puting Bergevin and Quintal in the same bag . For one Quintal was a lot better player , and he's also a lot more articulated when he speaks . Didn't he go to school after his career ?
very astute :biglaugh:

jackeymoon

Tropical!
Jan 16, 2018
Northern Ontario
This latest call up is insane. I've said in other threads they should shop players and aquire picks in this years draft (think 2003 but better) but with this latest move I'd rather see MB get shitcanned and let another GM make those acquisitions.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
This latest call up is insane. I've said in other threads they should shop players and aquire picks in this years draft (think 2003 but better) but with this latest move I'd rather see MB get ****canned and let another GM make those acquisitions.

Think 2003, but better ? Are you sure about that ? I remember following 2003 and that's not how I feel this draft will be. Its a strong draft, but 2003 was historic.

Intangir

Aug 14, 2008
Montreal, QC
It used to be that if our team lost 4-5 in a row, nevermind 8 games, people were calling for the coaches' heads and were desperate and miserable wrecks. I'm glad to see that some things, the passion namely and the mood swings, don't change too much.

Hockey-wise though, the angst of the fans after the defeats is now directed in larger part at the GM instead of the coach, which is nice to see since I'm sick and tired of seeing MB's shit-eating grin on those big mac McDonald ads near my house. Julien deserves a fair share of the criticism too, but I feel that the coaches are almost always put under greater duress than their GMs, and unfairly too.

Anyways, at this point Molson has got to read the pulse of his fanbase and cut his losses with MB, and probably Julien too if the slide continues, as he would majorly alienate his loyal fanbase if he shrugs off those losses, keeps his PR silence, and doesn't show at least some spark or modicum of change.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
It's a great idea but you and I both know that it won't ever happen.
Indeed , which is why this org is stuck in the 70s. Hockey is international , habs fanbase is around the world. But No YoU gOtTa SpEAk FreNch BecAuSe tHe DuMB MedIaS ArE 2 LaZy To PuT SubTiTlEs.

Imagine in 2019 not being able to understand english

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
yeah , Tremblay clearly said that Gainey wanted to kill all the French Quebecois

OK. It seems to me that hyperbole and other literary devices are not really the kind of you grasp very well.

What do you think Tremblay was saying when he mentioned Gainey's Final Solution to eradicate the "frogs" along with his henchman Timmins?

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
OK. It seems to me that hyperbole and other literary devices are not really the kind of you grasp very well.

What do you think Tremblay was saying when he mentioned Gainey's Final Solution to eradicate the "frogs" along with his henchman Timmins?
Lapsus ? résultat final , aucun francophone sur la glace

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
If Molson only cares about money, he should make Patrick Roy the GM of this team.

He might until Roy had an anger surge and fired the whole coaching staff, causing Molson to pay another bunch of stiffs into perpetuity.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Indeed , which is why this org is stuck in the 70s. Hockey is international , habs fanbase is around the world. But No YoU gOtTa SpEAk FreNch BecAuSe tHe DuMB MedIaS ArE 2 LaZy To PuT SubTiTlEs.

Imagine in 2019 not being able to understand english

In some way, it's a form of intolerance. We saw some of that intolerance with Cunneyworth.

At some point i hope fans realize that after 25-30 years of living by this rules, it never worked. Not even once. Not even close.
They have absolutely not one valid argument that this thing is working.

Oh we tried. New guy. Familiar face. Familiar name. Ex-Habs….named it. But it never work.
I see tons of names in this thread with absolutely 0 experience for the job.
Sometimes i think we have the team we deserve for handcuffing our Organization like that simply for medias purposes.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
That hierachy is not an assurance of success. When your team starts losing, it doesn't matter how many guys there are in management. Although I sure would not mind having a President with hockey knowledge.

I think the position is a good starting point. He would know all the NHL GMs, Presidents/CEOs, NHL admin people and probably coaches, so he'd have a strong network to help build Montreal's organization.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011

Tabernacle, comme Marc Bergevin I'm a little slow to adapt. Defensive speed is really the way to generate a counterattack in the modern NHL. With someone like Patrick Roy at the helm the Canadiens would adapt. I think Bergevin's biggest weakness since taking over at GM is not getting the best development curve for his players, and being unable to withstand the media pressure. It's funny but the Habs could probably use Karl Alzner on the PK right now. Rien ne cliche.

Reactions: Kimota

Habano

Allez les Bleus, (Blancs, Rouges)
May 18, 2012
I found our new GM. Since our spineless owner is so infatuated with biceps, maybe he can replace bargain bin with this synthol laced freak.
upload_2019-12-2_18-55-29.jpeg

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Sid Seixeiro was absolutely bang on today about Bergevin and the Habs. 100% right.

Its refreshing seeing someone from the media tell it like it is. Love it.

MB's been the GM for eight years. It's time for a change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad