Injury Report: New Buff injury - Will be re-evaluated in a week - No timetable for return

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
Lets get Buff on the ice for some practice.

April is coming soon.

EyQK.gif

I've always wanted to try sledge hockey.

JetsNut

Jan 28, 2015
I saw him at kings head on st. patty’s day and he was drinking a beer, so he may not be out of shape, but he is certainly indulging

Whoa drinking a beer! Hull and company used to drink multiple beers between periods!!!

backwards motion

Sep 29, 2017
My memory could be decieving, but.. I remember times (sometimes I don't know if I had been sleeping or not) when even some fans were like he's not worth the contract that he's in. One way or another, for my opinion. He is a game changer. Attitude, physical play (even when the passes aren't that good :) ), it's something we need in the playoffs. We already had Armia shipped to Montreal. Feels weird. He was willing to play the gritty game without his potential (since first he was seen as a scorer when drafted) in lower lines, no problem. And Buff has a bigger role. We may have the weapons to score on everyone, blowout even when everyone's clicking.

But when the teams not there and needs to be, we need Buff to bring the smash. It may be a in-game thing or even just that fans get behind us better so when games matter. Everyone is there!

Reactions: kanadalainen

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Essentially that the big man was exploring options for corrective surgery on the ankle. Surgery = long recovery time.

I agree with @Kyosama - his recent return to the ice is not mutually exclusive of a different fix. But I am pretty pleased that he is practicing and skating.
I don't know , if he needed surgery wouldn't they just have shut him down for the season by now and do the surgery ? I don't think Maurice would make a point of saying he's skating again either if he needs surgery . :dunno:

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Buff is a very big missing piece , there is no player like him and then you take out Morrissey too , i'm surprised we have done as well as we have without those 2 guys not in our lineup . Huge bonus going into the playoffs if both are back .

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
View attachment 205329

Edit: there was a "top 5 most important jets players" and I had buff and jomo in there. Got some pushback on that.

I'm smugly stating I was right.
Holy crap. That is frightening.

Now it would be cool to see the same graphs for all the potential first round opponents. Pretty sure the curves are going in the other direction.

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Holy crap. That is frightening.

Now it would be cool to see the same graphs for all the potential first round opponents. Pretty sure the curves are going in the other direction.
I'll bet if you took out Tampa's 2 best defenseman for almost half the season , even they would feel it . There is just no replacing Buff and Morrissey , can't be done .

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
I'll bet if you took out Tampa's 2 best defenseman for almost half the season , even they would feel it . There is just no replacing Buff and Morrissey , can't be done .
For sure. Doesn't negate the fact the team is in a wicked downslide for a long time.

Lets hope the curve goes the right direction for the playoffs!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Jets 31

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
I don't know , if he needed surgery wouldn't they just have shut him down for the season by now and do the surgery ? I don't think Maurice would make a point of saying he's skating again either if he needs surgery . :dunno:

Yes, you are right. However it could also be a bit of "needs vs wants". Surgery is not always the best option, especially if one considers immediate down time and the quality of the surgery etc. It injects a modicum of chaos. The overarching consideration may be that Buff is so important to this team that placing him back in as soon as is safe is likely the best option. One which I like, too. :)

Reactions: Jets 31

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad