Injury Report: New Buff injury - Will be re-evaluated in a week - No timetable for return

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?

giphy.gif

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
But you don't have to worry about Buff not being back for the playoffs. No indication it is a ligament tear or a broken bone so plenty of recovery time.
No, but, you do have to question whether he'll be 100%. Lowry was back last playoffs, but, he didn't play nearly as well as he did the last few games of regular season or playoffs as he did the rest of the regular season where he was an intimidating beast.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
No, but, you do have to question whether he'll be 100%. Lowry was back last playoffs, but, he didn't play nearly as well as he did the last few games of regular season or playoffs as he did the rest of the regular season where he was an intimidating beast.
You can question a lot of things, but the Jets aren't going to see this as ending their chance. Having the flexibility of having a playoff spot wrapped gives them a lot of leeway to rest guys playing out the stretch. Having 2 months to get Buff healed is likely far more that is needed if it is nothing structural.

Reactions: Jets 31
Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
McIntyre taking an extreme stance on what came out during Maurice's press conference.

It was stated the injury is unrelated to the last injury and that it's lower body. Maurice said tests were being done THIS week, so more will come out soon. When asked how serious Maurice was very positive that this wasn't anything major.

Now of course we've heard this before. Far too many players have had "minor injuries" and then missed months, but until the results come back there's no need to panic.

With the team on the road, even if Buff's tests come back tomorrow I would doubt we'd hear anything official until the team returns, unless team doctors are going to begin giving press conferences.

Last edited:

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
Buff is getting to the age now where his body is starting to fail him. We all expected this from Buff's playing style and body type. Good thing Chevy only gave him 5 years on that extension.

I would not be surprised if this is a re-aggravation of his high ankle sprain. Chevy will want injuries ultra top-secret with the trade deadline approaching.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Skip the Stone deal. No Buff = no chance
Give me a break. We're 20 games away from the playoffs, with a miniscule chance of not making it.

He'll be back by then.

The manufactured angst amazes me sometimes. Have a drink (or whatever you enjoy) and enjoy the season - we'll be fine. Take joy in the fact that guys like Niku might get more playing time.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Give me a break. We're 20 games away from the playoffs, with a miniscule chance of not making it.

He'll be back by then.

The manufactured angst amazes me sometimes. Have a drink (or whatever you enjoy) and enjoy the season - we'll be fine. Take joy in the fact that guys like Niku might get more playing time.
Just because someone writes something angsty doesn't mean they feel it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad