Injury Report: New Buff injury - Will be re-evaluated in a week - No timetable for return

Larabee

Mar 10, 2011
Winnipeg
He's not even skating at this point, so hard to imagine him being ready to play at this point.
I thought Maurice said that he was skating, but not pushing off too strongly. Then I heard him say a few days later that he was pushing off harder. So he seems to be making progress.

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
I hope that we get Buf back at least 4 games before the playoffs. His first couple of games back, he was way off. Who knows if he has been able to maintain his good game weight. We will need him to be playing well and a few games to shake the rust off are a must.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
I hope that we get Buf back at least 4 games before the playoffs. His first couple of games back, he was way off. Who knows if he has been able to maintain his good game weight. We will need him to be playing well and a few games to shake the rust off are a must.
Speaking in the third person:

These are the things I have no control over. Thus, I will sweep my concern about this under the carpet, and simply have another gin and tonic.

Life is guud. :P

Upperdeckjet

Dec 14, 2011
Speaking in the third person:

These are the things I have no control over. Thus, I will sweep my concern about this under the carpet, and simply have another gin and tonic.

Life is guud. :P
Someone's having a good afternoon! Enjoy.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
I have it on good authority Buff has not been indulging during his injury. I think his weight will be fine.

Swiftt

Jul 3, 2016
Winnipeg
I have it on good authority Buff has not been indulging during his injury. I think his weight will be fine.

I saw him at kings head on st. patty’s day and he was drinking a beer, so he may not be out of shape, but he is certainly indulging

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
I saw him at kings head on st. patty’s day and he was drinking a beer, so he may not be out of shape, but he is certainly indulging
I would say most NHL players enjoy a beer or two occasionally. Especially on the Jets :popcorn: I'm not concerned about that at all. But.....he will need at least 2 or 3 games prior to the playoffs or they'd be better off not playing him.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
I would say most NHL players enjoy a beer or two occasionally. Especially on the Jets :popcorn: I'm not concerned about that at all. But.....he will need at least 2 or 3 games prior to the playoffs or they'd be better off not playing him.

I absolutely disagree that they'd be better off not playing him if he doesn't play a couple of games in the regular season.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
I absolutely disagree that they'd be better off not playing him if he doesn't play a couple of games in the regular season.
Here's my thinking. You rarely see guys make immediate impact coming off injury, lose game 1 and odds are about 70% that you are finished. But I suppose there are always alternatives like bump him to 3rd pairing for a game or whatever. Let's hope its all moot and he's back before playoffs.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Here's my thinking. You rarely see guys make immediate impact coming off injury, lose game 1 and odds are about 70% that you are finished. But I suppose there are always alternatives like bump him to 3rd pairing for a game or whatever. Let's hope its all moot and he's back before playoffs.

I understand the thought process behind it but Buff is so impactful that the reward is well worth the risk.

HPsauce

Jul 3, 2011
Winnipeg

The playoffs start in 3 weeks? I really don't think he'll be back before then.

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
I just hope he's staying in shape and not just hanging out on the couch eating Doritos.

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
I have a strong feeling it is a broken bone in his foot and he will be back at least a game or two before the end of the regular season.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Mo said he was pushing harder in the gym since he couldn't skate much. I think he'll be ok shape wise.
Working hard in the gym is not the same as getting in game shape. It's going to be a challenge for him and Morrissey to get back to full game speed and fitness with so little time left before the playoffs. Brutal timing for those injuries.

Reactions: Jetfaninflorida

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Working hard in the gym is not the same as getting in game shape. It's going to be a challenge for him and Morrissey to get back to full game speed and fitness with so little time left before the playoffs. Brutal timing for those injuries.

Hopefully it’s reps, reps, and more reps. But you’re right whileee. They need some games before but it’s looking pretty grim. I still think it’ll be a blessing having Morrissey 100% healthy going in. He was taking a beating in February when Scheif quit playing defense. I’m general I thought him and Trouba were getting hung out to dry too much and were taking a beating. Those three need to be 100% for a deep run.

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
I miss Buff. Also **** Perry
NiceFavorableKite-small.gif

abax44

Jan 22, 2005

He said "staying in shape". Obviously, nothing but games gets you into game shape.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
I am thinking we don't see him until round two unless we fall behind in round one.

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
Agreed. I sure hope they are both doing cardio like crazy. Ideally they will get in 2-3 games before the playoffs start.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad