Post-Game Talk: Never met an overpass they didn't like

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
He was absolutely awful through 60 mins and was a turnover machine. Played with zero intensity with and without the puck.

Probably a calculus by Knoblauch that he was ripe to f*** it up.
If that really is the reason Knobby is a moron then. Just another BS coach going thru the same BS motions

Decides to punish Bouchard but let's Darnell play like dogsh*t all year. Especially in that Dal game where he takes a dumb penalty, a 10min misconduct then gifts them 2 goals, yet zero accountability by Knobby.

But hey, let's stand on our soap box and punish our 80 point dman.

Despote

Mar 21, 2023
Disagree. Oilers have always matched up well against the Press. Definitely can't say the same for a healthy Vegas.
Tough to tell between regular season and playoffs though. Oilers owned Jets in the bubble but got swept in the playoffs.

With LA we know how we match up against them in playoff hockey, and all our regular season games have been close to playoff intensity for the last couple of seasons too.

All I know is I want to avoid VGK for the 1st round.

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
Way too many players on this team that are a liability playing 3 on 3 hockey. Watching the third period winding down knowing McDavid wasn’t playing tonight and I was crossing my fingers that we could survive OT and take our chances in the shootout. What a wasted opportunity tonight.
We looked sooo slow in overtime, that was hard to watch.

I would have liked to see Holloway in OT. He has great wheels.

Reactions: ujju2

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Too many guys operating at half throttle. Looked slow in overtime. Missed Mc-D's speed in the extra frame.

No matter, the playoffs are a different season and then you see what you really have.
I agree.
No point in making too much of this game. The team was tuned out tonight.

Actually I think that Arizona deserves a ton of credit. They impressed me.

jesusbuiltmyhotrod

Feb 27, 2021
If that really is the reason Knobby is a moron then. Just another BS coach going thru the same BS motions

Decides to punish Bouchard but let's Darnell play like dogsh*t all year. Especially in that Dal game where he takes a dumb penalty, a 10min misconduct then gifts them 2 goals, yet zero accountability by Knobby.

But hey, let's stand on our soap box and punish our 80 point dman.
These posts are ridiculous Darnell has not played like dog shit all year ffs

Reactions: AM and Kinibo

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
One of those incredibly frustrating games defined by a lack of finish. Part of that, as the thread title suggests, attributable to overpassing. Bouchard in the slot passing off to RNH in the first. Draisaitl passing to Nurse in overtime. Both passes where shooting was clearly the better option. Both passes caught in the skates of the recipient.

Henrique suggested that they were looking past this game to Vancouver so hopefully that's the case and they come out guns blazing.

not that he’s the reason they lost but man Leon just let it fly.
It feels like he's lost confidence in his shot. Either that or an injury affecting his shooting mechanics because, in previous years, he shoots that.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
I agree.

They have been much better than I thought they would be this season.

Give them full credit for not giving up and playing the spoiler.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
I agree.

Gonna be a tough one next week, with the Yotes playing their final game in Arizona that night.

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
I could care less about a 3 on 3 loss in OT, as that means nothing for playoffs.

Was expecting the team to play about 20 minutes, and they played about 30. Leon had a slow game (many in the gdt said he had a quiet game) and with Connor out of the lineup, the rest of the team absolutely dominated a yotes team that came out hard and with purpose. I was very happy with the game last night and how the Oilers played. It could easily have gotten out of hand if we didn't hit (at least) 5 bars or miss the net on the loads of shots we had.

2 regulation goals against once again. Love this team going into playoffs.

Reactions: Arty Spooners Bsmnt

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
One of those incredibly frustrating games defined by a lack of finish. Part of that, as the thread title suggests, attributable to overpassing. Bouchard in the slot passing off to RNH in the first. Draisaitl passing to Nurse in overtime. Both passes where shooting was clearly the better option. Both passes caught in the skates of the recipient.

Henrique suggested that they were looking past this game to Vancouver so hopefully that's the case and they come out guns blazing.

It feels like he's lost confidence in his shot. Either that or an injury affecting his shooting mechanics because, in previous years, he shoots that.
Him and McDavid could both be 50 goal scorers this year if they opted to force passes less.

I really hope they curb that habit in the playoffs or it will cost them.

Reactions: Duke74

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
These posts are ridiculous Darnell has not played like dog shit all year ffs
sorry, my bad. He's played like ass only 80% of the season. And I'm sure you think it's me being ridiculous but everyone from Lowetide to Terry Ryan has blasted him for a poor season

Not sure what you're watching to think otherwise

Last edited:

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Good on the fans that are seeing them off. Sad, but at the same time, a much needed change. Bittman couldn't keep the charade going g.
This is the right response. I won’t piss on a teams fans when they are losing their team nor the cost of tickets to see them off. I remember the Oilers to Houston era. It wasn’t fun and thankfully never came to be because of Cal Nichols and his many friends.. I can only imagine how the real fans in AZ feel (ironically probably the same as Winnipeg fans did in 1996).

Reactions: Messrules11

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad