Post-Game Talk: Never met an overpass they didn't like

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
He did the same thing last year and looked pretty good
I think this year he may actually be hurt. Last year, I think, they just kept him out of the lineup because of the cap. We'll see if he suits for game 1.

Arty Spooners Bsmnt

Apr 22, 2023
Not anymore. We now only have 1 game in hand and if we win it, we are a point back. Winning this game outright meant we had the exact same point pace as Vancouver. Now we need to win tomorrow and get 2 more points than Vancouver in our final 3 games.
Just going through here now but this is flat out wrong. If the Oiler win out they finish first.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Seemed like they had an eye on tomorrow tonight.

They were the better team for long stretches just didn’t have the killer instinct against a meaningless opponent.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I didnt even realise they played tonight. Meh, whatever if they lost to the Utes. Looking ahead game for sure. Need a regulation win tomorrow.

Kepler 186f

Red Shifted
Dec 17, 2007
An organization that does not care about winning
Not at all
Disgusting

nobody-cares-390-x-212-gif-nys4xj9vtzctlqnd.gif

Reactions: TB12 and Oilhawks

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I missed this one but I don't get all the angst,the Oilers have won a lot for a long time and control their destiny for the division title. Getting 1 instead of 2 points narrows the margin for error a bit but the goals are still right in front of them.

Reactions: TB12

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Team was severely lacking something other than goaltending tonight
Yup.
Lots of passengers in this game. Too many of those were the star players.
Draisaitl and Bouchard to name 2.
Bouchard managed to give the puck away twice on one shft and then (on the same shift) gets caught deep in the Yotes zone which created a 2 on 1 for the Yotes.

Kane was pretty good. So was Pickard.
Despite not scoring I thought that RNH played well. Same with Foegele.

They did at least get a point.

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
Couldn’t watch much of the game but are we that surprised?

Decade of darkness oilers would do this type of stuff all the time to good teams at the end of the season. Young players pushing and good veteran teams already looking past us into the playoffs. We would eke out wins against good teams while we meandered around the bottom of the standings with 5 games left

I’m not excusing the loss. Im just thinking that we’ve been on the opposite side of this. Sucks we couldn’t get the extra point.

I expect a big performance tomorrow

Rpenny

Feb 23, 2019
Now going to sweat this one--Dogs are trying to leave on a high note. I remember seeing this when the Jet moved to Arizona

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
Better for the Oilers to not win the Pacific. I wouldn't want to face Nashville in the first round.
LA or Vegas are better options.
LA or Vegas is who they will most likely play unless they burn themselves out trying for a division title.

They will have home ice. Rest some players.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Pretty obvious their minds werent really on last night's game. Got a point and still control their destiny to winning the division. My guess is McDavid goes to tonight.

Reactions: 94 Oil Drops

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Why no Bouchard in OT?

He was absolutely awful through 60 mins and was a turnover machine. Played with zero intensity with and without the puck.

Probably a calculus by Knoblauch that he was ripe to f*** it up.

Reactions: guymez

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad