GDT: NDSF Game 3 | "WinniPepe Silvia" | Oilers @ Jets | May 23 2021, 5:30 PM | CBC, SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
We have Zach Kassian and Ryan McLeod on our second line. If the plan was to put even more pressure on McDavid to literally do everything, we have it lol

Hey- Tippett didn’t just earn his 21-28 playoff record by fluke- he knows what he is doing! God- how many of those wins came from a fluke run to the quarter finals with Arizona.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
With those lines being so random and ehh, definitely sense some panic from Tippett.

Don't think I'm going to watch this one live.

Our bottom 9 was shallow enough as is, sitting Kahun and Chiasson, elevating Kassian, demoting Yamamoto. Copp being slid back into the bottom 6 for Winnipeg...as long as Schiefele, Pionk and Hellebuyck keep playing well, their bottom 9 is going to feast tonight. Smith will have to stand on his head.

Also I get Barrie hasn't been playing well but Bear has been...not good. Elevating him too is going to go predictably bad.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
If this is the lines a little strange that Kahun draws out. Been working hard and hardly at fault, and made a couple excellent plays in series and created the turnover on our lone friggen goal.

Neal sent out is a real message. Was hoping Neal was going to bring some playoff intensity but clearly not. Another dog, Chiasson, out of the lineup, Kassian still in.

I don't mind the Shore and Haas additions, at least you know what you'll get.

Tippett is trying to will Nuge and Kassian into the hunt. Will they respond?

I don't mind loading up tough on 3rd line.

Interesting that Yama demoted for first time in a longtime.

Zamknij kurwa ryj

Feb 22, 2021
Lines look fine. Pairings are okay. Bouchard should be in, I'd much rather see him on that top pairing with Nurse.

Nurse can't get away from having to babysit a a RD though. We really need somebody reliable on that top pairing with him because both Barrie and Bear require way too much handholding.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Go to the sportsnet site and sign in on the top corner with your TV provider credentials, you can stream it direct from their site, I do it all the time at my office

Oh I know how to do it, I’ve done it several times from the office.

Just not sure it’s worth it right now as a distraction, hopefully I can just go machine mode and get the pleadings and motions drafted that I need to have done by Tuesday or at least be on pace to only need a few hours tomorrow on it.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
If this is the lines a little strange that Kahun draws out. Been working hard and hardly at fault, and made a couple excellent plays in series and created the turnover on our lone friggen goal.

Neal sent out is a real message. Was hoping Neal was going to bring some playoff intensity but clearly not. Another dog, Chiasson, out of the lineup, Kassian still in.

I don't mind the Shore and Haas additions, at least you know what you'll get.

Tippett is trying to will Nuge and Kassian into the hunt. Will they respond?

I don't mind loading up tough on 3rd line.

Interesting that Yama demoted for first time in a longtime.
I don't like demoting guys and having arguably the worst player on our team being elevated. It's...an odd look.

Reactions: Pandemonia

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Posted this in another thread, but should be here;

Comeback and Win the series and its good for the club, gains some confidence, learn more about the path to playoff success. Gel, get more contributions from more players.

Lose in first round and its probably also good for the club, gain some understanding of which players are here to win, which are checked out, and makes some directions exceedingly clear.

You have to have a strong group of players that are here for the team. I think pretty clearly players like Nuge, Kassian, Neal, Chiasson, Turris, Khaira. They're players you try to move on from, if you can somehow.

The chasm between the level of compete on this club shown by warriors like McD, Drai, Pulju, Nurse, Larsson, Smith and others is deep. With apology to Archibald, Yama, Kahun, who give it their all. Its gotta on some level be disconcerting to the players giving it their all that so much mixed commitment is on the same "team". Thus team objectives not being realized. I wish this club would confront that more than it apparently has.

Such confrontation occurred in Winnipeg in April. Words back and forth, pointed criticism, players called out, play of the team called out and a team that had to look inward, and to the degree that the star player was even benched and scratched. That can go both ways and sometimes lead to mutiny, to coach firing. Maurice pulled it out of the bag and did good. Good on him. Something like that needs to occur here.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I don't like demoting guys and having arguably the worst player on our team being elevated. It's...an odd look.

Potentially desperation. The team HAS to have Nuge and Kassian on board. Has to. Too many holes in this lineup for them not to have a key part in helping the club out of the hole. I mean I don't know if it works, or if those two are still engaged at all to Oilers but they're both players, that can play, and when they want to at a good level.

Reactions: TB12

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
At the end of the day if Tippett thinks Drai and McDavid need to be together for us to win then I guess we do need a legit top 6 center this off season.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Convinced my hippie buddy to have the game on tonight. I can watch!!!!!!!!! Life is good lmao
upload_2021-5-23_10-30-18.png

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Potentially desperation. The team HAS to have Nuge and Kassian on board. Has to. Too many holes in this lineup for them not to have a key part in helping the club out of the hole. I mean I don't know if it works, or if those two are still engaged at all to Oilers but they're both players, that can play, and when they want to at a good level.
Kassian hasn't had a good period of hockey since before his contract. Nuge has been awful.

I'll be elated if that 2nd like doesn't get destroyed possession, shot and chance wise.

McLeods line was getting eaten alive against Winnipeg's bottom 6, now you just replace Neal with Nuge and expect them to go against the top 6 and break even? Good f***ing luck Tippett.

Reactions: Debbie Mathers

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
If they were going to blender, I would have tried something like

McLeod - McDavid - Puljujarvi
Ennis - Drai - Yamamoto
Shore - RNH - Archibald
Haas - Khaira - Kahun

That 2nd line didn't even work against Chicago.

McLeod on first line? Why? Lets put a virgin rookie with zero pts that isn't even a strong forechecker and hasn't been hard to the puck on first line..

Thats some real weird McBlending.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Holy hell. McLeod centering Nuge. This is a joke and I don't even know who to blame anymore.

How little time we spent this season trying to figure out a 2nd line centered by Drai is really kicking us in the butt now.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I'm cool with Kassian playing up. He's got way more size plus still has some speed. Maybe this will motivate him to crash and bang.

Bold strategy, let's see how this plays out.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
That 2nd line didn't even work against Chicago.

McLeod on first line? Why? Lets put a virgin rookie with zero pts that isn't even a strong forechecker and hasn't been hard to the puck on first line..

Thats some real weird McBlending.
It's not as much of a stretch as putting him on the second line with 2 guys who have had horrible seasons and expecting him not to get wrecked. At least McDavid and Puljujarvi can help McLeod out.

I don't know why I'm mad, I knew this team was 4 forwards short from being real lol

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
At the end of the day if Tippett thinks Drai and McDavid need to be together for us to win then I guess we do need a legit top 6 center this off season.
we need to score goals...1 goal in 2 games doesn't win you games
97-29 together gives us our best chance to score a goal

the bottom 9 literally have to keep doing what they're doing...not get scored on

Reactions: 3rdPeriodCringe

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Kassian hasn't had a good period of hockey since before his contract. Nuge has been awful.

I'll be elated if that 2nd like doesn't get destroyed possession, shot and chance wise.

McLeods line was getting eaten alive against Winnipeg's bottom 6, now you just replace Neal with Nuge and expect them to go against the top 6 and break even? Good f***ing luck Tippett.

Well, half a dozen players haven't even shown interest, other than ending playoffs as quick as possible and going home. So as Tippett whaddya do? You know theres some non compete all over the lineup, you know several players aren't dialed in, and you don't have enough taxi squad or roster depth to replace those.

To his credit it looks like Neal and Chiasson have been punted. Judging from them not giving an ounce this playoffs Dave figured out two of the no shows. He knows Kassian is another, but he's trying to force him into action. He tried that with Neal in 2nd game inserting him with Nuge, but Neal waved the white flag on that and did nothing.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
Just get tippets termination papers ready cause he has completely lost the plot once again.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003

Jesus. Every step forward for Tippett is accompanied by a hundred steps backward.

Ennis, Shore, Haas in; Chiasson and Neal out = good

Nurse with Bear, Kassian in top 6, Yamamoto on 4th line, Koekkoek with Barrie, McDrai loaded up again = badddd

It’s like he can’t get out of his way with these lineup decisions. :facepalm:

Can’t wait for Nurse/Bear to get scored on and KK/Barrie to get trapped in their own zone before Tippett puts Barrie back with Nurse in the second period down 2-0.

Reactions: CycloneSweep
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad