GDT: NDSF Game 3 | "WinniPepe Silvia" | Oilers @ Jets | May 23 2021, 5:30 PM | CBC, SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoreDifferentS

I said consummate Flying V's!
May 1, 2021
Strong Badia
homestarrunner.com
(To skip to the game information, click the link below)
NDSF Game 3 | "WinniPepe Silvia" | Oilers @ Jets | May 23 2021, 5:30 PM | CBC, SN
MuzkBqK.png

ivElKRd.png

CFI9nd1.png

asqPkYY.png

WSq4SA4.png

JOLL2Tg.png

8KtVvi7.png

4B45J8K.jpg

WviweHb.png

KNdnyJo.png

lr9haVr.png

6aYMEuA.png

BcIP9ik.png

Q3YTlcP.png

fDS4wYO.png

orY8Wo2.png

59d9UVu.png

32s4bHo.png

OEceXYc.png

vm3PSBg.png

Grqm8gd.png

qqCyxSp.png

fToJvnZ.png

ssTEDRr.png

Zp7aoNy.png

xzaSgFn.png

88LmGEz.png

z6PzGmy.png

vhuOTW6.png

*MoreDifferentS GDTs Inc. assumes no responsibility for any discrepancies between the depicted outcomes and actual reality*

Last edited:

NotAVacuumSalesman

The Guide And Record Book™
Jun 19, 2017
1 goal in 2 freaking games.

Can I just see some more goals pretty please with a cherry on top?

Can we actually hit the net with our shots? No, Nuge's muffin shot and Larsson's high and out of the boards shots don't count.

Can we drive the net and try to score greasy goals? Can someone take the puck and plow it into Hellbuyck?

Can we just stop pretending that we're nice guys and wake up and smell the playoffs?

Watching some of the other playoff series, our playoff has not started. Our players are still in regular season mode and they've lost the playoff button. Only a few guys have it turned on while the rest are still lost.

Wake up and score some goals! Just win dammit!!!!!

Win and I change name my username to McPlayoffBeard.

Last edited:

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Can we score some goals before HFOil blames Schmiddy for not doing enough to win us the game?

1 goal in 2 freaking games.

Can I just see some more goals pretty please with a cherry on top?

Can we actually hit the net with our shots? No, Nuge's muffin shot and Larsson's high and out of the boards shots don't count.

Can we drive the net and try to score greasy goals? Can someone take the puck and plow it into Hellbuyck?

Can we just stop pretending that we're nice guys and wake up and smell the playoffs?

Watching some of the other playoff series, our playoff has not started. Our players are still in regular season mode and they've lost the playoff button. Only a few guys have it turned on while the rest are still lost.

Wake up and score some goals! Just win dammit!!!!!

Win and I change name my username to McPlayoffBeard.
:eek:

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
It's been a long day. By that I mean my Saturday was boring without Oilers hockey to watch.
I'm glad you quoted my post so that it could appear side by side with your avatar.

Also you may have to get used to having no Oilers hockey to watch. :(

MoreDifferentS

I said consummate Flying V's!
May 1, 2021
Strong Badia
homestarrunner.com
What was your previous account's username here? ;)

Maybe I'm just a long, long time lurker. Maybe I did some research on past GDTs and board trends to add to the Charlie Day Wall Of Madness. Maybe I just need to be in User Witness Relocation because a coworker didn't think highly of my posting during company time and chooses to stalk my post timings. I guess we'll never know.

Definitely not the guy who used to post exactly like me who mysteriously stopped posting a short while before I created this account. Nope, not all all.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Maybe I'm just a long, long time lurker. Maybe I did some research on past GDTs and board trends to add to the Charlie Day Wall Of Madness. Maybe I just need to be in User Witness Relocation because a coworker didn't think highly of my posting during company time and chooses to stalk my post timings. I guess we'll never know.

Definitely not the guy who used to post exactly like me who mysteriously stopped posting a short while before I created this account. Nope, not all all.
The list of HFOil users who post sarcastic and "witty" satirical remarks is longer than the lineup outside Best Buy when a new iPhone is released. So that doesn't help at all. ;)

(PM me, your secret would be safe with me ;))

Reactions: MoreDifferentS

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
Rockin' GTD

Both leafs and jets fans bringing out the sweep memes all over social media. Love it
This team disappoints when burdened with high expectations, and performs like an all-star team when doubted.

If and when the Edmonton Oilers come back to stun the Winnipeg Jets, please: let's not gloat, let's not go on social media or their forums and talk smack, let's not adopt the cockiness of leafs fans and for the love of God, let's never utter the words 'Stanley Cup' until round 4. Karma is real, ask leafs fans. Stay humble, loyal and passionate. That's the way we can help them.
We can't cheer them on in the arena this year, we can't go on the ice and play hockey and we can't play coach and alter the lines/strategy. So instead we summon the magnetic whims of the universe and direct it towards those 25+ men battling for the honor of our city and franchise :D

Sounds cheesy, but I've played enough poker to see Karma manifest in many different forms. The most impossible statistical anomalies have presented itself a number of times in the form of punishment for those that celebrate another's misfortune. On the flip side, we see it all the time in poker tournaments, the term 'a chip and a chair' couldn't be more true; almost every big tournament, there will be a few select people that were down to literally 1 or 2 chips, and clawed their way back with the help of lady luck.
One pro in 2007 was down to a $10 chip on day 2 (of 7 days), with the average stack at 75,000 and a field of over 7000 people; he came back to win the entire tournament, and over 2.5 million USD. He infamously said, "Never give up until all your chips are gone. That's the difference between a pro and a master."

The Oilers lost half their stack, but it's far from over, and I'm so confident that they will overcome this test, and ultimately move on to Round 2.
Let's go boys

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Interesting Woodley looked at the numbers and watches Hellebuyck play and sees Helle is the top goalie in the league in screened shots save percentage (he is very good) and he is below average in movement east to west. Hilarious that our head coach is unaware of this as well as our goalie coach- who is supposed to be scouting this

Reactions: Panda Bear
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad