College Hockey NCAA 2023 - 24 season

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Because, you know, BC doesn’t have enough major commits.
Ha the funny thing is BC is actually light in regard to number of commits compared to basically every other school. Greg Brown has been very methodical/selective.

Highly recommend the above. And then the Listing by College tab. So while BC gas gotten some major commits they are still light on numbers. More to come from them.

Oh wow I meant to send that as a link didn't know the HFboards software knew how to paste it right in there.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Recruit Listing

there it is in link form

If you really wanna have a discussion, schools are overrecruiting and committing more kids than will ever step foot on campus. College athletics is big business these days so it doesn't bother me that much. But a lot of these commits will be told they no longer have a spot etc.

Reactions: StrBender

08SeaBass08

Maybe next year.
Jul 8, 2010
Funkytown, Boogie Wonderland
Ha the funny thing is BC is actually light in regard to number of commits compared to basically every other school. Greg Brown has been very methodical/selective.

Highly recommend the above. And then the Listing by College tab. So while BC gas gotten some major commits they are still light on numbers. More to come from them.

Oh wow I meant to send that as a link didn't know the HFboards software knew how to paste it right in there.

It’s actually really cool that it did.

Fair point on the number of commitments. I was more exasperatedly sighing about a Hockey East rival, who’s already number 1 in the country, getting better for either the present or the future.

Reactions: Johnnyduke

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

watching a lot of Pitka this year with season tix for the Grizzly games here in Victoria, good looking kid, needs to shoot more, good distributor though

08SeaBass08

Maybe next year.
Jul 8, 2010
Funkytown, Boogie Wonderland
Recruit Listing

there it is in link form

If you really wanna have a discussion, schools are overrecruiting and committing more kids than will ever step foot on campus. College athletics is big business these days so it doesn't bother me that much. But a lot of these commits will be told they no longer have a spot etc.
That’s not cool, even if it’s the reality across the board. I’m curious what the percentage of kids who change their commitments because they’ve been dropped, as opposed to those who change their own mind is.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
That’s not cool, even if it’s the reality across the board. I’m curious what the percentage of kids who change their commitments because they’ve been dropped, as opposed to those who change their own mind is.
I think another tactic coaches use is "we don't think you're ready" and they want to push a kid back a year. Well if that kid isn't interested in that plan he'll go somewhere else. But man, some of these numbers schools have on that recruiting list is insane.

Reactions: 08SeaBass08

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
Last edited:

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
Northeastern not looking good. I will be pulling for Maine

BU's next four opponents are Maine, Maine, Quinnipiac and Cornell, this is going to be interesting.

1699964967541.png

The Badgers!

Last edited:
Reactions: SanDogBrewin

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad