Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site

Last edited:

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
5 of the top 8 NCAA players are in Boston. It's going to be a very exciting year!

Next year, you have Cole Eiserman coming to B.U. and the Hagens brothers to B.C. The talent on display locally will be exciting indeed, and it's all a T ride away. Will hop the 70 bus to Waltham later today for the B.U.-Bentley game.

1696692175960.png

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Great game at Bentley, BU escapes in OT, a privilege to watch it on the glass. Hutson and Celebrini are fun to watch up close.

@Tertier

I have to think Bentley is on the Hockey East radar - The Bentley rink has a small capacity of 2,200 and my guess is tonight was 40% BU fans but given the capacity of the new UConn rink size doesn't matter.

Atlantic Hockey is no longer a joke Division I league.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
@Tertier

I have to think Bentley is on the Hockey East radar - The Bentley rink has a small capacity of 2,200 and my guess is tonight was 40% BU fans but given the capacity of the new UConn rink size doesn't matter.

Atlantic Hockey is no longer a joke Division I league.
This has been an ongoing discussion since Notre Dame left Hockey East for the Big Ten. I do think Hockey East would like to be at an even number of teams like ECAC has at 12. It's just a lot cleaner with scheduling. As it stands now there is always one team not playing the final weekend of the season/final night of the season. That's not what you're looking for when you have playoff positioning on the line.

Holy Cross women are already in Hockey East. The ball is in HCs court. The problem is they do not have a new rink. If Holy Cross would commit to a new rink they would be the first choice for Hockey East. If that never comes to fruition there are two Atlantic schools who come to mind. Bentley like you mentioned but also Sacred Heart. They just built a new rink as well and are in the New England footprint. People used to talk about Quinnipiac joining Hockey East but they just won a national title and they get to be affiliated with the Ivy schools. That isn't happening.

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site

https://snworksceo.imgix.net/atp/5edb48c5-3251-43e1-8be8-9867fa9fd63e.sized-1000x1000.jpg?w=1500&ar=4%3A3&fit=crop&crop=faces&facepad=3&auto=format

Last edited:

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Losing to the US team isn't a shock but 8-1 after losing at UNH? Sounds like BU is a bit overrated at this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad