College Hockey NCAA 2023 - 24 season

KrugAvoy

Aug 11, 2017
Lowell
Can't wait for the season. BC and BU should be top of the conference, UNH and Vermont likely bottom with everyone else In between finishing anywhere. I'm a UML guy so I'm not too confident in our offense but our defense and goaltending is often stout

Reactions: DKH

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
So was this dude a part of the hazing or is he leaving because he doesn't want to be associated with the program now? If you're looking to transfer now you'd be starting 2nd semester somewhere or just turn pro.
Not involved in the incident

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005

May 9, 2010
Weymouth
I keep hearing about these BU and BC commits/recruits. Meanwhile, Northeastern went the way of the (non-B1G) midwest teams and loaded up some transfers and probably the best freshman goaltender.

College hockey is going to be spicy this year!

Reactions: Terrier

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I keep hearing about these BU and BC commits/recruits. Meanwhile, Northeastern went the way of the (non-B1G) midwest teams and loaded up some transfers and probably the best freshman goaltender.
Maybe not. Whitehead was a 4th round pick in 2022. Jacob Fowler was a 3rd round pick this past draft. We shall see. Whitehead is 20 though so he may be a bit more seasoned. But both were in USHL last year and Fowler led his team to championship.

08SeaBass08

Maybe next year.
Jul 8, 2010
Funkytown, Boogie Wonderland
Over 100 more Minnesotans than Bay Staters. Yuck!

I’m assuming those young teams are largely due to rapid turnover and short player stays in the NCAA, but the disparity between the quality of teams in the young column vs. the mediocrity of teams in the old category is stunning.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Over 100 more Minnesotans than Bay Staters. Yuck!

I’m assuming those young teams are largely due to rapid turnover and short player stays in the NCAA, but the disparity between the quality of teams in the young column vs. the mediocrity of teams in the old category is stunning.
1. I don't have historical data but isn't it normal for Minnesota to produce the most players by a wide margin? Massachusetts may be behind on numbers but we have still been producing top tier talent. The three M states all still going strong.

2. The teams that are the youngest are the ones that get the top talent like the USNTDP kids. Always been that way. Schools who can't get those kids have to be resourceful to compete which includes bringing in older players.

08SeaBass08

Maybe next year.
Jul 8, 2010
Funkytown, Boogie Wonderland
1. I don't have historical data but isn't it normal for Minnesota to produce the most players by a wide margin? Massachusetts may be behind on numbers but we have still been producing top tier talent. The three M states all still going strong.

2. The teams that are the youngest are the ones that get the top talent like the USNTDP kids. Always been that way. Schools who can't get those kids have to be resourceful to compete which includes bringing in older players.
1. Yes. I still hate it because I’m a provincial Masshole and I want our kids to dominate.

2. Historically, NCAA champs have been older teams. Transfer portal has evidently obliterated that. Probably some other factors, too. Most NCAA players aren’t even freshmen until they’re 20-21, after a couple years in junior, which makes these ages even more unusual.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad