Value of: Nazem Kadri

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
I'm in. Sounds like other Leafs fans would prefer to keep him though.

We are a large fan base with a large range of options. You will almost never get any kind of consensus from us.
And Kadri is a polarizing but mostly popular player.

That said with Mathews and Nylander as our 1 and 2 centres of the future Leaf fans have to at least be willing consider Naz as a guy who could be used to improve the team in other areas.

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
We are a large fan base with a large range of options. You will almost never get any kind of consensus from us.
And Kadri is a polarizing but mostly popular player.

That said with Mathews and Nylander as our 1 and 2 centres of the future Leaf fans have to at least be willing consider Naz as a guy who could be used to improve the team in other areas.

Nah,

Kadri can be the 3C on our championship team, or move up very effectively if there's injuries, he's making $4.5m and scoring 30 goals, being a pest, drawing penalties, bleeds blue and white.

You don't trade that guy unless you're being offered that franchise D in a package, then you hope you can find a guy like Kadri and maybe it never happens and he ends up being the missing piece.

Kadri is a specialized player IMO. These guys don't grow on trees just like those franchise D don't grow on trees. We have him so cheap that you just don't even need to entertain trading him. If Lou's talking trade and Kadri comes up you start talking about other players instead.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I don't think or want the leafs to trade him, but I'm curious what teams would offer for him.

26 year old coming off a 32 goal 61 pt year.
Great shutdown centre who matches up against teams best players.
Gritty player who steps his game up in physical games.

Signed for 5 more years at 4.5 million which is an absolute steal of a contract

I'm not sure why Kadri is being called a great shutdown center.

His shot suppression sucks
He isn't good in the Face off-circle
He sucks in the face-off circle in his own zone
He has more giveaways than Takeaways
He doesn't block a lot of shots.

Says who? Just curious here... Leafs score a good amount with him on the ice but they give up alot of goals with him on the ice aswell. He isnt a shutdown center if you actually mean shutting down other teams top players and not just playing against other teams top players?

Example:
Kadri 5v5 on ice stats: goals for 2,6 and goals against 2,8. I have no clue how anyone can say he is a shutdown center. I think he is a good player but he is not a shutdown center.

Derek Stepan 5v5 on ice stats: goals for 2,5 and goals against 1,8. Thats a shutdown center.

How can you be called a shutdown center when you allow goals against at the rate Kadri does?

Kadri is nice but he is not a great shutdown C.
Still, we are taking offers on Stepan
we are optimistic that Miller-Zib-Hayes-Lindberg-Nieves gets it done
if that is the situation, best case scenario, we can swing Kadri to W

your best offer
stepan 6.5 + Girardi reduced to 3 + expiring Klein reduced to 2
for
Kadri 4.5 + Lupul, LTIR expiring at 5.25 + ____________

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015

your best offer
for

Pass. That doesn't do anything for the leafs. We take on more cap long term which makes no sense. We are not gonna help the Rangers out.

TBC

Dec 22, 2016

your best offer
for

That's an atrocious offer.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Nah,

Kadri can be the 3C on our championship team, or move up very effectively if there's injuries, he's making $4.5m and scoring 30 goals, being a pest, drawing penalties, bleeds blue and white.

You don't trade that guy unless you're being offered that franchise D in a package, then you hope you can find a guy like Kadri and maybe it never happens and he ends up being the missing piece.

Kadri is a specialized player IMO. These guys don't grow on trees just like those franchise D don't grow on trees. We have him so cheap that you just don't even need to entertain trading him. If Lou's talking trade and Kadri comes up you start talking about other players instead.

Sums up rather nicely why Kadri trade threads are pointless.

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
Kadri aint gettin traded. He's as untouchable as Mathews. Yeah that's right I said it. Dont care what you non-leaf fans think. Kadri gonna be a leaf for a long long time.

Mods should just lock this thread
im a leaf fan. He's not untouchable. Do I want to keep him. Absolutely. If it's a good deal both ways. See ya.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth

your best offer
for

Wow that's awful.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
The Leafs aren't trading Kadri unless its an overpayment. Ie: in a package for a top pairing RHD.

Can't get that? No worries. The Leafs will keep him.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009

your best offer
for

Potentially the worst offer I've seen on HF that wasn't an intentional troll.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011

your best offer
for

Bern, i wouldn't swap Stepan for Kadri....now imagine how i feel having to take Girardi. We don't need to deal Lupul....his LTIR is just fine on Robidas island.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS

your best offer
for

Jesus that is absolutely god awful.

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Kadri would probably get a Hamonic-level guy if the Leafs traded him. Josi and #1D projections are pretty laughable.

But it goes back to the ol rule of ownership: whoever controls the asset controls its value, not the others trying to acquire the asset. If Leafs management values Kadri as a "we'll only trade him for a #1D signed to a fair long-term cap hit" player, then he's not getting traded.

But it goes the opposite way as well with top-4 defensmen. The teams that control them want forwards on Kadri's level, so if you're unwilling to meet their valuations, you don't fill the organizational hole. Can't have your cake and eat it too.

Fact is, the forwards you want to keep are the forwards other teams want, the forwards you want to trade are the forwards other teams don't want. Let me tell you a story, long long long ago in the year 2016, when Edmonton Oilers fans told everyone who'd listen that Jordan Eberle would quite easily fetch them the top-4 defenseman and mocked anyone who wouldn't accept that statement as fact.

Gavy

Jan 30, 2012
Ottawa

your best offer
for

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Buddy, you should take a break from posting for a while. One of the worst posts I've seen in a while

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
What about Kadri for Hammer and a swap of 1st round picks

Honestly given the years they had I think it would prob be Hammer plus a first for Kadri. Or at least something more significant than a pick swap between 15 and 17.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Honestly given the years they had I think it would prob be Hammer plus a first for Kadri. Or at least something more significant than a pick swap between 15 and 17.

Fair value but I still wouldn't do it.

Not only do I think there are cheaper RHD options on the market but losing Kadri even with the addition of Hamonic doesn't make us a better team. One of the biggest reasons we were a good team this year and especially in the playoffs was Kadri and his line. Guys like Brown and Komarov had incredible years on ES. They were a 5v5 nightmare despite their usage against top lines. They work hard, they get under teams skin, and they all play with a edge.

That type of C depth (Kadri, Bozak, Matthews and potentially Nylander in the future) is a lethal combination and it will be a lot harder to replace Kadri moving forward than it is to acquire a top 4 RHD.

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
Hamonic is intresting but why is he injured so often?
I feel like Tanev is a similar option but cheaper.

He broke his thumb on a blocked shot early in the season, messed up his hand in a fight late in the season. There was a knee on knee collision somewhere in there too.

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
what about other years?

10-11: 62 games
11-12: 73 games
12-13: 69 games (lockout shortened season, 21 of those were in AHL) + 6 in the playoffs
13-14: 69 games
14-15: 71 games
15-16: 72 games + 11 in the playoffs

He's no Cal Ripkin Jr but missing approximately 10 games a season for a physical stay-at-home defenseman doesn't make him Rick DiPietro either.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
The Leafs aren't trading Kadri unless its an overpayment. Ie: in a package for a top pairing RHD.

Can't get that? No worries. The Leafs will keep him.

Very underrated player.
Good player and a pain to play against.
Nice contract..... those things make him a keeper

EC

Nov 10, 2016
Colton Parayko
Noah Hanifin
Brandon Montour
Jonas Brodin
Ryan Ellis
Ryan Murray
Dougie Hamilton

...the on the cusp top tier D for Kadri

those who think Marner or Nylander could fetch some of these names. They are not for sale, unless the top top echelon D (Hedman, OEL, Doughty, Karlsson etc)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad