Value of: Nazem Kadri

Gavy

Jan 30, 2012
Ottawa
I don't think or want the leafs to trade him, but I'm curious what teams would offer for him.

26 year old coming off a 32 goal 61 pt year.
Great shutdown centre who matches up against teams best players.
Gritty player who steps his game up in physical games.

Signed for 5 more years at 4.5 million which is an absolute steal of a contract

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
He came up a couple of times in Isles threads (with other Leafs fans barging in being like NO ABSOLUTELY NOT) but anyway, Isles could offer something involving Hamonic or Pulock and probably add to that.

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
He came up a couple of times in Isles threads (with other Leafs fans barging in being like NO ABSOLUTELY NOT) but anyway, Isles could offer something involving Hamonic or Pulock and probably add to that.

That's because there are no 30 goal gritty shutdown centermen signed for 5 years at 4.5 mil ever available. It's impossible to get them.

Kadri is worth a hell of alot more than any team is willing to offer. In a vacuum he should fetch a #1D signed to a similarly great contract. Anything less would be terrible

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
Not that he'd be available at all, but I'd be looking for a Roman Josi type return for Nazem.

Nashville won't do it though.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
That's because there are no 30 goal gritty shutdown centermen signed for 5 years at 4.5 mil ever available. It's impossible to get them.

Kadri is worth a hell of alot more than any team is willing to offer. In a vacuum he should fetch a #1D signed to a similarly great contract. Anything less would be terrible

Any teams offering a #1D signed long term? No?

Shut the thread down, I don't foresee any #1D signed long term being offered for Kadri.

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007

I don't know that he would get a #1D, let alone one on a great contract.

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
Not that he'd be available at all, but I'd be looking for a Roman Josi type return for Nazem.

Nashville won't do it though.

Roman Josi, a top 10 defenseman on maybe the best non entry level contract in the entire league. Of course they wouldn't do it.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Great additions to the thread.

Maybe try suggesting something instead of just telling people they're wrong?

We are adding something to the thread, pointing out completely unrealistic requests.

Guy wants a #1D for Kadri

I want Matthews for Petan. Deal?

People need to be realistic or don't bother posting. Notice you didn't quote him your fellow Leaf fan.

Gavy

Jan 30, 2012
Ottawa
We are adding something to the thread, pointing out completely unrealistic requests.

Guy wants a #1D for Kadri

I want Matthews for Petan. Deal?

People need to be realistic or don't bother posting. Notice you didn't quote him your fellow Leaf fan.
Thread asks what people would offer. All you're doing is saying " nu uh" and being dramatic

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
1st pairing dman is what I'd expect in a hypothetical Kadri deal. Ultimately seems like one of those "worth more than what other teams are willing to give up" type of players

The Thin White Duke

Aug 11, 2009
got ya. But with bozak maybe gone in the off season they may need him to be on the PK. I'd like to see how he does there.

Why tire Kadri out when you can get a cheap 4th liner like Boyle to handle the PK just as effectively?

Faceoffs and size are more important on the PK than actual defensive skill if we're being honest here. You don't need a clean breakout or a good backchecker, you just need a guy who can lay a hit and slap the puck out without thinking.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Event closes
    • Updated: