Rumor: Nazem Kadri still wants $9M

Nico Hischier

Nov 22, 2017
Hi, I’m Nico Hischier and I disapprove of this message.

FBE7B016-606A-40F8-9AB9-F4B9A2166AD5.jpeg

WhereAreTheCookies

Feb 16, 2022
Top Shelf
Ya but you also get less ice time when you have to play behind Mackinnon. It’s not like all the centers who play behind an elite Center put up huge numbers.
He played 19:14 a game last season. That would have put him in the top 3 for ice time among forwards for all but 3 teams in the league (Colorado, Winnipeg, and Edmonton). He definitely played the minutes a first line player would get on another team.

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
he has his cup, he is just looking to get paid at this point, anyone who gives him close to what he is asking is going to regret it

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Maybe his teammates are just more elite? I guess fans just have a problem with the word elite. Most consider it one of the better players in the league. That doesn't mean top 10 or close to the best as those are probably called super stars by most. So if terminology is your issue don't mix it up and compare it to fans calling him equal to MacKinnon, Makar, or even Ratanen. I don't think anybody is doing that.
What do you think the word "elite" means?

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Maybe his teammates are just more elite? I guess fans just have a problem with the word elite. Most consider it one of the better players in the league. That doesn't mean top 10 or close to the best as those are probably called super stars by most. So if terminology is your issue don't mix it up and compare it to fans calling him equal to MacKinnon, Makar, or even Ratanen. I don't think anybody is doing that.
I think you have it backwards if we are talking most people.
Elite, at least in my general interactions with folks is a tier above superstar.

Glorydays22

Nov 21, 2011
God as an Isles fan...I hope there is someone stupid to give him 8-9M so he doesn't sign with us!!!!

Reactions: cavs

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I gotta think that since its Aug 11 if a long term high $$ deal hasn't been signed by now there isn't one to be made.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ciao

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I think you have it backwards if we are talking most people.
Elite, at least in my general interactions with folks is a tier above superstar.
I don't think I've seen many consider elite above superstar, but I don't know which generation you're referring to I suppose. But I also don't really watch a lot of basketball so many it's more used to describe the very best there.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Performed like a 2C last year but usually like a high end 3C so 9M too much. Knock it down 1M or 2M and teams give short term deal to see if last year's production was a blip or if he can continue that level.
So you don't know who he is or what you are talking about. Look up his stats and delete your post.

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
So you don't know who he is or what you are talking about. Look up his stats and delete your post.
Exactly , a whole lot of internet experts who never watched an Av's regular season game . News Flash Experts , Landy missed 31 games , Nate missed 17 , Nuke missed 20 and while they were all out mid season Kadri led that team to the top of the league , when they were all back and the team had locked up a berth he shut it down for the last 11 games to rehab his own injury . We all saw how played in the playoffs so this #2/#3 nonsense is just that nonsense .

Reactions: Koolboss

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
I think Naz is trying to get into the century club , you listen to players talk to each other about their careers and thats one of the benchmarks they humble brag amongst themselves . He's made 38+ so far and 7 year x 9 million would add 63 which puts him in the club . I don' t think he gets there but hey 9 million doesn' t get you a Mack or a McJesus any more , it' s not like he's asking for the 11 that three Leafs with zero rings are making so 9 probably is a reasonable price for a #1C that will go through a wall for his team mates while putting up serious numbers . Sucks the cap flattened out or we would be looking at 88-90million and he would have been signed July first for 10+ .

TomppaKoo

Jan 27, 2021
Exactly , a whole lot of internet experts who never watched an Av's regular season game . News Flash Experts , Landy missed 31 games , Nate missed 17 , Nuke missed 20 and while they were all out mid season Kadri Rantanen led that team to the top of the league , when they were all back and the team had locked up a berth he shut it down for the last 11 games to rehab his own injury . We all saw how played in the playoffs so this #2/#3 nonsense is just that nonsense .

franste Perreault

Dec 2, 2021
Does Kadri will make more pts than Beauvillier and Bailey together ?
My answer is NO.
They need to trade at least one but more probably these 2 guy to fit Kadri @ 9M and resign Their RFA.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad