OT: Nats, Wiz, O's, Ravens, Terps, DC United, Navy, Gtown, etc., 2016-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caps Circle

Jan 19, 2015
Chantilly, VA
Wizards remind me of the 2008-09 Cardiac Caps. No lead is safe, for either team.

Thing is, that's much more sustainable in basketball than in hockey.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
I'm firmly on your bandwagon for the NBA ans while these ki d of wins are fun as hell, they need to play better D in order to knock off best teams in the East.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Terps get the #6 seed in the West. Wow.

Playing #11 Xavier in Orlando, that isn't in the west... Should be a good one.

Possible 2nd round match up with Florida State.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
We interrupt your regularly scheduled Redskins and Caps bashing to bring you this news:

3. Washington Wizards
2016-17 record: 41-24
Previous ranking: 5

Consider Scotty Brooks firmly in the heart of the NBA's Coach of the Year race. How could anyone argue after the Wizards won the first four games of a five-game swing through the Western Conference to climb to No. 2 in the East and give themselves a shot at a perfect trip if they can win Monday night in Minneapolis? After starting 1-7 this season in the second night of back-to-back sets, Washington has suddenly won its last five games in that situation, thanks to wins in Denver on Wednesday night and Portland on Saturday night. The road win over the Blazers was especially memorable because the Wiz overcame a 21-point halftime deficit; teams were 0-54 leaguewide this season when trailing by 21 or more at intermission. It was the biggest such comeback for the Wiz since the Committee's senior year of high school -- when they railed from 22 down at the half in Milwaukee in January 1987. The rally presumably clinched Eastern Conference Player of the Week honors for the ridiculously hot John Wall (who torched the Blazers for 39). The Wiz, folks, are 25-8 in 2017.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
They were #2 in someones power rankings (I think Bleacher Report) last week. I posted it in here I believe. Its like we are living in another dimension.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
I watched the Timber Wolves game last night. Turned it on late in the 1st and the Wiz was already down 20. Closest the Wiz got was 6 points. Karl-Anthony Towns could not miss last night. Wiz need to stop getting into 20 point holes early in games.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I watched the Timber Wolves game last night. Turned it on late in the 1st and the Wiz was already down 20. Closest the Wiz got was 6 points. Karl-Anthony Towns could not miss last night. Wiz need to stop getting into 20 point holes early in games.

The Wolves shot 70% in the first quarter. It was absurd. The guys also looked pretty tired. There were about 10 different opportunities where a shot didn't fall that normally falls and thus a run was stunted.

Also, I hate John Wall taking 18-foot jumpers. Automatic miss and turnover.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA

Id be shocked if they finished above 3rd in conference. Boston has played a lot more road games Wiz. Like 5. So I'm betting 3rd seed. Which is still terrific.

Slateman

Feb 2, 2016
Giolito today: 4 IP, 4 ER, 4 H, 0 K. FB at 90-92 and produced zero swinging strikes the entire outing.

Looks like Rizzo may have fleeced the White Sox.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Giolito today: 4 IP, 4 ER, 4 H, 0 K. FB at 90-92 and produced zero swinging strikes the entire outing.

Looks like Rizzo may have fleeced the White Sox.

No, he only pitched 2/3 of an inning. Didn't get out of the first inning

Slateman

Feb 2, 2016
No, he only pitched 2/3 of an inning. Didn't get out of the first inning

Yea, my bad. I copied the line wrong.

The no swinging strikes thing is probably the most concerning. He was supposed to have an amazing curve and he can't get swings and misses with it.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Yea, my bad. I copied the line wrong.

The no swinging strikes thing is probably the most concerning. He was supposed to have an amazing curve and he can't get swings and misses with it.

Youre going to draw a conclusion from a March 14th outing? Seriously? Aren't you one of the guys that was railing against the deal when it happened, saying Rizzo is an idiot etc etc?

And now he maybe fleeced the White Sox due to an outing of 7 batters or whatever in the beginning of March? Lol. Talk about ledge jumping dude.

Slateman

Feb 2, 2016
Youre going to draw a conclusion from a March 14th outing? Seriously? Aren't you one of the guys that was railing against the deal when it happened, saying Rizzo is an idiot etc etc?

And now he maybe fleeced the White Sox due to an outing of 7 batters or whatever in the beginning of March? Lol. Talk about ledge jumping dude.

I draw my conclusion from the last two years. His March 14 outing (and this year's ST performance) simply confirms what we saw all last year, and at the end of 2015. He has not progressed as you would expect someone as highly rated as he was.

His fastball lacks velocity and life. His change up shows no development in the last year. His curveball has depth, but he can't control it. If you can't throw it for a strike, opposing hitters at the MLB level well recognize the spin right away and spit on it. Maybe it's dead arm. Maybe he's tweeked something. Maybe he's trying to develop mechanics. But for one reason or another, Giolito has not made the leap you would expect from pitchers rated as highly as he was at this point last year.

Please point to where I "railed" against Rizzo for the trade. I'm far more angry at not being able to secure a closer over the last four years than him trading for Eaton. I think Eaton is overrated due to playing RF last year, but his contract and production are still very good. 6 WAR good? Probably not. 3.5-4.5 WAR good? Yea, I think so.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Terps playing Xavier, whose head coach looks like a caps assistant coach we all know...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad