OT: Nats, Wiz, O's, Ravens, Terps, DC United, Navy, Gtown, etc., 2016-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Sadly that loss was predictable once they said the big white dude #54 for Xavier scored career high points in the 1st half. Terps just dont have any presence up front. And when your best player couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat the front court needs to contribute. It couldn't and they got beat bad.

Next year should be better with those three freshman playing their 2nd year of College ball. And I can't see Melo leaving early this year. For what, to play in Europe? He has no outside shot to speak of. And he isn't much of a ball handler to be an NBA point guard. So stay in school and graduate. Maybe make some noise next year with Checko back and hopefully some added bulk up front.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Against my better judgment, I picked the Terps to beat Xavier. Knew they'd lose but picked them anyway.

Sigh. So,did I. I just can't lose the homer part of me, that does that every year. They way they were playing, it was obvious they'd lose. The Northwestern game proved that.

Ah well. Turgeon needs to get a really talented X's and O's assistant. Cause he's not it. He's a great recruiter, but for this program to ever be more than this ("hoping" for sweet 16), they need better coaching.

Gary would have taken any of the last few years teams farther than Turgeon has. That said, he never would have had the talent levels either, so it's a moot point.

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
Sigh. So,did I. I just can't lose the homer part of me, that does that every year.

I filled out a bracket on ESPN while visiting family in Tennessee. After one round I'm 29-3 and in the 100th percentile. My three losses are all teams that I had losing in the second round anyways so I've still got a shot at a perfect Sweet 16.

I picked MTSU to win it all. How's that for a homer pick? They'd have to beat exclusively top 5 seeds to get there including potentially three one seeds haha. Never gonna happen, I know, but damn I feel like one of the very few people in the country who's got Mid Tennessee and made it out of the first round in this good of a shape. In short, I could definitely have the best bracket in the country haha.

(Jinx.)

Last edited:

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
I filled out a bracket on ESPN while visiting family in Tennessee. After one round I'm 29-3 and in the 100th percentile. My three losses are all teams that I had losing in the second round anyways so I've still got a shot at a perfect Sweet 16.

I picked MTSU to win it all. How's that for a homer pick? They'd have to beat exclusively top 5 seeds to get there including potentially three one seeds haha. Never gonna happen, I know, but damn I feel like one of the very few people in the country who's got Mid Tennessee and made it out of the first round in this good of a shape. In short, I could definitely have the best bracket in the country haha.

(Jinx.)

29-3? Thats impressive!

I was 23-9 with 3 sweet 16's gone. Stupid Maryland

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
29-3? Thats impressive!

I was 23-9 with 3 sweet 16's gone. Stupid Maryland

I'm 34-6 now but my bracket is busted with Villanova and Mid Tennessee knocked out haha. It was a fun ride while it lasted but those are two of my Final Four picks biting the dust.

Guess I'll be buying my own car now that ESPN's corporate sponsors won't have a reason to!

Sep 19, 2008
Wizards flaming out lately with baffling losses to Dallas and Charlotte as well as Boston. Championship aspirations might have been premature.

There's nothing wrong with saying that. This is a good team. But they were never elite. They were never championship contenders or eastern conference finals participants. The ceiling for this club the way they're playing is second round when they inevitably get eliminated by Cleveland or Boston.

Slateman

Feb 2, 2016
Wizards flaming out lately with baffling losses to Dallas and Charlotte as well as Boston. Championship aspirations might have been premature.

There's nothing wrong with saying that. This is a good team. But they were never elite. They were never championship contenders or eastern conference finals participants. The ceiling for this club the way they're playing is second round when they inevitably get eliminated by Cleveland or Boston.

Failing to get Durant to even come in for a conversation was extremely costly.

Jeez .... can you imagine how good this team would be with Durant? Porter/Gortat would be great bench pieces with Bogdanovic.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Failing to get Durant to even come in for a conversation was extremely costly.

Jeez .... can you imagine how good this team would be with Durant? Porter/Gortat would be great bench pieces with Bogdanovic.

Durant has since revealed that DC was never in his plans. He didn't want to come here and be a hometown spectacle.

Sep 19, 2008
Georgetown fired JT3 which Tony Kornheiser says is some of the most important news in DC Sports and he's partially right. Georgetown used to be a basketball powerhouse but really hit hard times late. Missing the tournament is one thing. Missing them two years in a row especially for a storied program like Georgetown...combined with a general lack of success and early exits fromt he tournament since the Final Four run in 2006/2007 ish...he gone

Slateman

Feb 2, 2016
Georgetown fired JT3 which Tony Kornheiser says is some of the most important news in DC Sports and he's partially right. Georgetown used to be a basketball powerhouse but really hit hard times late. Missing the tournament is one thing. Missing them two years in a row especially for a storied program like Georgetown...combined with a general lack of success and early exits fromt he tournament since the Final Four run in 2006/2007 ish...he gone

It's only important if Georgetown hires from outside the John Thompson Circle of Trust

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014

the nats pitcher they got from the rays for peanuts throws 98-100 mph over and over and over :amazed::amazed:

(watch the mph in top left corner)

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
You aint watching the wiz game shame on you

Well, assuming you have a TV on. Try 2 kids under 4.

Caught the last parts, and watched post game. They were good. Shot it amazingly well, which helps.

East is a 4 team race. Wiz are one of them. Can't ignore Toronto either. Wiz probably will have to beat Celts and Cavs, which looks very improbable. But they could beat one of them, for sure, more likely the Celts. Would mean ECF.

What I like more than that, is the fact that the team is young. Really young. Only 3 guys over 27 on the roster. It could be an issue that the 3 guys are their 3 bigs. Both C's and Smith over 30. They need to get some good young player there. Fortunately it's also a lot of money they can clear once the bigs are done. 33m all in.

I'd trade Gortat, as was said earlier. Clear cap space.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Isabelle's alma mater South Carolina plays in final four in Arizona next Saturday. Caps play in Arizona on Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad